User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Need help working out this less-than-$1-at-WalMart plan

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Needing to do this tonight because of my Ziploc coupon expiry. No pressure.

2x Febreze Air Effects spray @ 2.97 ea. = $5.84 - $3 wub2 = $2.84
    2x Mr. Clean Magic Eraser @ 1.96 ea. = $3.92 - $2.50 wub2 = $1.42
    2x Gain fabric softener (price is not advertised) @ 2.50 ea. - $2.50 wub2 = $2.50
    2x FREE Stick n Refresh wub3 dif. brands Febreze, Gain and Mr. Clean. =FREE
    2x coupon zone $3 off basket wub3 diff P&G brands. = -$6.00
    PM nofrills Ziploc $0.88 - $1 coupon = +0.12
    Bread free with purchase of any Ziploc.

Total: $0.64

Here's my dilemma: the coupons say one coupon per purchase of items specified. The $2.50 coupon is for any 2 of: Gain, Mr. clean OR Febreze. I am using it once on the Mr. Clean, and once on the Gain. My WalMart has adopted the darn "one per purchase" to mean "one per transaction" thing. Would they tell me that I can only use one of those coupons in this transaction? I need to use both in one transaction in order for the coupon zone ones to work, as they require three different brands in the same transaction in order to be applied. Also, I am worried that they'll also tell me I can only use one FREE coupon per transaction. If that's the case I'll survive, but the $2.50 one I need to be able to use both in the same transaction.....
    This thread is currently associated with: No Frills, Walmart

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

You may have a problem price matching the ziplocks because they are a 40 pack and walmarts are usually a 50 pack.
    I always find price matching no frills "good" sales hard because its always for a size that doesn't actually exist anywhere elee
    LIVE SIMPLE and luckbealady like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You can not stack at Walmart if that is what you are thinking to do, Also the coupon zone coupons can only be used at Loblaws Banner stores not walmart. So they are right for only allowing one coupon per item per the coupon policy.
    ericaraina likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by brennen7 View Post
    You can not stack at Walmart if that is what you are thinking to do, Also the coupon zone coupons can only be used at Loblaws Banner stores not walmart. So they are right for only allowing one coupon per item per the coupon policy.
    Actually WalMart does accept competitor's coupons, and cz coupons are included in that. They enter them in as a price match, so you can not price match the same item you're using a cz coupon on. It is the $2.50 coupon I'm worried about.

As for the Ziploc, I was pretty sure I had bought a 40 count box before? I never thought about that. I can go to RCSS tomorrow, however it's a lot further away, and I'll lose the $1 coupon as well. If I must, I must, though. They don't count "one per purchase" small print as "one per transaction", do they?
    MillieH likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have edit your list below to what you can do:

2x Febreze Air Effects spray @ 2.97 ea. = $5.84 - $3 wub2 = $2.84
    2x Mr. Clean Magic Eraser @ 1.96 ea. = $3.92 - $2.50 wub2 = $1.42
    2x Gain fabric softener (price is not advertised) @ 2.50 ea. - $2.50 wub2 = $2.50
    2x FREE Stick n Refresh wub3 dif. brands Febreze, Gain and Mr. Clean. =FREE (Not Allowed to Stack)
    2x coupon zone $3 off basket wub3 diff P&G brands. = -$6.00(Coupon Zone Coupon can not be used at Walmart)
    PM nofrills Ziploc $0.88 - $1 coupon = +0.12
    Bread free with purchase of any Ziploc(Not Allowed to Stack)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianCouponCollector View Post
    Actually WalMart does accept competitor's coupons, and cz coupons are included in that. They enter them in as a price match, so you can not price match the same item you're using a cz coupon on. It is the $2.50 coupon I'm worried about.

As for the Ziploc, I was pretty sure I had bought a 40 count box before? I never thought about that. I can go to RCSS tomorrow, however it's a lot further away, and I'll lose the $1 coupon as well. If I must, I must, though. They don't count "one per purchase" small print as "one per transaction", do they?
    'Competitors coupons qualify if:Issued by a Canadian competitor
    For a specific item for a specified price i.e. $2.99
    Buy one, get one free (BOGO) coupons for items with a specified price
    They have a valid expiration date
    Are acceptable in black, white or color'

They don't have a specified price on them so I thought walmart never took them, Have you talked to a CSM or Manger about using them before?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yes these ones say $3 off when you purchase 3 participating items from P&G. I use cz coupons all the time at mine. Also the free bread when you purchase a Ziploc item is not stacking. It is used on the bread only. It would be stacking if it said save $3 on the purchase of Ziploc and bread. Same with the free stick and refresh- it is used only on the stick and refresh, so it is not stacking. I am just worried that they will tell me I cannot use 2 of the $2.50 off coupons in the same transaction....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

40 is special size, so you will have to go to nf for the ziploc, walmart dont' carry special sizes. and the coupon is for 1 per customer

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I wouldn't suggest going to RCSS to try and get the Ziploc bags either. I checked when I was in the other day, and like others say the 40 count is a special box that No Frills brings in. I doubt you'd be able to get it at RCSS.

As far as the coupon zone coupons go, people are just telling you what the specific policy is. Most Walmart stores do not allow $$ off coupons from coupon zone, as they are not reimbursed for them. They would allow them if it was buy x item for y amount, as it's like price matching. Your Walmart is just extra nice with coupons!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would print and take the current Walmart coupon policy with me - any doubts go to customer service first before shopping!!! Less stress is good!!!!!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I've used the buy 3 cereal save $3 coupon zone coupons @ Walmart but its my understanding they wont let you use what my friend calls grouping.. ie one on the ziploc and then buy ziploc get bread.. It may depend on the cashier or CSM there.. it sure can't hurt to ask..
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

... hmm.. lol maybe my WalMart *is* extra nice with coupons. They did let me use the $3 off wub3 cereals as well. I went like 5 times for that deal. lol Maybe, then, they'll let me use that $2.50 coupon twice in one transaction. But also, maybe I will wait and do the pm at RCSS on Tuesday, as I have that FPC and am not sure any store near me will have that particular product. They did let me get the $4 off ground beef deal, and I used a $1 off the salsa for that as well. So I guess they're not all that evil. I've let go of the Ziploc $1 coupon anyway, as the littlest one is now in bed.
    luckbealady and web3 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Hey CanadianCouponCollecter:
    where did you find the $2.50 Gain fabric softeners? Were they the softner sheets or liquid? I was just there and bought two of the gain sheets hoping I would get one free. They both came up at $3.63 though. Still bought them, but I couldn't see a single sign saying they were the price you mentioned.
    Also, thanks for putting this list up. I also got some febreeze. All the credit of my savings on that goes to you.
    Hope everything worked out as you were hoping.
    Veebee

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

... Thanks! Glad you got some great savings! I'm trying to determine if I should drive the half hour to RCSS just to make this transaction (there's a few other deals I'm interested in there- may be worth the trip), but not sure if they will allow the cz plus man coupons, or if they'll pm NoFrills kitty litter deal as the closest NoFrills is half an hour further away. As for the Gain, it was liquid fabric softener, and it's not listed in any flyers but is on for $2.50 at my store.
    Last edited by CanadianCouponCollector; Mon, Jul 22nd, 2013 at 06:52 AM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Lucky you! The liquid softner was not that price at my Walmart.
    I ended up getting the boxed kind, and it seemed like a good deal to pay$4.63 for two x 120 sheet boxes.
    What are you getting from the RCSS?
    And they should price match, the Walmart here doesn't even ask where the no frills I am price matching to is. Actually, I don't even know if there is on in Waterloo!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information