User Tag List

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
Like Tree831Likes

Thread: I can't afford to even be invited to a wedding....

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Personally, I would not even associate with these types. I just don't get it....WHY throw a huge wedding that you obviously can't afford (or you wouldn't be expecting your guests to foot the bill), in the first place? We had a modest sized wedding (150 guests or so), that we paid for ourselves. It was at an upscale hotel and included all the bells and whistles. The cost was affordable because we knew what we could afford, we budgeted for it and we didn't spend above our means. The point was to celebrate our special day with family and friends, and we truly appreciated their attendance! Never once did we expect anything from them, much less hundreds of dollars to cover their plates!?!

This was 10 years ago, however the concept even now just angers up the blood and makes my skin crawl.

Junior Canuck fierce_angel_6000's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you are unable to attend the wedding due to finances, someone who expects a gift is not a good friend. If she/he is a good friend, she/he will understand.

But to me, someone who doesn't bring a sincere gift to a wedding, is disrespectful.
    Last edited by fierce_angel_6000; Tue, Jul 30th, 2013 at 07:51 PM.
    coupon girl and ZooyNewt like this.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread Information