User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: how stupid/ignorant is mcdonald's?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

couldn't find this vid anywhere but here:

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/...imum-wage-empl

thought i'd mention it as colbert can be so exacting!!!

never liked those 'burgers'!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: McDonald's
    walkonby and lghend like this.
    if you have some spare time

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Great video - those are some great financial gymnastics McDonald's was doing there.

(I have a teensy crush on Steve Colbert...)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I really think the rich secretly wish they could still have slaves. Oh wait they do , it's called the lower/middle class.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

they are neither stupid nor ignorant :p

they are evil.

there was a nice little michael moore film about capitalism in america on the tube a few days ago. i think it ties into this very nicely

Part 1

bluerose likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Part 2

bluerose likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

sorry but that was funny!!!
    anisa likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

^ Colbert can make you laugh at anything
    R

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Doesn't surprise me. It's funny because if you read the comments left on articles about this, people have no problem with forcing people to work 2 jobs just to scrape by. It's not just the companies /government that's the problem; it's consumers themselves.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thanks that was good.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

what McDonalds does not say is that the hours are not guaranteed in the US.
    Plus with the Obama Health Care Plan, where the employer is forced to have health care for all full time employees, the employers are planning to cut employee hours -- to part time -- so they dont' have to pay health care.

It is really hard for some to make ends meet on a McDonald's salary.
    anisa, xox2010, i_forget and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

It's disgusting. Healthcare is a right, not a privilege. Did you know that the US spends more per capita on healhcare than Canada? Yet people still have to go into debt just to get treated.
    operabob, anisa, Shwa Girl and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

These are all very important things to keep in mind when people compare Canadian retail prices to american ones.

we are the rich, fat cats driving across the border spending our Canadian wages on american goods that are priced based on all the low tactics used by those very retailers.

we do NOT want those peoples' lives just to have the same price tags in Canada.

we should consider ourselves blessed to be able to afford the prices we pay and still have significantly more dignity in our lives.
    R

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Free markets are way better than central planners, just ask people in Mexico, china and Saudi Arabia.

Mcdonalds is not meant to be a career, no one is going to hire a high school kid and pay him $40,000 a year.

I have no problem with a low minimum wage, because states/provinces with minimum wages like Texas and Saskatchewan, also have low unemployment and higher quality of living than high minimum wage places.

Central planners tend to get in the way of progress and upward mobility of workers while at the same time making the rich richer, which is why rich people adore central planning.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Free markets are way better than central planners, just ask people in Mexico, china and Saudi Arabia.

Mcdonalds is not meant to be a career, no one is going to hire a high school kid and pay him $40,000 a year.

I have no problem with a low minimum wage, because states/provinces with minimum wages like Texas and Saskatchewan, also have low unemployment and higher quality of living than high minimum wage places.

Central planners tend to get in the way of progress and upward mobility of workers while at the same time making the rich richer, which is why rich people adore central planning.
    The issue here is that it is not just some high school kid that is working these jobs.

Manufacturing jobs where adults who are unskilled have been bleeding out of the economy for years and are going to places like China, which is leaving people in a bind. They do not have the skills or education to get jobs that pay more, so they are forced to work in these jobs.

I met a man working at a Timmies a few months ago, and he was in his 50s and was laid off from a manufacturing company that packed up and moved down to Mexico. He told me that he tried for a year to get a decent paying job, but nothing was available so he was forced to go work for minimum wage at Tim Hortons. He was not a man who was book smart, so going to College was not an option for him.

If companies, in the name of the bottom line, continue to take the decent paying jobs and move them to countries where the wages are cheaper, the system will continue to be strained. A successful economy requires balance. Jobs are needed for kids who will be going to school, places like McDonalds where you wont be making a career out of it, Manufacturing jobs for the average Joe who is unskilled, skilled trades, and we will always need teachers and doctors and lawyers. When you remove one of these levels of employment, you force the people in these areas into other areas which causes issues. In the current situation, we have people demanding higher wages for jobs which do not warrant higher wages and we have a problem with over education (people getting qualifications for jobs that they lack the capacity to actually do in the real world).

While I agree that we require the give and take of the free market, government needs to stop companies from taking advantage of the lack of balance in standard of livings from one country to the next.
    Last edited by i_forget; Wed, Jul 24th, 2013 at 08:45 PM. Reason: punctuation
    anisa, xox2010, MillieH and 1 others like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

its the same thing at walmart, when i worked there for a small amount of time, my supervisor/boss who was 2 years older then me was saying how hes been there 3 years, and only makes $1 more an hour then me, all they gave him was "title promotions" ....

so now you know why people boycott walmart, they screw local businesses and then screw their employees

example) walmart opens, brings 100 jobs to the town, but forces 50 jobs in local business to be lost.
    those people that lost jobs were making $10 an hour, but at walmart now they only make $8...
    that person will be making $4160 LESS per year as a full time employee,

ive only bought the mens clear shampoo from there because i was curious if the coupons would work.
    other then that i completely boycott walmart now. dont plan on doing any more shopping there.
    BOOO DOWN WITH WALMART

k, my rant within this rant is over.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information