User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: I need your help! I'm in charge of 'goody bags' for Diva Night again this year...

Loves codes of all kinds hogama's Avatar
    Trading Score
    196 (100%)

If you remember, last year (and a few years before!) I made a thread looking for ideas for our Volunteer Fire Dept.'s Fund Raiser. I'm looking for help again this year!! As an incentive for ticket sales, we offer the first 50 ladies who come out to our 'Diva Night' a goody bag as a thank you for coming out to support our local Volunteer Fire Dept.

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/322435-...e-dept-canada/
    and

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/133299-...-night-canada/

So far, I have a few bottle openers from iCoke points converted to 'spread the red' ecertificates. I did a bonus redemption for nail polish in funky colors. I also have sunscreen that was donated by the Canadian Cancer Society... I have a box of random samples from my P&G samplers and other mailouts.. but this is a Diva Night.... we don't want to think of laundry soap and air fresheners!! haha We will probably make some shopping lists/notepads as well. I also have a few pens from Chapman's ice cream (the kids club games)

Let's hear your great ideas again this year!!! I'm not having much luck emailing companies for donations... so I'll have to go the coupon/trial size route!! Are there any coupons out there that we can still use on the sample size/travel size products? (I used to use the $1 St. Ives on the trial size of facial scrub, but now they print right on it... not for 'Trial Size')

Our volunteer Fire Dept. is a cause that's very near n' dear to me... so I'd like to help out in any way I can. Without breaking the bank, of course! (My budget for this is zero dollars!!!) We do have a small stash of Optimum Points that people have been generous enough to donate to our Volunteer Fire Dept. Auxiliary.

I need ideas!!! Thank you to anyone who can steer me in the right direction!

Once the bags are ready, I will post a pix to brag about them, of course!!
    This thread is currently associated with: icoke, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, St. Ives
    Last edited by hogama; Mon, Jul 29th, 2013 at 10:01 AM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

there are 1.50 off colgate advanced total that can be used at wal mart for travel sz 1.00 so you can get .50 overage on each one and apply to something else i think these coupons come from dental offices
    I earn $20+ a month using swagbucks, have you joined yet!!?
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/shantayl
    PM me if you have questions or need any help

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    256 (100%)

No one wants to think about heartburn on Diva Night, but there's a $3 Zantac coupon that expires December 31, 2013 that is valid on any size. Walmart sells the 3 ct. pack for $2.22 & then you could use the overage for something else.

Keep watch for sales on Venus disposable razors. Last week FreshCo had them on for $3.99 and there's a $3 off coupon that expires October 31, 2013. You could PM and use the overage to coverage the $0.99. I didn't get the deal last week, but I'm watching for it, so I'll post when it's available again!

Loves codes of all kinds hogama's Avatar
    Trading Score
    196 (100%)

Awesome suggestions! Diva need to brush their teeth and occasionally get heartburn! haha Great idea about the razors, too!! Thank you, ladies!
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Makeup always makes a woman feel like a diva!

A. Covergirl!
    I believe a lot of lip products from Covergirl are reduced to 3-4 dollars. Specifically thinking of the NatureLux LipGloss, and Outlast LipStain, both at Walmart. Use the P&G 2.00 off coupons and it's fairly cheap. (And if you use the overages from other products it could essentially be free.)

B. Maybelline
    Today's the last day where Maybelline Falsies Big Eyes mascara is 2.99 after coupon. At local SDM's (Or pricematch else where...) Printable coupon from websaver.ca

EDIT: Didn't read the whole post, so I didn't realize you had a budget of zero! Still, hope these are helpful ideas!
    Last edited by paciad; Mon, Jul 29th, 2013 at 02:41 PM.
    hogama and oscarandme like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

When I called Mann's vegetables this year they mailed out a few low value coupons along with recipe ideas and a note pad for the fridge. You could always try contacting them.

Maybe some of those little books from Chapman's Kids Club?

Good luck. Nothing else is coming to mind at the moment (other than what has already been suggested).
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

if you are good for time, maybe try emailing Unilever, Johnson and Johnson, etc. and tell them what you are doing, and ask if they could supply you with coupons to help out! (:
    Angela273, hogama and oscarandme like this.
    My Tradelist and Wishlist

Join the Purell Loyalty Program for easy rewards such as gift cards and coupons!

Get FREE Men's Boxers when 1O friends sign up
    http://www.comfortableboxers.com?kid=55D9S

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

oh! and you can order some $3WUB2 Olay Products off of P&G, plus use their inserts and get the single Olay Bar Soap for free!
    My Tradelist and Wishlist

Join the Purell Loyalty Program for easy rewards such as gift cards and coupons!

Get FREE Men's Boxers when 1O friends sign up
    http://www.comfortableboxers.com?kid=55D9S

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Get the firefighters to write you a letter saying you are doing this for them. Take the letter to a grocery customer service desk. They will call the manager who will read the letter and may authorize you to take some stuff as their donation to the event.

When I was in high school we did a multicultural event and Metro was kind enough to give us some free food so we could feed people. I think it was $20 or $30. Hopefully they may have the same program today
    Angela273, hogama and oscarandme like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    256 (100%)

Thought of something else!

As per Target Canada's coupon policy, Target will allow you to use Target coupons in conjunction with manufacturer coupons. This could lead to some pretty cheap and even free deals!

For example, they had a coupon booklet (all P&G brands) offered in-store (the name was something like Bright Ideas?) and inside there was lots of coupons for great potential deals (e.g., $1 off any Secret item, which you could use on a trial size or stack with the $2 P&G coupons that are out there; and $2 off any CoverGirl product, which you could stack with the $2 P&G coupon). The coupons from this booklet expire August 31, 2013.

They also offer exclusive Target printable coupons here. Great potential deals include the $2 off on Dove female body wash + a manufacturer coupon (I know there was a $1 printable from save.ca) & Clear $2 off + the $3 off manufacturer coupon, etc.

If you can do some of these pairings with a sale, then even better! Target will also let you PM and use coupons.

Hope this helps!

Edit: Peachykeen made an amazing thread here on this Target coupon booklet and match-ups. Has some more info on the stacking restrictions too.
    Last edited by Abby1; Tue, Jul 30th, 2013 at 12:02 AM.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

That is so wonderful of you. If you need coupons just post and I will try to help.
    Last edited by oscarandme; Tue, Jul 30th, 2013 at 09:23 AM.
    hogama likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarandme View Post
    That is so wonderful of you. If you need coupons just post and I will try to help.
    Oscarandme you are just a wonderful women. You are always there for people. I dont really know you but i am sure you would be such a great friend to have. People like you are very hard to find. I thank you for being here on this site and i know there is other great women here and i will say it again. Thank god for this site and it's beautifull people.......
    hogama likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Like others are saying you are a great women to do this and yes if you need some coupons let us know. I dont have many but i am sure i can help a bet.......
    hogama likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

What came to mind for me was using some Optimum points plus coupons (CoverGirl $2 on any product or some of the Maybeline coupons) for make-up at SDM. I bought some this weekend for an early start on Christmas shopping for my stepdaughters and got some really good deals.

I don't know how many Optimum points you have, but do you have enough to do the lower level redemption where you get points back on Wednesday (tomorrow)? Cause you could get good bang for your buck that way, and make some of the points back. There are some sales on makeup and body washes and such. And if you were lucky, there might me some stuff on clearance.
    hogama likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

OMG TARGET!!!!!!!
    I went today, and it is confirmed, there is Marcelle Lipgloss and Blush for 2.58 and there is a 4.00 printable coupon that gives you an overage for the rest of your purchase. (UNLESS, like in my case, the cashier only put in the value of the product... which is still better than full price of 10.98-13.98!)

Also had some Fit Me pressed powders on clearance 2.53 and if you use the 5.00 printable coupon wub2 they are also free (oop 0.06 cents)

ALSO had covergirl eyeshadow for 2.47 and there is the 2.00 p&g coupon.
    sassypants, hogama and ticul like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information