User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: second attemp to stack @SOF F A I L E D !!!!!!!!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    My perspective is different because I live in the lower Mainland where stores like Save-On and PriceSmart are swamped with couponers. Many are pre-ordering significant quantities. I am enjoying the return of stacking but since lots of folks are back to hoarding, and tear pads are now disappearing at the speed of light, I am not counting on it lasting. Hope I'm wrong but I really wish people would "fly under the radar" a little more than what many do.
    i too live in the lower mainland, and everytime there is a new deal with coupons, i ask the people in stores how many people have come through with coupons, they usually say 1 or 2

if you use coupons, and can acquire enough that you need to custom order stock etc etc,
    1. you may be a hoarder
    2. is it really worth the time it takes to collect all those coupons....what was that article, they figure out you could make more money then what you save by "extreme couponing" with a part time job, then to spend all those hours sitting looking for/trading for coupons etc etc..

the most ive used at one time is maybe 10 coupons, and that was the stackable dove coupons
    Last edited by mcon; Sat, Aug 3rd, 2013 at 06:39 PM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They could easily fix the hoarding issue by adding a few lines to their policy.

Examples:

• Only three like coupons may be redeemed per family per day.
    • Only three like products may be purchased using coupons per family per day.
    • If the coupon value exceeds the retail value of an item, the coupon value will be reduced to reflect the retail value of the item.

I blame Overwaitea management for not foreseeing this and adding such simple rules to their policy. I'm putting my bets in that they'll put an end to stacking before Christmas. I personally think they might have just done it for the slow summer months to keep their retail status.
    hijinx25 and thriftygranny like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ishyx0x View Post
    emm the one on scottdales mall beside target..

they suck !
    i had a big issue had had to get in contact with the headoffice..
    and i got a call saying it should be all cleared up ..
    and i am going there today .. so i hope it is..

actually the fist time i went .. they only had a copy of their old policy !
    with alll the restrictive wording !
    and the 2nd time i went in with the new policy and yet .. i was NOT alloweed to stack !
    stupid managers !

anyhow.. i hope it is cleared up . will wait and seee

That's crazy. I stack there all the time and I've never had any issue. Hope you have a better experience.

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    My perspective is different because I live in the lower Mainland where stores like Save-On and PriceSmart are swamped with couponers. Many are pre-ordering significant quantities. I am enjoying the return of stacking but since lots of folks are back to hoarding, and tear pads are now disappearing at the speed of light, I am not counting on it lasting. Hope I'm wrong but I really wish people would "fly under the radar" a little more than what many do.

I agree with you 100%. Back in October, when they stopped stacking, my friend, who is an accountant for Overwaitea food group, said that the corporation just wasn't prepared for the number of couponers (read hoarders) and the large volume of stock being wiped off of store shelves. They got in a bit over their heads.

I know a woman who would shop with STACKS of Olymel coupons and walk out of SOF with 100s of free boxes. Do you think her store was prepared for it at the time? And she lived in a little town. I bet she bought the entire towns' supply of Olymel. How do you explain that to the manufacturer? When you purchase 100 boxes, but have 500 coupons. They lost A LOT of money.

Now, with more preparation and I'm sure organization, they are better able to handle couponing and stacking, largely due to the fact that they can control and limit the amount of stock purchased. But my friend is still certain stacking will come to a crashing halt again. He's just waiting for the numbers at the end of this quarter.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I had trouble at the 152nd pricesmart Surrey yesterday. Last week they told me no P&G ok fair enough... I was stacking Glade at the time. Well yesterday they said no to coupons that say "cannot be combined with other offers"... so didn't want to take my Glade though they did "just this once' because the lady that said it was ok last week said it was ok but no more.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

152 PriceSmart is notorious for being problematic when it comes to stacking. I live less than five minutes drive from there and gave up trying to stack there a long time ago. They are compmetely inconsistent from one day to the next. King Geo Hwy location is much better.
    thriftygranny likes this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information