User Tag List

Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree4745Likes

Thread: August Frugal chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    thanks for taking the time to share your own experiences and opinion. Only the baby lives with them so I'm told??? And they both don't work as far as a I know I see them posting face book game requests and such. I still have stuff for them in the garage and I am torn about what to do, I would never keep the items for me as I am not like that but wonder if I should deliver them to them or just bring them to a thrift store for them so sell. I will talk to dh when he gets home and get his opinion. I'm just upset as I thought I was doing something great and in the end feel like I have been lied to and taken advantage of.
    If you decide not to deliver the remainder of the items, I would first try contacting a Women's shelter in your area or another organization that would give the items to someone in need rather than a thrift store that will sell them. Or you can try posting on kijiji and see if there is another family that you can help?

I'm so sorry you feel like you were taken advantage of. Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there that feel entitled to everything while they do little to earn it themselves

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Had a few surveys to do on Swagbucks today so was able to redeem for another $5 amazon card. I now had $40 to go towards DH's Christmas present...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

It is a hard thing when you are trying to help someone and it becomes you get taken advantage of. I would give them that is directly for the child. as far as the internet...... maybe they are tied into a contract they cannot get out of..... the rest.... I have no words. I had a leather couch- it was given to us for free ( and you could tell why lol. ) it was in rough shape. maybe it 'was' a gift ect. beifit of the doubt. but that will only carry it so far. I tend to do things for kids. as I said, I would give the stuff for the child. beyond that..... and know that you did , and are doing a good thing. focus on the positive.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

lighthousejen
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Anyone had bad moments with coupons?I feel my skills are going down.But I hope it came back like doing bicycle.
    Totally hear ya, Sometimes I think to myself why didn't I get in on that amazing deal? But trying to get back on track.

lighthousejen
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    thanks for taking the time to share your own experiences and opinion. Only the baby lives with them so I'm told??? And they both don't work as far as a I know I see them posting face book game requests and such. I still have stuff for them in the garage and I am torn about what to do, I would never keep the items for me as I am not like that but wonder if I should deliver them to them or just bring them to a thrift store for them so sell. I will talk to dh when he gets home and get his opinion. I'm just upset as I thought I was doing something great and in the end feel like I have been lied to and taken advantage of.
    Jasperandchar,

You did do something great! I have donated lots and some people seem greatful, where others not so much. I know it can be upsetting when you try to do something nice and your taken advantage of. But just remember at the end of the day, it's you that has the kind, honest heart and just wanted to help and you will be rewarded for it. At the very least you have inspired all of us to be kinder and more thoughful of other people (not that we weren't, lol but hey it's nice to be inspired).

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lighthousejen View Post
    Jasperandchar,

You did do something great! I have donated lots and some people seem greatful, where others not so much. I know it can be upsetting when you try to do something nice and your taken advantage of. But just remember at the end of the day, it's you that has the kind, honest heart and just wanted to help and you will be rewarded for it. At the very least you have inspired all of us to be kinder and more thoughful of other people (not that we weren't, lol but hey it's nice to be inspired).
    I totally agree.
    Don`t let one bad experience stop you from helping someone else in the future.
    You never know when you might run into someone who genuinely needs the help and will be most grateful for it.
    Keep up the good work
    Last edited by dreamcatcher1962; Wed, Aug 7th, 2013 at 05:38 PM.
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lighthousejen View Post
    Jasperandchar,

thanks for your very kind & honest words, I won't let 1 rotten apple ruin the batch as I will continue to donate but maybe through an organized venue.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher1962 View Post
    I totally agree.
    Don`t let one bad experience stop you from helping someone else in the future.
    You never know when you might run into someone who genuinely needs the help and will be most grateful for it.
    Keep up the good work
    so true you never know who you will meet or which path you will cross, thanks for your kindness.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I invited my brother over for deer stew and he requested dumpling.

Does anyone have a good dumpling recipe that they could share?
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I'm reading your posts as I speed along on Via Rail on my way with my brother to visit my OTHER brother's family in Kitchener. You only get WiFi on the Chatham to London run, as that is the part that's on the "Windsor to Montreal" corridor. In London, we have to switch trains to head up to Kitchener.

I like the train, but I always forget that I only have a restricted amount of stuff I can bring and they have a new "Baggage Policy" now - only 2 bags weighing 25lb. or less and a personal carry on.

I'm looking forward to going to the market in Waterloo either tomorrow or Sat. Also, I can go to "The Bay" and "Talize" besides getting together with my family - special hugs for nephews - and some friends I haven't seen in ages.

May not be a frugal 4 days - but db and I brought snacks and drinks on the train with us.

I married a lovely couple on the beach near Rondeau Provincial Park last night. It was lovely. They had built a "Labyrinth" which we walked through to perform the ceremony. I also go 3 calls about future weddings in the last 24 hours. I hope they all confirm. I LOVE my job! People with such unique circumstances! There were people there last night from New York (city), North Carolina, Guelph, Ont. and Kitchener, Ont. as well as Columbus Ohio and yet it was a very small gathering. Amazing how family tends to spread out! Luckily, we usually get a chance to catch up with them!

We went to visit my mil in the nursing home today before I left and she was quite excited that a "nice man" had taken her for a walk outside today. We've been asking if someone could do this on days when we can't get there. She really enjoys seeing the gardens and getting outside. The "man" was the assistant paster for the home. She said she felt like maybe she shouldn't go with him because someone might see them and "Get the wrong idea - he's MARRIED, you know!" It made me smile. We assured her that it was perfectly appropriate because it was his job to help the residents.

Well, gonna say, "adios" for now! Keep thinking frugal!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Question:
    Not knowing if it is because my bff have took the pc that the links and all the historic are gone or because I cleared the cookies(first time doing that) because the yop giveaway.Is that something that can have a link?That suck because I have all my favorites link adress gone
    jasperandchar likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All

Part of me is so happy it is Thursday but the other part of me is like urggggg cause I have to work this weekend. Not really sure what is up but I have been having a bit of trouble sleeping (but nothing serious, I have had insomnia before and this is not insomnia) and I wake up so tired. I have actually cut my hours back a bit at work as I cannot get up in the morning to be here as early as I normally am. Luckily I do not technically start until 8 but am usually here between 6 and 6:30 but this week has been 7. Thinking I might go out after work tomorrow and pick up some melatonine (sp?) I have been trying to put it off cause I do not like the idea of anything but since the long weekend did not help and in the next 3 weeks 2 of them I am working Saturday which means only 1 day a week off I may have to suck it up and try it.

Looking at the weekend still do not have finalized plans so not sure how the budget will fair. Still waiting on word of when my guy might get out, he has spoken with the doctor who has not done the paperwork to release him but at the same time they are not giving him any reasons that they are keeping him. Hoping he is out for the weekend but only time will tell.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Have been so good bringing my lunch to work that I have so much fun money in my wallet left after each pay period. Which is good since I will be needing to go on a shopping spree in the fall- I'm down 8.8 LBs and 9 3/4 inches since the end of June Hoping to pass on my size 12 pants to my mother in September for good!!
    That's amazing! Congratulations! That's a good reason to shop for new clothes.

I still have my pregnancy tummy but I was down 10 lbs after LO was born. I don't have scale at home so I'm watching and waiting for my baby bump to disappear before I weigh myself and find out how much more I have to go. Does anyone remember how long it takes the baby roundness to go away?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    What are some of the things you buy at Costco that you find cheaper than anywhere else? My list is starting to get smaller and smaller..
    Except for the paper cups my husband buys because they're not available anywhere else, I don't go into Costco as a rule. Mainly because I end up buying stuff that I don't need, in quantities that I don't need, which goes against the frugal kick I've been on since last year. Just like any grocery store, the basics occupy about 10% of the store's surface, and the rest is either junk or processed. Product placement and impulse buys are raised into an art form, but it's a strategy that works for them.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Question on my mind: Is that possible to be nice with nasty neigboors? In the upcoming year I plan a lots of things to be done and accomplish and dealing with those people who have no life and want to make mine miserable is not part of that...Like hidding a garbage bins,what mental age you are(she is 64 years old btw),I never seen that and to me is just energy wasted to repeat the same thing who is defenitelly not understand...kind of tired of this delema...lol
    She might be suffering from alzheimer's which makes people act oddly. One of my friends has her mother living with jer, who has alzheimers. My friend says that she never knows what state she'll find her house when she wakes up in the morning. Some days, all ther shoes are lined up in the living room, or the closet has been emptied and all the clothes are in the dining room.

Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information