User Tag List

Page 22 of 61 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree4745Likes

Thread: August Frugal chatter

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Frugal deal today:
    I got 3 Astro Yogurt Original Tubs in sale and Cappuccino at 2$ minus 3x 1,00$ coupon..I planning on getting more when they will restock,just need to reorganized the fridge and try the lime and caramel flavor too,+ natural that I dont enjoy but I found a recepie for frozen treats ,need to go to dollorama for the popsicle set.. expiry date is september 9 and yogurt is so expensive these days ...lol.......so 1$ instead of 4$ per tub is not free but still a deal lol
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Here the recepies and I will maybe froze yogurt for smooties too??
    http://astro.ca/recipes/the_astro_or...e#.UgQSlSi1Zy0
    great recepies in this site, + I want to make a dessert.I did not eat frozen yogurt and I enjoying those but the sale are not there this summer...
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Aug 8th, 2013 at 05:55 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

And IGA have hamburger helper and Betty Crocker Patatoes Sherif for 2 for 4$ get 1 bags of 5 lbs of carrots or oignons for free(retail 3$)...may get that too
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Aug 8th, 2013 at 08:28 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

By the way: It is the International Cats Day today !!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    What are some of the things you buy at Costco that you find cheaper than anywhere else? My list is starting to get smaller and smaller.

We used to buy roasts and pork loins there but I have been getting better deals at groceries stores when on sale.
    The Timothy's Keurig kcups are cheapest at Costco. I have compared prices and did calculations six ways from Sunday and cannot get them cheaper.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Haven't looked too much, will probably just grab a few things to get us through until next week for now.

I did see that No Frills has their bags of individually quick frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts on sale for $1.97 / lb. I will be picking up 4 bags as we really like these, they are similar to the ones at M&M's and 1/3 of the price
    How do you cook those chicken breasts? I bought a bag of them and they were terrible. Tasted like imitation chicken. I think I had defrosted them beforehand. Is that the wrong thing to do??

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Hi All, I am officially pissed off, I just saw that the guy in "project freshstart" responded to a post on a for sale site to purchase a turtle for $50.00 or best offer. I am no longer sitting on the fence, I will be donating the items to another charity - thinking the ladies shelter in town. I am really hurt especially with them telling me they had no $ to purchase a crib or anything else. SO it's official the gravy train has come to a complete hault. On a more positive note I have tidied up most of the house & am so anxious to see my dh, ds#1, ds#2 and Chester the puppy. Dh, Ds#2 and chester have been gone since Friday last week and I miss them all to pieces. I have to have a talk with my ds#2 about his turtle tank as there is a swarm of fruit flies on his tank and they are making there way throughout the house. I think the problem is he has been picking fresh berries for his turtle and putting the excess in his room to dry, so it looks like he will have to dry his fruit outside and put the berries in the freezer or mason jars for later use. It poured rain here last night and I was really really planning on getting back on staining the house but the window sills are still damp....so I think this may turn into an evening project if I am up to it but time will tell. This weekend dh has invited his friends that he went to college with to the cottage for the weekend, they sleep in tents and clean up after themselves so it shouldn't be much of a chore for us and dh has made this a yearly event with his CYW classmates - this will be year 4, man time flies. Hope everyone has a great day and evening.
    As hard as it is to be taken advantage of, I am glad you got the answer to whether you should continue to give to this couple. I am happy to read that you are still going to give to other charities and not allow this to discourage you from helping those honestly in need.

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Hi All, I am officially pissed off, I just saw that the guy in "project freshstart" responded to a post on a for sale site to purchase a turtle for $50.00 or best offer. I am no longer sitting on the fence, I will be donating the items to another charity - thinking the ladies shelter in town. I am really hurt especially with them telling me they had no $ to purchase a crib or anything else. SO it's official the gravy train has come to a complete hault. On a more positive note I have tidied up most of the house & am so anxious to see my dh, ds#1, ds#2 and Chester the puppy. Dh, Ds#2 and chester have been gone since Friday last week and I miss them all to pieces. I have to have a talk with my ds#2 about his turtle tank as there is a swarm of fruit flies on his tank and they are making there way throughout the house. I think the problem is he has been picking fresh berries for his turtle and putting the excess in his room to dry, so it looks like he will have to dry his fruit outside and put the berries in the freezer or mason jars for later use. It poured rain here last night and I was really really planning on getting back on staining the house but the window sills are still damp....so I think this may turn into an evening project if I am up to it but time will tell. This weekend dh has invited his friends that he went to college with to the cottage for the weekend, they sleep in tents and clean up after themselves so it shouldn't be much of a chore for us and dh has made this a yearly event with his CYW classmates - this will be year 4, man time flies. Hope everyone has a great day and evening.
    Nancy..your heart was in the right place...
    You are a very compassionate lady, and your heart went out to them because you believed them and there plight....
    Unfortunately you were deceived and that's horrible...
    But remember the family you help last Christmas and how much it meant to them that you help, and what a difference it made.
    Continue to help the less fortunate because you have a Giving heart and love to help.
    Don't let a bad apple change you or your desire to help .

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

For me with DS1 I gained 30 lbs. during the pregnancy and lost it all (plus more) within 2 weeks after giving birth. I have heard it can take people a lot longer though, everyone is different.
    It's now been two weeks after giving birth and there is no way I've lost more than 30 pounds. Holy shmoley! If I'm really lucky, I may have lost 10 and LO was 7 pounds of it. I still have that pregnancy shape though (sticking out in front and round). What is it in there, just empty space? Or have things shifted around in there?

Hi All, I am officially pissed off, I just saw that the guy in "project freshstart" responded to a post on a for sale site to purchase a turtle for $50.00 or best offer. I am no longer sitting on the fence, I will be donating the items to another charity - thinking the ladies shelter in town. I am really hurt especially with them telling me they had no $ to purchase a crib or anything else. SO it's official the gravy train has come to a complete hault.
    I felt like I learned that lesson really quick. In Toronto, you'd see many people asking to trade their subway token for the cash value. While working for various charities, I found out that the shelters hand out free tokens so the visitors could always get back to warmth, food, and necessities. If they were looking for money for something the shelter didn't provide, they would try to sell the tokens. Other times, I would get people asking me for money to buy food. If I offered them actual food, I'd be turned down.

DH was fooled as well in a mall parking lot. There's a lady that runs about at Georgian Mall in Barrie with the story that her car broke down on the highway to Toronto and she's trying to get there to see her daughter. Of course, she needs money for the bus. It was a really hot day and she looked agitated, stressed, and very sweaty from being in the sun. DH gave her money and she immediately went on to the next car she saw. A man came up to DH afterwards and told her not to give any more money. Over the last few days, she had mistakenly approached him twice on consecutive days with the same story.

Sure enough, DH saw her again afterwards and she told him the same story. He asked her how her car broke down two days in a row, making the same trip, because he gave her money yesterday. He also wondered how she made it to the mall if her car broke down on the highway, but held his tongue for that one. She turned and walked away very quickly without answering after he questioned her.

I know you do feel taken, but you were trying to help. What you offer people is in true kindness. What they choose to do with that gift (use it wisely or abuse it) is not your responsibility. I understand though. I also vowed to only help through responsible organizations that better know how their services can be put to the best use. Once, I remember working at a large food bank where they offered DH and I free range of their food, supplies, and services. Someone had donated bottles and bottles of laundry detergent and we were welcome to as much as we liked. We said no thank you to everything and soon after, DH said he saw one of the volunteers leaving with a huge cart load of detergent, leaving none for any patrons of the food bank. Shelf clearers exist everywhere!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

A lot of people are out to get anything they can get for nothing and there are a lot of people out there that honestly believe it is owed to them for some reason or another. It is sad to say but I know a lot of adults who are not self sufficient including my uncle (on my mom's side) who has been texting my mom for days now asking for $3000 and last night his wife started as well she is telling mom not to give him the money but mom seems to be taking it differently (not getting involved).

My uncle was never forced to stand on his own to feet he would call my Nanny and she would always give in (he knew how to play her) and now that she is gone she he has turned to mom. They both got the same amount of money (everything was split down the middle between the two of money wise, everyone else in the family was given items and to be honest I this will sound bad but I was surprised nothing was said as I was given her rings and my uncle has always made comments that I got things his step kids did not, which ever step kids it was at the time he is on marriage number 4 and all of them have had kids, he has 2 kids but only speaks to 1 after he came to my uncle when he was teen). My uncle has always has to have the best and top of the line needless to say before all of the money was even given to them he had to spent. A new truck (top of the line all the bells and whistles with a price tag that made my stomach go into knots even though I was not paying for it) and a top of the line horse trailer (his wife barrel races and even she said they did not need this trailer as they do not travel enough to need a trailer like this, again with a price tag that make my stomach go into knots even though I am not paying for it) plus various other "needs" and he is now officially out of money and oh yes shocker he is not working again. My Uncle cannot stay with a job but he is the type where it is never his fault someone was mean or did something he did not like and he had no choice but to leave and Nanny always bought it. Or better yet I have seen him leave a job because it was snow mobile season and his job was cutting into his snow mobile time (again nanny bought it he was so hard done by). Even when Nanny was in the hospital terminal we knew the end was close he was still calling and asking for money.

So needless to say in his 50s he still cannot take care of him and is now mad at my mom as he cannot make his truck payment and they don't have rent money. I suggested she send him the web address for Kijiji he must have something he can sell off. Only time will tell where this will go but mom is standing firm which I totally agree with and as she pointed out last night to them why should she go without so he can have and also he is married mom is not so they should have two incomes coming in where is she is not and only has her income and me paying pre agreed upon bills but my income is mine.

Sorry for my little rant but as much as I knew the day would come he would be bugging her it really bugs me because he is now making mom feel like the bad one.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all. I suspect it will be a busy , busy day I in my house. I was hoping to go to the drive in this weekend, but I am not fond of the movies. so I think we will go another day. maybe we will go to the beach or something on sunday. that would be lovely. I am doing a mini OAMC session this weekend. I am hoping that will help with the craziness. it should. hugs to all. may today be frugal
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning Ladies, has anyone had a chance to look at the flyers starting today/tomorrow? Anything that you are stocking up on or purchasing at a reasonable price & feel like sharing?
    I need to replenish my supply of TP. Walmart made a mistake on their flyer, and I'm wondering if I can take advantage. The Cashmere is on sale for 7.97, but the description says 24 DB, while the picture shows 30. Wonder which one is right.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

According to the website the 24 Double Rolls is the correct one, the picture is incorrect.

Does anyone find more and more there are more and more and more correction notices and from more and more stores. I always knew Shoppers was bad but some others seem to be catching up Zehrs is another big one lately.

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    I need to replenish my supply of TP. Walmart made a mistake on their flyer, and I'm wondering if I can take advantage. The Cashmere is on sale for 7.97, but the description says 24 DB, while the picture shows 30. Wonder which one is right.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    How do you cook those chicken breasts? I bought a bag of them and they were terrible. Tasted like imitation chicken. I think I had defrosted them beforehand. Is that the wrong thing to do??
    DH usually cooks them on the bbq from frozen. We've also used them in stir frys. Never had a problem with them.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!! Hope to get a few things done around the house from my growing list on the fridge. And have a little fun too! Will pull a few things from my mom's freezer where I'm storing my extra stuff to use up this weekend. Need veggies and fruit and I think that's it so will be a cheap/quick shopping trip. Will make the kids a big breakfast tomorrow and will use up the breakfast sausage I bought awhile ago for DS so I can get it out of my freezer. Tonight for dinner we are having BBQ chicken (sausage on a bun for those that don't want chicken) with ceaser salad and perogies. Have everything on hand so no last minute shopping!

Page 22 of 61 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information