Like Tree4190Likes

Thread: The Shoebox Package train- Over - expired

Frugal is not being cheap cherielake's Avatar
    Trading Score
    397 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen2007 View Post
    hey buddy your second package is on route to you
    Can't like this more then once so posting here (Like x 100) LOL

So.. I think now everyone has gotten their package? Or have I missed someone?
    PammieD likes this.

Looking for some cute or fun handmade gifts? Check out my facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/bowtique.ccs

Trading Score
    397 (100%)

Briwantstosave left feedback, but did she post her package? am I really that blind LOL?

Bri sweetie could you let me know if you got your package, pretty please and thank you

After this, I think the only people that need to leave feedback is Julesie-pie, and shawlightning

Then this train is done! WOOHOO!

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

man I will NEVER send anything threw UPS - they suck

when I spoke with them they said I could pay the brokerage fees by ANY method of payment so of course I usually don't carry stuff on me as I work downtown so my mom gave me a $20 - get to UPS with only a minute left of them being open to find out there is a HUGE and I mean HUGE sign right when you walk in saying NO CASH ACCEPTED, I was so pissed!!!!!!!! until the nice guy came out from the back and I explained the situation and he offered to pay for it on his debit and he would take the cash off me - THANK YOU to this man!!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by cherielake View Post
    Briwantstosave left feedback, but did she post her package? am I really that blind LOL?

Bri sweetie could you let me know if you got your package, pretty please and thank you

After this, I think the only people that need to leave feedback is Julesie-pie, and shawlightning

Then this train is done! WOOHOO!
    Trying to leave feedback now but I can't seem to get pass this page! My home internet seems to hate SC! If I cant get on today then will definitely do so from my parents tomorrow evening!

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Peachykeen2007 and cherielake like this.
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Its a miracle, a long painful one, but I was able to leave feedback.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk 2
    Peachykeen2007 and cherielake like this.
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    158 (100%)

Yes Bri posted her package on mon I believe.
    cherielake likes this.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

here it is cherie

I think the only one who hasn't posted is super807....

Quote Originally Posted by Briwantstosave View Post
    I got my awesome package from cowgirlmama04!!!!!!!!

I got

Starbucks k cups
    5 nail polish
    3 nail art pens
    A really pretty earring and necklace set (it broke but I'm going to try to fix it)
    A pretty scarf
    Bared to you novel
    2 fruit and nut bars
    Gourmet jelly beans
    2 bags of chocolate chips
    Reckon just bitten balm
    EOS lip balm!

Super excited! I am soil spoiled! Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    cherielake likes this.

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Trinimoneysaver View Post
    Hello. Haven't been on for a couple of days. Disappointed that with everything going on with me right now I received a NEUTRAL rating. Everyday I logged on here for a few minutes explaining what was going on and WHY I mailed late. Mail day I was not even HOME and explained that. I understand rules are rules but my package got to my buddy around the same time as everyone elses. Sorry, I didn't plan for my cousin to be on life support during this train. Don't think I will be riding any more package trains then. SMH.
    Quote Originally Posted by coyote00 View Post
    I am absolutely in shock over some of the neutral ratings! I understand that perhaps mine doesn't seem valid even though I was trying to basically save someones life and mailed a day late . Like I said whatever, doesnt really get my knickers in a knot just freaked me out a little.

What does grind my gears is that the two other riders both were dealng wth the critically ill or a loss. I find a neutral rating in this instances heartless. I know Cherie that you have been instructed to leave these ratings so if anything I feel sorry for you to be forced into such a position. You held a wonderful train and it was greatly appreciated.

This will be the last package train that I will ride on as I feel a great unfairness has been brought upon to lovely riders who needed our support in a time of need.

That s my two cents worth and I will leave it at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluzsuz View Post
    I hear you Coyote, we work hard to keep a good rating and to have it blown to bits is disheartening. I guess we just have to be the bigger people here and chalk it up to 'real life' having to come first. I am still pretty numb for the loss of little Willow so I really don't care at this point but at the same time disappointed that all my other 400 + ratings were good and I know I have always sent out good packages. Oh well.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 4
    Thanks coyote, I feel like the total bad guy, and I'm super sorry. I did leave everyone positives ( and will do so once the rest of the packages are done/ posted)

I do t think I'll be hosting another package rein. It so stressful. I'm sorry I disappointed you guys. Guess I'll just go.. Please don't hate me
    Quote Originally Posted by bluzsuz View Post
    I don't hate anyone over this, I read the rules and agreed to them at the start of the train and I do understand why I got a neutral.... But like I said real life has to come first. I don't want people to think I am a bad SCer that's all.

Now that I am on my laptop (can't access ratings on Tapatalk) I would like to thank Cherie for her comment on my Neutral rating - when people read it they will understand.
    I'm never one to bite my tongue. Its something people tell me I should work on and I am trying. However, I really believe something needs to be said (and I fully understand that my opinion might not matter to some).

Cherie, I'm sad that you were instructed to leave neutrals. I don't believe the 3 riders deserved them. And, before anyone starts with "they are my friends...blah, blah, blah" - I don't know Trini at all. I don't talk with her on SC. We are not FB friends. Nodda. Bluz & Coyote are my friends.

We all read the rules. We all understood them. But, "REAL LIFE" has a funny way of not following rules.

Cherie, I appreciate that you put positive comments beside the neutrals.

Fallen, I know you are the mod and the final decision is yours. In my opinion, I think you made the wrong choice here. And, I know there isn't anything I can do to change it.

I'm with Coyote on this one. Package trains are no longer for me.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin9211 View Post
    To whomever is Bluz's buddy - I hope you can understand why your package is late. I too, am a mama to fur babies and if this was my fur baby, my package would have been late too. In my opinion, I don't think a negative is the right decision. Maybe a neutral.

Again, this is just my opinion. And, whomever you are... my feelings towards you will not change based on the feedback you give.
    For the record, I never told cherie she had to leave neutrals, but when we relaxed the rules for package trains it was on the understanding that we would leave feedback based on those. I did recommend neutrals based on the fact that they were left for those who missed post counts and to me sending late, regardless of reason, is worse than that so why should they get neutrals and then ppl who send late not? The people from last month would then complain about theirs.

In the last train, several people mentioned that cheribomb should not have been able to ride because she had issues on a previous train, well guess what, no one knew that because there was no neutral. I am not saying that I expect any of these three to do it again, but others in the future will use this as an example of why it is unfair that they get them when they mail late and blame it on a family emergency that we have no way of verifying.

I also made the decision after reading the post above, where it seemed like people understood why they would get neutrals
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

I have to interject in defense of the neutrals....a neutral rating is just that...neutral. it's not a BAD thing. It's just notating that something came up. Everyone agrees that a rule is broken, but no negatives were given....because life happens and what people have gone through on this train that are unforeseen and horrible.

However...as someone that had to pull together 2 replacement packages last minute on the last train, I think it's incredibly important to have some sort of indication as a conductor of whether or not something has occurred in the past, and if so....what was the circumstance? Julesie, Slam and I did a scramble for 2 packages last time because a rider was approved for the train, who we found out later had mailed late and not given a tracking number in her previous package train. The reason she had given was a very serious health issue. This time it was something else. Had we seen the neutral rating though, when she stopped responding to our messages, perhaps we wouldn't have had our hopes up that he packages would actually show, and we would have shopped over more than one day. Who knows how it all would have played out...but at the end of the day, there had been an issue in the past, and I was incredibly unimpressed that Slam and I didn't have a heads up that there was a chance this rider wasn't reliable.

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    For the record, I never told cherie she had to leave neutrals, but when we relaxed the rules for package trains it was on the understanding that we would leave feedback based on those. I did recommend neutrals based on the fact that they were left for those who missed post counts and to me sending late, regardless of reason, is worse than that so why should they get neutrals and then ppl who send late not? The people from last month would then complain about theirs.

In the last train, several people mentioned that cheribomb should not have been able to ride because she had issues on a previous train, well guess what, no one knew that because there was no neutral. I am not saying that I expect any of these three to do it again, but others in the future will use this as an example of why it is unfair that they get them when they mail late and blame it on a family emergency that we have no way of verifying.

I also made the decision after reading the post above, where it seemed like people understood why they would get neutrals
    Thanks for quoting my above post- I couldn't find it. I would have included it too because I wanted to point out that I could appreciate the fact that it could be irritating to wait for your pkg to arrive.

Irritating. Not life changing.

My above post that you quoted was done in a polite (maybe even political) way. I didn't want anyone to feel that I was bullying Bluz's buddy into giving a positive rating. I wanted them to think of the reason behind it.

If I could turn back the clock, I would have posted my true feelings on the matter. That if a rating other than positive was left - it would be the wrong choice. Because that is really how I feel about it. In fact, I think Bluz should get a hero cookie (along with Trini) for following through with their commitment to send their pkg during these very painful, personal and draining times.

I don't know if I could have.

My personal feelings towards Cherie have not changed. My personal feelings towards package trains have.

I didn't know about Cheribomb having issues on a past pkg train. I thought her issues were all from missing/late trades and VWT. It really doesn't matter. A learning curve for all of us.

I knew we were not going to agree on this Fallen. And that's okay. I think your job as a mod must be stressful and it is one I don't want. For the most part- I think you do a fantastic job. This is one case where I disagree with your decision.

I'm a big girl. I know the world doesn't revolve around me. I know that I can't be pleased with decisions 100% of the time.

Good luck with the future package trains - some of the new ideas sound like a blast.
    Peachykeen2007 and bluzsuz like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    I have to interject in defense of the neutrals....a neutral rating is just that...neutral. it's not a BAD thing. It's just notating that something came up. Everyone agrees that a rule is broken, but no negatives were given....because life happens and what people have gone through on this train that are unforeseen and horrible.

However...as someone that had to pull together 2 replacement packages last minute on the last train, I think it's incredibly important to have some sort of indication as a conductor of whether or not something has occurred in the past, and if so....what was the circumstance? Julesie, Slam and I did a scramble for 2 packages last time because a rider was approved for the train, who we found out later had mailed late and not given a tracking number in her previous package train. The reason she had given was a very serious health issue. This time it was something else. Had we seen the neutral rating though, when she stopped responding to our messages, perhaps we wouldn't have had our hopes up that he packages would actually show, and we would have shopped over more than one day. Who knows how it all would have played out...but at the end of the day, there had been an issue in the past, and I was incredibly unimpressed that Slam and I didn't have a heads up that there was a chance this rider wasn't reliable.
    I'm also going to chime in, and understand that I love Bluz like a sister and my heart is absolutely broken for her. The neutrals are really not a bad thing. I was given a neutral on a coupon train when the rider behind me stole the train, the one I was on was the first one she stole so we both got neutrals, but then she stole a whole bunch more and it was more than obvious where the problem was. I was not ever blocked from a trade or train because of the rating. In this case the rating is so that future conductors have a way to know that there has been something happen in the past so they know there may be a problem this time. If Pam and I had known that about Cheribomb we could have had some time to prepare.

Package trains were almost lost in the past because of everyone being unhappy and the only way to try and protect everyone is to have rules. The rules need to be followed in every instance or it will all blow up again. I hope everyone who has said they won't ride again will reconsider and understand where Fallen Pixels is coming from on this. As you all know it wasn't done to be mean or heartless but if an exception is made for one when would that stop and for what situations would exceptions be made or not be made? Who would be in charge of making those decisions and would everyone be happy with the decisions made? I can guarantee you someone would get a free pass and everyone would be unhappy about it. With one set of rules being followed on every train all of the speculation is gone. There is my two cents. I hope I haven't offended anyone, this is how I feel about this.

Trading Score
    397 (100%)

here it is cherie

I think the only one who hasn't posted is super807....
    Thanks peachy!!

Trading Score
    397 (100%)

man I will NEVER send anything threw UPS - they suck

when I spoke with them they said I could pay the brokerage fees by ANY method of payment so of course I usually don't carry stuff on me as I work downtown so my mom gave me a $20 - get to UPS with only a minute left of them being open to find out there is a HUGE and I mean HUGE sign right when you walk in saying NO CASH ACCEPTED, I was so pissed!!!!!!!! until the nice guy came out from the back and I explained the situation and he offered to pay for it on his debit and he would take the cash off me - THANK YOU to this man!!!
    Wow what a headache
    PammieD and pumpkin9211 like this.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Wow what a headache
    Agreed - It's ao annoying how some places take ONLY plastic, and others ONLY cash. No "easy" guaranteed solution anymore.

Page 76 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast

Thread Information