User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MillieH

Thread: EI question: i was treated very bad at 200 town center court service canada

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

does anybody know some general information about EI calculation? i have total 1453 hrs of insurable hours with $22,011.35 insurable earnings , i only received 4 months of payment and then received a notice about my last payment for July.

Call EI , can't get through at all. Went in person to the one in town center court in Scarborough, the lady(black face with mean tone of voice) gave me the worst attitude like if i was begging her for money, told me to call number, i said i can't get through that's why i was there, she went, "call the processing number, we don't do calculation here"! when i handed her my notice of statement, she didn't even glance at it at all, not intend to help at all. what did i do to be treated like this? doesn't she know she's lucky to have a job, i'm sure a lot of ppl are very happy to take her place and do a much better job than her.

i was being very polite with her, i hate myself for not having the guts to tell her that she is very rude.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by excellent; Fri, Aug 2nd, 2013 at 01:10 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Make sure you complain in writing for this behaviour of the staff.

Also found the article below to be a bit amusing.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...article542838/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    267 (100%)

Honestly, we just went through this with EI (trying to reach them via phone) We figured out a system. If you call and get the "Can't be transferred" message, hang up, and call right back. Takes about 10-15 minutes of calling repeatedly before you finally get transferred and put in que. But Thats how we did it... We've never had any luck with the service people up town. However, we did have excellent service just this last time. My dh was waiting for his first EI check, which should have been a re-activation of his last claim (He was off for 4 months, went back to work for 3, then off again) anyways, he called and finally got thru. They rushed his payment since he was leaving the province to go back to work shortly. So it was a pleasent time with EI this time around. Best of luck! Hopefully the repeat calling back to back will help you as it does us everytime we've ever called.
    Click here to view my Wishlist & Tradelist!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I go on ei every summer. You get 22 weeks of ei max. Hope that helps
    And just keep calling...I do it every summer
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I have been on EI a few times - I have close to 1450 hours and I got 4.5 months roughly. Its based on the region of Canada you live, the employment rate and the hours. Another time I had over 1800 hours and got 6 months. So you can either appeal but that sounds about right for the amount of hours you worked. There is another forum on the web and some in the careers sections works for EI and you can ask there. Plus you living in the greater toronto area employment rate is low so more jobs places with high employment rate get more weeks. So you have under 1450, rate of unemployment is 7 so about 20-25 weeks - so about 4.5 month. Max of EI is 52 weeks but you have to work over 3-4 years for that

this is the rates
    http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/e...html#calculate
    Last edited by anastasia1009; Mon, Aug 5th, 2013 at 03:23 PM.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

You didnt do anything to be treated like that... it seems they treat most that way.. The doctor put my sister off on sick leave. She kept contacting her 'worker' and the girl kept telling her she had everything submitted she needed to. However, her benefits weren't coming. Finally she went to see a supervisor. The supervisor lit a fire under the 'worker' Finally my sister has to go back in again and the guy who was helping her said she wasn't qualified because she didn't do everything she was supposed to do. My sister said she just pulled out her notebook and showed him all the contact dates and when she had done everything.. He looked again and said she was qualified. She got all the money in one lump sum. Its crazy how they run peeps around when they need help the most and are entitled to it. Don't give up until you find out what your rights are.
    Abby5 likes this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Thread Information