• 1 Post By mcon
  • 1 Post By vesper
  • 5 Post By EricsMom
  • 1 Post By dariusz8

Thread: a##hole neighbors landlord

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

so...to make a longer rant short here it is...

my neighboring property,
    1. the landlord raised the land about 3 feet (illegal), then paved it all, but now all their water runs onto our property (illegal), also because they raised it, now the downspout is above ground, and they made a little ramp to push all the water to our property- so thats even more water when it rains
    2. dead tree leaning over our property above house

so we do some phone tag with bylaw officers and their supervisors , first they lie about what the bylaws are, so we had to print them out and read them to them over the phone, so THEN the bylaw people agree to it, make landlord cut down dead tree (useless bylaw officers ignore the water drainage issue.)

that was all 1-2 weeks ago
    so.......now today my neighbors landlord is a prick and chopping ALL the trees down, not just the dead one

and he is doing it on purpose because we reported him.
    all the trees are tall and cover our view from our deck, now thats hes chopping them all down, he is forcing us to look at his shack of a house next door...ruining our view

so now because the trees are all on his property he IS allowed to do it.

we have to go buy our own trees and plant them on our side now to cover our deck/privacy again...

neighbors landlord...what a prick.

rant over.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Indeed. A really stupid prick. He just chopped some value from his own place to.

I'd insist the city address the drainage issue. This is something that can really screw up your house over years isn't it? If you can't get the lazy bylaw officer to address it, it's even worth paying a lawyer to do it for you.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

to make a short rant longer now heres what happened.
    to clear it up a little, they paved maybe 3 years ago, but made a dirt berm, which worked until it washed away and then they did nothing to fix it.
    so the bylaw woman was rude "why it take so long??? you dont like them now or something?!"

we call bylaw officers, and get a woman for the case, she is rude insisting we have a grudge against the landlord
    (the neighbors, the tenants, also called because of leaking roof and mold)

so she was rude speaking to my dad (yes i live at home, young and couponing), now she tried to say to my dad that there was no grade issue with the driveway, that water isnt draining on our property
    my dad have been a grade man/surveyor all his life, he knows theres a grade issue, and you can visually see it.

so that got my dad mad at this , whatever

so the woman (pauline i think) says "case closed no problems" didnt even adress the dead tree

so my grandfather (who still technically owns our property) calls a city engineer to look at the driveway
    he says its a civil issue(need to take them to court), no bylaws broken (you can read the bylaws online, its against it)
    so he lied also

mom calls fire deparment asking about dead tree (fire hazard), they give her the bylaw officers branch supervisor number, she phone, he says he will look into it
    week goes by nothing, she phones again, she gets an even higher supervisor involved, explains that Pauline our bylaw officer was super rude,

and he put pauline back on the case!! like that will work

so eventually she comes out with a print out of googlemaps, says "i cant tell if the tree is on their property" while shes looking at the tops of the trees from google maps, of course she cant see where the trunks are....derp derp

says we need to get a BC certified surveyor to do the property lines. so my dad gets his friend who is one, yep its on their property......

then this tree cutting happens today

also it turns out this pauline, used to work for the city of langley , was the first person "laid off" in over 70 years or something,, clearly incompetent at her job....just rude to people

SO now i know why people hate the government, not only do they waste tax payers money on useless projects, they also are useless at actually following their own laws.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

my grandfather is pursuing the driveway issue, he donates a lot of money, so hes sort of well known in city circles., someone will listen to him.
    GoddessDigi and vesper like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

NEW update for anyone who is actually still caring/reading

neighbors came home to see that a the landlord mangled all the trees, the guys cutting the trees almost hit her $50000 harley, she phones the landlord, he said he was out of town and hung up on her

they hinted they will move out after the month because the roof is useless, not just a wet spot but actual water comes and pours in.

now, heres the question, should i make it my business to warn people who come look at the house to rent, or should i keep all this to myself, and let this landlord from hell ruin them too?
    GoddessDigi likes this.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

$50000 Harley? WOW!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If the landlord is not around... tellthem. If he is, don't unless they ask. But I suspect he'll be getting a visit soon from the city and will be found to be in violations of a lot of codes.
    matrix82 likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mcon View Post
    ...also it turns out this pauline, used to work for the city of langley , was the first person "laid off" in over 70 years or something,, clearly incompetent at her job....just rude to people. SO now i know why people hate the government, not only do they waste tax payers money on useless projects, they also are useless at actually following their own laws.

I just want to caution you to be very careful what you type/share in public forums. You have given the bylaw officers name (Pauline), former employer (City of Langley) and that she is now a bylaw officer, I assume in Langley. If this info got back to her she could come after you legally.

I totally understand your frustration with the situation, just don't name names, KWIM?
    matrix82, CrazyQT, DaveP and 2 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

KWIM??

she cant come after me legally, as ive said nothing untrue, does not fall under slander
    or defamation of character because it it relevant to what im saying about her...

so i would like to see her try to do anything...
    Last edited by mcon; Fri, Aug 2nd, 2013 at 07:53 PM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

but of course thats from court cases with family members taking people to court....also judge judy..

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

People can go after anyone these days for almost any reason it seems :| I remember once on another forum some1 complained about how they were treated at food basics, well turned out there was more to the story then the op posted and food basics head office was looking to pursue legal action against the person :| One nowadays has to be careful of what they say or do.... Approaching landlords potential tenants is not wise in my opinion..... could turn around to bite you... Landlord could go after your family for harassing them and potentially for loss of earnings..... Obviously, potential tenants come to look at the place before agreeing and will notice problems if they are as bad as you say they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by EricsMom View Post
    I just want to caution you to be very careful what you type/share in public forums. You have given the bylaw officers name (Pauline), former employer (City of Langley) and that she is now a bylaw officer, I assume in Langley. If this info got back to her she could come after you legally.

I totally understand your frustration with the situation, just don't name names, KWIM?

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mcon View Post
    but of course thats from court cases with family members taking people to court....also judge judy..
    Canada and the states have different laws when it comes to things... so I wouldn't rely on judge judy
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i feel your pain about the trees... when we bought our condo there was a row of trees that separated the apartment building next store, you could see the building but there was some separation.. first 1 tree was shaking really bad and leaning had to be chopped down then.. for some reason they said screw it and cut down the other two..(these were beautiful tall trees that went up past the third floor) now i'm stuck looking out my window and instead of seeing trees.. i see ratty apartment patios (1 person uses it for storage.. another has plastic blocking it off what reflects into our suite and is blinding every time the sun goes down (imagine someone reflecting tinfoil into your livingroom)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Thread Information