User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Did anyone visit the Toronto Premium Outlets yet? Was it worth going?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey everyone. I'm thinking about hitting up the TPO this weekend but I'd love to hear some reviews first. I'm assuming it's going to be PACKED and I don't really want to deal with traffic and all that nonsense if it's not worth going. I think someone on here mentioned that the deals are not as amazing as the US but I can't seem to find that post anywhere so perhaps it' all in my head. Ideally, I'd like to visit when the whole craze has died down because I hate overly crowded areas (esp. shopping malls/complexes) but I'd make the trip if there were some amazing introductory deals. Thank you!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I may go this weekend as famous footwear sent me a spend 10.00 get 10.00 off coupon. Just not sure I am ready for the craziness
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

Never heard of this? Details please....

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I went on thursday thinking it might not be so busy with it being the middle of the week.

WRONG!!!

holy smokes, there were so many people, that they had turned the adjoining empty parcels of land into impromptu parking lots, and this was still happening at 3pm when we arrived. i can't imagine what it must have been like in the morning. there were police doing traffic control. no hired security people to do the parking control, so i am assuming they were caught off guard at the outlets.

there were lots of people, but very few shopping bags in hand. the discounts were nothing special, just the typical middle of the road discounts that we are seeing in the malls right now for these same stores. a few stores had long lineups, but most stores had no lineups. again, the stores that had long lineups didn't seem to be selling much anyways.

the only really good deal i got was at Columbia. I got a $69 backpack for my daughter for Jr. High. it was reduced to $45, and ALL backpacks were a further 50% off. I was really happy about that.

of course, we had to visit the Lindt store, and so that made the kids happy Lindt had the typical discounts you find at their other warehouse store.

I think the outlets would be worth visiting again in Sept, when hopefully the discounts are a little better
    Last edited by anisa; Sat, Aug 3rd, 2013 at 11:41 AM. Reason: spelling and grammar
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I may go this weekend as famous footwear sent me a spend 10.00 get 10.00 off coupon. Just not sure I am ready for the craziness
    Famous Footwear had token discounts on their shoes. I would wait a bit before buying anything there just yet
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

"Originally Posted by HeatherWake
    Never heard of this? Details please...."

Premium outlets opened up their first Canada location.

It is in Halton Hills. 401 / Trafalgar.

They are calling it the Toronto outlets when it is 2 regions away from TO
    Last edited by anisa; Sat, Aug 3rd, 2013 at 11:45 AM.
    GoJays and lilo0003 like this.
    R

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    Famous Footwear had token discounts on their shoes. I would wait a bit before buying anything there just yet
    I was thinking of just spending the $ on socks and getting free socks is always a good thing with boys. In the US they have their bogo on and we did this last year for the back to school shoes. Paid less for two pairs of what the boys wanted than 1 pair would cost at West 49, but I have no cross border shopping planned. I may just go late today as they are open on Saturday night I since I am in Oakville it is a quick trip. Thanks for the warning on the craziness though I was planning to go after lunch.
    anisa likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Global News ran this story on the price comparisons, there is an ad at the start ( pro Crest Health) that you cannot skip past, grrr!)

http://globalnews.ca/news/760098/com...ffalo-outlets/
    anisa and Baggravation like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the updates! I don't think I'm going to make a trip anytime soon. It's not close to where I live anyways LOL I thought there would be some amazing deals just like the ones at the premium outlets in the States but clearly that is not the case. @anisa - I was thinking about going in the middle of the week, as well. I thought everyone would be at work and no one would be at the mall ahah. I'm going to wait until this whole craze dies down a bit
    walkonby likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Global News ran this story on the price comparisons, there is an ad at the start ( pro Crest Health) that you cannot skip past, grrr!)

http://globalnews.ca/news/760098/com...ffalo-outlets/
    Just watched this. I'm not surprised :/ Thanks for sharing!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am not surprised, I figured it would be more expensive, always is
    Selection is probably not as good as in Buffalo, but it is much closer
    I will personally keep going cross border, fortunately I work about 5 minutes from these outlets so I will definitely keep an eye out for sales there as well

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

A friend went this weekend and loved it,but she loves to shop. Another friend works there and said it was a mad house. I think I will let my 10.00 off coupon expire cause as my soon to be teen says ain't nobody got time for that
    anisa and torontogal12 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Staying away until October. Then avoiding again in Nov/Dec for Xmas, as I don't want to get run over.
    Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post

holy smokes, there were so many people, that they had turned the adjoining empty parcels of land into impromptu parking lots, and this was still happening at 3pm when we arrived. i can't imagine what it must have been like in the morning. there were police doing traffic control. no hired security people to do the parking control, so i am assuming they were caught off guard at the outlets.
    anisa, GoJays and lilo0003 like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I drove by there on my way to Heartland Town Centre this morning around 10:30 and the parking lot was full, even though it doesn't open untill 11. Then on my way back home around 1:30 I stupidly thought I could pop in there and feed/change dd and it took me 20 mins just to get from the exit ramp onto Trafalger and the parking lot and fields were packed.
    I'm going to try to make it there during the week close to opening time to check it out.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nice place but found the price is typical Canadian price, not the price people enjoy at Sates.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information