User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Shoppers Drug Mart's New Coupon Policy??????

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  shoppers.jpg
Views: 1104
Size:  46.3 KB

We all know that Shopper's Drug Mart occasionally has a limit on certain items (usually on sale) since they are not nearly large enough to have an extensive inventory. I am perfectly fine with setting a limit, but my store here in St.John's, NL has taken it just a tad too far.

They have not limited the quantity at all, instead they are limiting the number of coupons for same items to four total per person, per day.

Seems a little sketchy to me. I am still entitled to purchase as many as I would like, but am only entitled to use four coupons.

Has anyone else come across this at all?

Like I said, limiting everybody the same is fair, but to punish people who take the time to find, cut out, or print coupons is nuts.

An assistant manager once told me that they set limits to ensure all customers have an opportunity to purchase a particular item. That makes perfect sense. Why didn't the new sign simply read "limit of 4" on the item in question. That would have treated each of us (couponers and non-couponers) the same.

I called Shoppers toll free number and gave her the info. She said that limits are at the discretion of the store managers, but she has never heard of a store limited coupons in that manner.

It doesn't make sense at all to me.

Please Help!

The store in question is Topsail Road, St.John's, Newfoundland.

Thanks in advance!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

sounds like discrimination to me!!!!!!

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

I honestly wish they would do this at my shoppers, would stop the shelf clearers
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I get limiting items. But this makes no sense?!
    My SDM limits items because convienient store owners come in and buy a ton of cheap pop, milk, eggs etc. and leave none for normal shoppers.

I don't get limiting coupons?? They get their money back!
    JodyCorey likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

At my Shoppers they decided that per purchase means per transaction, so I can only use 1 like coupon. So 4 would actually be nice!
    Natalka and JodyCorey like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

some SDMs are more coupon friendly than others. when I have a big shop I go to the Shoppers that is a little further than me as they don't blink an eye about cpns whereas another location wont accept ones over the sale price etc. sorry you had trouble.
    JodyCorey likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    At my Shoppers they decided that per purchase means per transaction, so I can only use 1 like coupon. So 4 would actually be nice!
    Same at ours! Sometimes that means multiple trips during the week.
    Last edited by Natalka; Tue, Jul 23rd, 2013 at 02:32 PM.
    luckbealady likes this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

One of the Walmarts near me limit to 6 of the same coupon.. but you can leave the store and go back in if you want.. I think they should do a limit of 4 per person.. it does sound like discrimination otherwise. Check out SDM facebook page and post your problem there.. They are usually very helpful there.. just post during the day not in the evening..

One of the SDMs near me set a limit because of "Asians come in to buy for their stores and clear the shelves" I don't know if thats a fact or the night cashier's perception.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    One of the canadian tires near me does this.. so if you have 10 items you have to do 10 transactions.. another one near me only takes "shiny coupons"
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This new "policy" doesn't limit the amount you can purchase, just the amount of coupons. It's puzzling - they often have a limit on several items, so why this new change? It's different this time because they would have had the same result if they had just stuck with a limit of 4. This way, it's almost as if they are posting negatively about couponing as a way to deter people from doing it. Here in Newfoundland, couponing is a rather new thing to the mainstream and it is just beginning to be more widely acceptable. Now, by posting this new policy, it's almost implying that couponing is wrong or they somehow they will not get reimbursed. The vast majority of couponers (at least here anyway) can't accumulate more than 2 of a given coupon anyway unless they are tearpads. The coupon inserts from Smartsource, P&G, and Redplum are spiratic at best.
    MillieH likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by web3 View Post
    I get limiting items. But this makes no sense?!
    My SDM limits items because convienient store owners come in and buy a ton of cheap pop, milk, eggs etc. and leave none for normal shoppers.

I don't get limiting coupons?? They get their money back!
    Plus a handling fee So it makes no sense. If you're going to limit, limit the quantities, not the coupons, that just implies taking coupons is not what you actually want to do. Sorry for trying to stretch my money a little further by using coupons, I find it just a tad frustrating.
    Poirot and MillieH like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They ultimately get the same result by putting a limit on the quantity - like they do quite often with other items. Why single out coupons for limitations? I can still go to the store and buy 100 if I want, so it really doesn't make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by ex0ticb3lla View Post
    I honestly wish they would do this at my shoppers, would stop the shelf clearers
    MillieH likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Wow I can use 4 coupons per item! So I buy one item and can use 4 coupons on it! Stacking! They phrased it wrong lol. You could so argue this one.
    anisa, walkonby, Gazpache and 3 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I was thinking the same thing! LOL!
    MillieH and torontogal12 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think they are paranoid about the Loblaws takeover.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information