User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Walmart becoming anal again about coupons!!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have been couponing for 2 yrs and when I first started Walmart was terrible to go to - never a smooth event - line ups getting peeved, cashiers unsure, supervisors unsure - not a good time and then they improved but yesterday was at two different locations in BC and every coupon was questioned and front end super was called over - these were not internet coupons!!! Explanations about fraud etc was mentioned/

Both my DH and myself think this is do to the WeedBGon coupons - as the site allowed for any number to be printed and coupons was ambiguous and now if you go to print one it is worded way different so someone final caught on!!!

I will wait a bit longer on the Walmart cituation before I put my concerns on FB but wondered if any other couponers are experiencing this change???
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

No problems at all at Guildford (Surrey) Walmart...
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OP, like you, not shopping there too often. Been turned off with attitude and such. Glad there are more options for shopping.
    Natalka and Tere E like this.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

No problems with my Walmarts
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

That's why I adore Target ... nothing but smooth transactions, happy/helpful cashiers, and each cashier is trained the same (and will even talk you through what they look for and the benefits of saving money)!

In comparison to Wal-Mart, I hold my breath and pray a little ... always prepared to leave one or more items behind if I have multiple coupons. No comparison.
    Angela273 likes this.
    ... I'm earning $5-25 Amazon.ca gift cards EVERY month, are you?

P.S. ... starting to hunt for ShoppingChannel GC's with no minimum purchase ...

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

nothing to do with coupons, but on the rare chance i do go into walmart, its always only 4 / 20 registers open, huge lines, and i see a bunch of employees hanging around registers that are closed...like they cant just open them and do some work?
    sassypants and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mcon View Post
    nothing to do with coupons, but on the rare chance i do go into walmart, its always only 4 / 20 registers open, huge lines, and i see a bunch of employees hanging around registers that are closed...like they cant just open them and do some work?
    I know, they were good for the first week they opened our Supercentre (and don't get me started on trying to find a Wal-Mart employee to help - let alone one that works in the area I find them ... ) ... I get a thrill out of Safeway, Target, and a select few who open more tills with small lines and even those managers that are willing to roll up their sleeves and bag or work tills until more tellers come up.
    Angela273 likes this.
    ... I'm earning $5-25 Amazon.ca gift cards EVERY month, are you?

P.S. ... starting to hunt for ShoppingChannel GC's with no minimum purchase ...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

in the last two weeks, i had many problems with walmart, too, they are sticking to one coupon per person! not even willing to do different transactions, and these includes printables and inserts. and also they refuse to refund items when coupons had been used. I m not sure what is happening, but I believe there are people out there who is abusing their coupon policies that caused the change and now they are being very strict on all couponers.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

i havent really had this. i hope it isnt widespread
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is the main reason why I have pretty much given up on using anything but manufacturer's coupons, and even then I only use them when they have precise wording and clear expiry dates. It's just too much hassle now a days.

Quote Originally Posted by sassypants View Post
    That's why I adore Target ... nothing but smooth transactions, happy/helpful cashiers, and each cashier is trained the same (and will even talk you through what they look for and the benefits of saving money)!
    I haven't found this to be the case at all, sadly, and after the treatment shown to an elderly couple by both a cashier and manager over the use of a coupon I witnessed this past week I won't be back. In fact, I will be contacting head office, it was that bad!
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow, I find it so interesting reading up all those comments on walmart's fb wall right now. almost 95% was complaints, unrelated to coupons, but almost all of them mentioned about "the managers don't care about it". I totally agree in most cases managers just don't want to deal with your problems at all. when does Walmart ever learn, sigh......well, now they got one more complaint from me.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

cant wait till mine opens
    Quote Originally Posted by sassypants View Post

In comparison to Wal-Mart, I hold my breath and pray a little ... always prepared to leave one or more items behind if I have multiple coupons. No comparison.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

If you read my rant about Walmart before it was removed i am not the biggest fan of Walmart at the moment.It does seem as if they are changing there policy? i know my husband went there the other day same place we had a issue before without me of course because i am still peeved but either way he had a issue finding a certain product (baboo milk) and he had a store employee who helped him find it before warning him that the store knows about the coupons and limiting them to 1 per customer i cant recall if that certain free baboo coupon was 1 per customer or not anyways? but it seems like there limiting the amount of free coupons you can use at least..
    Angela273 likes this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Contact Walmart head office, complain, complain, complain. I complained about the run-around i got from a walmart employee at the Customer service counter. Whenever you encounter a problem at Walmart COMPLAIN to the head office.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Same problem here last week at Walmart. I had four $2 coupons for Secret deodorant from the P&G insert. At the cash, I was told that the four coupons had the same bar code and that now, they only accept coupon with differents bar codes. WTH! These were not printables and no wording on them about only one per customer. Anyways, if this is the new policy, they are going to lose me as a customer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information