User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Has anyone noticed when price matching at Walmart!!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

anastasia1009, thanks for the informative post. I did not know that Sobey's did that.
    I know that a lot of other stores do not mark the receipts or code the coupons such that they can be traced back to a particular transaction.

I did the coupon paperwork for a small store and we didn't have a method that allowed us to trace coupons back to particular transactions, though we checked the terms of the actual coupon at the time of the transaction to make sure that it was being used appropriately. Sometimes our coupon claims for certain products were rejected for no reason, and we just lost the money (which was quite significant for a small store). This is why i never coupon at smaller stores and can understand why these stores may not accept coupons.

If Walmart does not want to price-match, or only wants to do so in certain situations, then i wish they would be forthright about it so that customers don't get their hopes up. I can understand why they would not want to lose money on those products (because if they are selling them at someone else's promotional price without having acquired the stock at the discounted price that allows for the promotion, they are losing money), but they are lying when they say they will match any competitor's price.

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    ... but when I went in, there were pallets and pallets, packed almost to the ceiling of cases of 24 water bottles . Has this happened to anyone else??
    Whaaaaaa !?!?!?!?!? That's insane !!! I would so complain . I didn't think they would ever do that .. come to think about it.. it happens a lot that they don't have what I'm looking for..

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

My WM doesn't pull the stock on sales like this ..but they only bring a certain amt. out each day.

So if they have 70 units in stock ..they will space it out and only bring 10 out each day of the week.

So if you show up after their daily quota is over , you are out of luck and they won't restock that day even if they have tons in the back

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

While I don't agree with WM pulling stock and hiding (it could be because of future sales, like someone else said), you can't just walk into their stockroom!! Their insurance wouldn't cover you if you were injured.
    leymi15 and kmiecp like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    While I don't agree with WM pulling stock and hiding (it could be because of future sales, like someone else said), you can't just walk into their stockroom!! Their insurance wouldn't cover you if you were injured.
    when I worked at WM - we were told it was for future sales because they know about 2 months what will be on sale and they lose money. They would rather people pay full price for the product and not price match. Every morning before the morning shift worked we were told how much the store made the previous day and which department minus any coupons or other things as it takes months to get the money back - they always lost money in the food & health and beauty department. I was told by my friend in Ottawa who is a cs manager that the higher up people extra money at the end of the year when the store made a profit.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i found 3 packs of those pillers ham that I pm giant tiger for $1-.75 coupon the other day, I went back the next day nothing got restock, went back again two days after to check still nothing restock. I m guessing they found out about the sale at GT, so decided not to restock until the sale is over. we will see if I will see them on thursday when GT sale ends.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I complained to Walmart HQ and the Manager of my local store called me and told me that I can keep the flyer and when they get the stock in they will honer the flyer even if it is outdated!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did you get that in writting?
    Quote Originally Posted by brennen7 View Post
    I complained to Walmart HQ and the Manager of my local store called me and told me that I can keep the flyer and when they get the stock in they will honer the flyer even if it is outdated!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes WalMart does this too. And I too have had problems getting price matched items, and I work there. Sometimes it is because it really is out of stock, and sometimes, it is hidden.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aimz View Post
    Yup, I have had this experience. For some reason, at my local WM, they always remove the 18 pack of eggs when it's on for $2.97. And I often shop Friday morning, so for them to claim that it is sold out (which they do), when it's not even on sale at WM, is ridiculous. I mean really, do they honestly expect us to believe that an army of price-matchers descended on the store at opening with their flyers in hand, ran to the egg section, and cleared the shelf to save $2.00 at most? Yeah, sorry, not buying it.

Their loss, honestly. It's the principle of the thing - I'm sure WM knows/thinks most people will give in and just buy other things at their store if what they wanted to match isn't there, but I will take my business to Freshco or No Frills, or where the original sale is.

That happened to me too...I believe Freshco had 18 pk of eggs & I went to WM on the 1st day of the sale & just grabbed a pkg(assuming it was large eggs)but when I got the cashier it was detected that I had extra-large eggs(all the large ones were gone ; actually they made it seem like that item wasn't normally sold there as there was not even a spot in the cold bunker are where they are kept... I just left the pkg with the cashier ....SMH.
    leymi15 likes this.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

For me, it's the Simply Orange juice! They always seem to be o/s when there's a sale.....& right now, they had Rollback on Armstrong cheese...they've been o/s for about a week & a half now! Errrrr.....

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

You know what bother's me is when they put the items on sale a day before the sale starts. My Walmart had Purex TP 30double rolls for $11.77 Reg $22. Flyer stated it started Friday Aug 16 2013 however my mom saw the sale at the front doors on thursday with the sale sign and was able to purchase them. I didn't know that till she told me friday. I understand they need to put things up and get ready for the sale on friday but when it's a really good deal like that and they have none left the day of the sale it's very misleading and annoying. I tried to get a raincheck and the rude supervisor lies about when the sale started and won't give you a raincheck because apparently it was while quantities lasted. Well of course it didn't last on the day of the sale because it started earlier then it should have. I wasn't given up I went to another close walmart and they had tonssss. I wonder why maybe because they started it on the right day hmmm

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I thought I was going crazy and my wife said it was all in my head, but now I have confirmation from you people regarding hiding stock. No Frills is really good at hiding things in the back. I buy a lot of product and if they are going to screw with me, then I'll shop elsewhere .
    Durham Couponer likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So, I guess as a sort of bump to this thread, I just wanted to share my experience at WM today.

White onions are on sale at a fantastic price at NF, $1.97 for 10 pounds - went to WM this afternoon and guess what? Not one bag of white onions in sight. I highly doubt this was an "out of stock" problem so much as it was a "hiding stock" problem.

And this made me laugh. Watermelons are priced at $2.00 at Freshco this week - I didn't think WM would be able to get away with hiding watermelon, but all I could find in the fruit section was the mini watermelons, maybe 6-7 pounds, whereas the advertised ones in Freshco were over 10 pounds. So I grab two mini ones, and go on my way. I make my way to the other end of WM, near the milk section, and what do I find? A bin of large watermelons - way larger than the ones out front. I had to make sure they weren't seeded watermelons - which might explain why these larger ones were back here, whereas the ones front and centre were smaller, but nope, they were also seedless.

Amazing, the lengths to which WM will go to not abide by their own PM guarantee. There was a lot of head-shaking going on, on my end today.
    Last edited by Aimz; Sat, Sep 7th, 2013 at 08:14 PM.

[*A I M Z*]

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went to walmart today to pm metro $5.99 Janes chicken nuggets and use the $2 off coupon, surprise, the shelf was cleared! no Jane's Chicken nuggets or strips( that was the only 800g ones that was on sale at metro that we can pm). the only ones there was the grilled chickens and the bites that was not included in the sale. there is no way someone can buy off a whole portion of the shelf of chicken. sigh....i m 80% walmart probably took the product off shelf.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information