User Tag List

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By dealsniffer
  • 2 Post By Natalka
  • 1 Post By vesper

Thread: Foster kittens are growing up!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Hi -I know I have mentioned these kittens already before a few months ago but I wanted to update you all on the kittens. In April, I happened to see a cat outside my window because I looked outside at just the right moment. she was in labour and a few hours after I had found her, she had 3 kittens. a couple weeks after she had them however, she moved them out of the shop and they were nowhere to be found. I was devastated. A few days after that, we managed to find she had moved them into the wood chipper (horrible place I would think right?!) and we thought everything was ok and she just needed privacy. After a while, something didn't seem right because she no longer went to the wood chipper and I thought I should have been seeing signs of life somehow. At the end of May, my dad looked in the woodchipper and found kitten remains and we were sure they were all dead. The mama (Ginger) was in heat again. We looked everywhere to try to find any signs of life with the kittens and found none. I was devastated. I cried on and off for a few days. We thought that the best thing would be to get Ginger spayed at least so she didn't get pregnant again. She actually got adopted that exact same day. But 3 days later, my dad and a relative visiting from Holland were walking outside and discovered 2 very hungry kittens that came running out of a bin to greet them. We do not know how they survived that long without food. they were so tiny still. I felt horrible that we didn't find them sooner and we let their mom go. It took a few weeks before I stopped hating myself for what I put them through. but we tried to find any signs of kittens before the mom was gone and found absolutely none. anyways, the kittens have been with us now since then and I have been their surrogate mom sort of. they have had so many things going against them that it is amazing they have survived. But they have and they are very energetic and sweet and I wish I could keep them. lol Felix loves them too and they play together lots. Here is a little video of the one who adores Temptation Cat Treats and will run from any part of the house when she hears me shake the bag. lol https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
    Also here is a link to the photo album of them growing up. I have more photos to add again but I will do that in the coming days. They have been spayed now and will be going up for adoption soon. Such a bittersweet time. I am so happy though that they will get a chance to live a wonderfully full and happy life with someone who will love them. here is a link to the photo album - https://www.facebook.com/heathervand...0156696&type=1
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Natalka, Dee09, toban and 1 others like this.
    Please take a moment to visit my blog! www.heatherv11.wordpress.com

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi! So nice that they've been doing well, and it's been kind of you to foster them.
    Dee09 and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i LOVE fostering kittens! Been a while, but I know I'll have another batch soon. Good for you, for being so kind! Yahoo!!

Dee09 likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good on you for helping those poor kitties! and cute video haha

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's wonderful you took care of the kittens and happy to hear their progress. The video is so cute

Thread Information