User Tag List

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hey folks, anyone know any reputable fencing companies with very competitive rates? We live in a new area and just had a meeting with representitives from 13 houses in our area and we are all looking for a good deal on tough fence or equivalant.

ANybody have a good experience with a fencing company or if you have any information-it would certainly be appretiated!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can't remember the name of the contractor who did our fencing (it was put in two years before we purchased the house) but it was under a similar situation several neighbors to the right of our home wanted fencing, others didn't but were forced under the city's by-law. So the cheapest quote was accepted. Well two years later we bought the house, the decorative laced topped panels started splitting, the main columns (the ones that get put underground) started shifting, during two separate storms two panels actually broke off. You could push on the panels and they all moved, each piece of lumber was either splitting or warped. Oh and the gate into the backyard, the main columns has shifted so much, it would no longer close. DH actually had to move the latch. It was horrible. From what I can remember (we sold the house three years ago, so the fence had been up for a total of 5 years and pretty much need to be replaced) the panels were cheap pressure-treated lumber and it was a "no-name" contractor, the kind you get the flyers for in your mailbox....Right before we moved, our neighbors to the left put in a gorgeous cedar fence stained a brown/red. It seemed much more sturdy, but they paid for the better quality.

I don't believe all contractors have the same quality of work, but you get what you pay for....make sure you check references and go and take a look at their work if you can. and make sure they use screws not nails to build the fence!

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Good luck.
    nothingfancy

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thank you for your story. My neighbor is pushing for the cheaper fencing from a flyer in a mailbox-we even caught this guy in a lie and she still wants to consider him!!!

My husband and I are pushing for a company we did extensive research on and has been in business 21 years- If I am not willing to give the company my neighbor picked thousands of $$ then how can i possibly reccomend that other people do the same?

It is gonna be a battle lol.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

My son and my nephew run their own crew for a very reputable fencing company in Ottawa. Please PM me and I can see about getting you a quote.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Sorry Travel-mum, i wish i had seen this earlier. We (and several of our neighbors) picked a company last week that we found through the better business bureau. Everything with them checks out so far and they are giving us a very nice deal. Hopefully it all works out! There are quite a few fights going on further down the block where fencing is concerned, so hopefully they all go up sooner rather then later to keep the peace:>

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I'm sorry too. My son could have probably gotten you a really good deal. The fencing company he works for has been in business in Ottawa for over 20 years. I didn't want to give their name, because my son also does private business on the side, and would probably have done the same for you. If you know anyone else who needs a good, quality fence done by professionals, just PM me.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Travel mum - I am interested in getting the info for your son as I would like to have some fencing done, but I can't PM you as I am a new member...would you please PM me? Thanks!

Thread Information