• 2 Post By cheekysaver
  • 2 Post By snuffaluffagus
  • 1 Post By mcon
  • 1 Post By maribel
  • 1 Post By CouponKitten

Thread: EMERGENCY ! i must buy a new fridge ...now....please help

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

my old fridge just died today so i need a new one right soon......does any one know what is the best to look for.....need advice asap please.....thank you , thank you thank you so very much for your help and great advices

p.s. was unexpected to shop for a fridge today.....i have a pretty full scedule this week....
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Mia001; Mon, Aug 19th, 2013 at 01:56 PM.
    cheekysaver likes this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Ours is a Maytag, which replaced a Maytag! Ours is plain, nothing fancy, no bells or whistles.
    Oh, and it was a floor model with a small dent on the side, so cheaper.

I also would have gone with Kenmore, too.

To compare for yourself, you need to go with what size and features you want, plus your budget. You can spend $500 to $2,500+....

Good luck on your search.
    cheekysaver likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Yesssssss I can help with 2 parts of this #1 don't buy frigidaire... that is advice from my friend who is a very experienced appliance repair guy (that doesn't just mean old... but he is LOL... it also means they have too many repair calls consistently... he is the tech they send out when nobody else can figure out what is wrong so he knows what he is talking about). The other thing is when you buy fancy models you buy something with more parts to break down and you increase the odds of needing a repair guy.

The second is look online and find the LOWEST price... then price match it at a place like lowes who will beat that low price by 10%!!! that will save you time money and gas. Best of luck! (Please let us know how it goes!)

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

My refrigerator broke not even a month ago and I was panicking! From the research and talking to other people I decided to go with LG. It is awesome! It is one of the "french" style double doors and freezer on the bottom. It even has a water spout on the front and a screen so you know your temps are always right! It was originally almost $2500 (NO WAY was I going to pay that) but went on sale at home depot for only $1300! And the great thing about them is they took my old fridge away for me and it came with a warranty. I needed it asap or I would have bought it online and looked for a coupon code to save even more. I have had other LG appliances like TV's and phone and I think they are great and reliable. If you don't want to buy new, I would definately check out kijiji or craigslist. Sometimes you can find great things that are barely used!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Here is a example of the online... i used the lg that was recommended above as a example
    This is the LG french door stainless steal fridge at home depot
    Name:  home depot price.gif
Views: 286
Size:  11.8 KB

This is the same product at Lowes!
    Name:  lowes price.gif
Views: 293
Size:  47.8 KB

Because the Lowes price is higher you get the opportunity to price match and get 10% more off the price... here is their price match policy.

How to price match in store:

When shopping in our stores, just bring us confirmation of the price that you have found.

How to price match on Lowes.ca:

To place your lowes.ca order or inquire regarding a Price Guarantee, please call us toll free at 1-888-98-LOWES (56937) or use our Live Chat. Before contacting us, please make sure you have the complete URL (web address) of the competitor's web site, along with your name, phone number, and the details of the price difference so that we can help you as quickly as possible.

The Fine Details

• The item must be in stock and available for immediate sale and delivery.
    • The item must be of the identical brand and model.
    • The item must be new and factory-sealed and subject to a manufacturer's warranty applicable in Canada.
    • The item must be sold by an authorized dealer located in Canada.
    • Competitors’ prices must be in Canadian dollars and will be adjusted for any fees, taxes or other charges such as import fees and shipping.
    • Our Lowest Price Guarantee does not apply to advertising errors or misprints, Cyber Monday prices, Black Friday prices, Boxing Day prices, restricted offers, mail order offers, rebates, coupons, premiums, free or bonus offers, limited or minimum quantity or limited time offers, close-outs, liquidations, clearance, damaged items, delivery, assembly and financing offers.

In-Store Everyday Low Prices Guaranteed*

You never have to wait for a sale at Lowe's because we always price our products as competitively as possible. When you choose to shop at Lowe's, you can have peace of mind knowing you're getting honest value for your money.

We guarantee our everyday competitive prices. If you find a lower everyday or advertised price on an identical stock item at any local retail competitor that has the item in stock, we’ll beat their price by 10% when you buy from us. For competitor percent-off sales, we will match their discounted price. Just bring us confirmation of the price that you have found. Lowe’s reserves the right to verify the lower price prior to sale. Competitor close-out, discontinued, clearance, liquidation, special order, damaged items, delivery, and assembly are excluded from this offer. Limited to reasonable quantities for homeowner and one-house order quantities for cash and carry contractors. Current in-store price, if lower, overrides Lowe’s advertised price. Price guarantee honoured at all Lowe’s retail locations in Canada. Other conditions apply. Visit store for complete details.

Why do prices vary from store to store?

Our goal is to provide everyday low prices on all of the items we sell. In order to do so, we partner with local manufacturers wherever possible to bring you the lowest prices. As a result, prices for identical items may vary based on local costs.

Service

This is where it all starts. Our people. Only the best wear the vest. Every one of our red-vested associates is a customer service professional. In every department, you'll find enthusiastic, knowledgeable and dedicated Lowe's associates always ready to help.

Help Button

You press, we'll impress. When you need help and a red-vested associate is not in the immediate vicinity, all you have to do is press one of our convenient Help Buttons. Just press and help will be there.

Three-in-line

If there are three customers in line, we'll page the next available associate to open another checkout so you don't have to wait.

Carry Out Assistance

Our service doesn't end after you've made your purchase. If you ever need help carrying out and loading your purchases, just ask and we'll be happy to help.

Here is the link to the Lowes price match page... they do price match online items so you would end up saving a extra $130 bucks on the lowest price available!
    http://www.lowes.ca/articles/Trust-Lowes_a807.html

By the way i am not saying to purchase this fridge... it is just a example of how to save a little more on the fridge YOU pick out!

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Awesome explanation, cheekysaver!

Mia, you can always consider second hand too. I've come across some amazing finds on kijiji...even some big ticket items in the "FREE" section. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Good luck .
    Natalka and cheekysaver like this.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

I will never buy another LG product....horrible customer service....
    ....just be happy

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

if you have a Trail appliances near you, try them, they have a bunch of used/refurbished appliances for cheap.
    CouponKitten likes this.

Trading Score
    104 (100%)

We have a local Facebook "garage sale" group in our area, I just picked up an LG fridge last night for free, somebody was giving away because they upgraded. It's plain, but by no means old and other than some cleaning it's going to work perfect for the overflow from our rather smaller (but totally necessary *narrow depth counters*) counter depth double door fridge. I will finally have a place to store a pizza box or turkey when it's thawing. Our facebook group is an excellent source of second hand items usually way less annoying that using kijiji too.
    Natalka likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

check your phonebook (if you're the kind of person who still has a phonebook) for a used appliance store, and you can get a fridge that will last you another 5 years for about $200.
    they take used appliances from places (usually rental homes and apartments when they get reno'd), fix them up and resell them on the cheap!
    Natalka likes this.

hopesdreams
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

Love My Samsung from Sears. Sale price was about 1200 dollars.
    Freezer on the bottom style has been great for our family.
    Do onto others as you wish done to you.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/hopesdreams

Thread Information