User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dollarama Canada Reviews and Item Lists (in-store)

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Dollarama Canada

Tell us about your good or bad shopping experience at Dollarama Canada stores. Have any compliments or complaints? any advice? let us know!

You can also use this thread to discuss hot items that could be found at Dollrama Canada and items that should be avoided.

Click here to post your Dollarama review now

------------------------------------------------------------

Dollarama is a chain of over 550 dollar stores across Canada. The company is headquartered in Montreal and is Canada's largest operator of "only at a dollar" stores.

All items are $1. Notable exceptions to this policy include chocolate bars, and chewing gum which are currently sold for $0.65. Most Dollarama stores now accept Interac.

Beginning February 1st, 2009, Dollarama will introduce three new price levels: $1.25, $1.50 and $2.00. Many items will remain $1. This price increase allows the store to source products from a greater variety of sources, including closeout sales.
    This thread is currently associated with: Dollarama, Indigo Chapters Coles Bookstore

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

great idea,

I already said in the other Dollarama thread that I like the play-doh and the disney crayons are fairly good quality....a huge improvement from the past

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

they always have good name brand hair products at the dollarama that i go to. there is a gel that my bro uses that cost $10 that i got for $1. I got 10 for the price of 1!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The white out that they have there is awesome.

And they also have post-its and flags that are $1, as compared to the name brand that is $5!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

The one I went to has Dove Shampoo the big bottles, I buy things like glasses/plates because there cheap and if they break it doesn't matter lol

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Kitchen gadgets are a super deal - you just cannot beat the prices
    for those little handy things like trivets, party supplies, plastic & glass
    dishes, etc...

Sadly, they made an announcement that as of April 2009, the prices
    at Dollarama will be going up - no longer will all items sell for $1.
    'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.'

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by shdiep View Post
    And they also have post-its and flags that are $1, as compared to the name brand that is $5!
    I hate their post it! Actually it depends which one but most of those i bought from dollar store just don't stick!

I also hate their magnet clip... I bought like a pack of 5, in the same pack 3 had different magnet that don't hold and 2 were ok.. Seriously it's like they realized it's worth nothing and decided to make better one and mix em together hoping we won't notice...

And what I love about dollar shop : cute little boxes. I got cute little boxes for everything...

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

My thumbs up is they finally got Interac. I rarely have cash on hand and in the past would avoid them because they didn't have Interac.

They're great for greeting cards and kitchen items.

My thumbs down is for their baby items, cheap and dispensible.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

i havent had much luck with their envelopes, but love the l'oreal color flirt and also the barber scissors for everyday use.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

they have this cable wrap thingy... it comes in a box, with a length of .. tube things and a plastic triangular mechanism.. haha im not making much sense.. but for a dollar the plasic tube things can be used to tube around all that wires behind a tv so it just looks like you have 1 thick wire.. I really like it.
    Also, hole-net things for sinks, to keep my hair from clogging my tub. They are a dollar for 2 so after a month just toss one out since it gets all rusty and gross from hair and scum.
    I also bought a lot of switch plates, those rectangular things that go around outlets or light switches, a dollar for 2 and they come with screws too!

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

the freezer bags. you have to be careful. one kind works really well, one kind SUX bad. i mean, when u unzip it, it rips the whole bag apart, and so thin you get freezer burn. i think it's the pink ones, but not sure. i stick with ziplock because i always end up with the wrong ones.

their pencils suck. always break. pens never work for me, (had trouble at staples too). white out was fine, scribblers thumbs up.

i like it for buying stocking stuffers, and filling teacher/epas bags for end of year. candles, cards, ornaments are nice.

my mom luvs their wordfind books, ($6 everywhere else).

NIVEA SOAP! only beauty product i buy there, but the stuff rocks.

and you can get the little bears of honey

cellophane wrap. go to hallmark, i paid over $6 for a roll. and you need this stuff for doing baskets up! at xmas, they have clear, red and green

i bought these rubbery stuff on a roll, (shelf liner), and it had an ivy pattern. i love this stuff. can't find any more of it. now the stuff they have has holes in it the dirt can go thru

oh and the oil soap rocks. good on laminate floors. the pet carpet fresh stuff rocks. think it might clog my hepafilter, but does leave a great scent.

i bought covergirl makeup that was dried out, beware the mascara. son bought toys that broke before he got out of the mall...

great place to find those weird little flat batteries that go in everything from watches, to caluclators to bbq thermometers. you can get a pkg that caries a varielty of them.

and phone accessories. jacks, extensions, even adaptors for steros. which is very expensive at circuit city (aka radio shack). they work just as well.

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow. NSangel what a very good post.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

thanks milton, finally my ramblings are appreciated

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well I do appreciate it because as we all know you can totally score at dollarama or waste your money on a bunch of junk so I am taking notes from this thread. I should mention that the Titan packaging tape is a great deal compared to Canada Post

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

our dollarama has really nice silver wear (ie forks and spoons), i need stuff for my dorm and went to dollarama thinking i would get something cheap, but they are really nice, heavy and stylish too.

i like to buy all of my gift bags and tissue paper there too, they have pretty much every colour and design and of course the price can't be beat. don't buy the tape though, it doesn't stick very well. also their sticky tack putty is terrible... doesn't hold on the wall and rips paper like crazy when you try to take it off, better off to buy brand name.

the helium quality balloons are pretty good. i used to be head decorator of my high school dances and bought all our balloons there. they stand up pretty well when filled but buy more than you need because you tend to get "damaged" ones. price wise, the dollarama ones are still cheaper than buying from a party supplier and dollarama usually has just as many colours to choose from (if not more).

i like their glass stuff too, they have really nice canisters with the lock down front and rubber seal. bulk barn has the same ones but charges way more for them. it is great to check out because the stock always changes. i got a set (not actually sold as a set, but i bought four to make a set) of oven safe plates (kind of like a pasta plate) in a really nice grass green colour, i love them. and they only cost a $1!

they also have a bunch of scrap booking supplies. they have a lot of nice stuff (some comparable to brand name) and a lot of selection . in the craft section, i found some great paint brushes, they have clear handles and rubber grips on them and are super soft. i was amazed at how nice the quality was.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information