User Tag List

Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By frugalqueen
  • 2 Post By HeatherWake
  • 1 Post By ericaraina
  • 1 Post By luckbealady
  • 1 Post By SmartConsumer
  • 2 Post By YOU AND ME

Thread: Canadian tire wasn't very nice about it!

Trading Score
    30 (89%)

As a rule I am not very hard to get along with...but today they were testing my patience...I went to canadian tire to take advantage of the sales and also use some coupons and redeem my canadian tire money advantage coupons...i don't know if everyone knows what "canadian tire money advantage" is but it is a new loyalty card that gives 1 point per dollar and you can redeemed them for 100 points for a dollar off...we have had it in Nova Scotia for a while now...anyways here my story continues...I got all of my shopping done and was prepared to do a couple of different transactions as you can only use one bonus point coupon per order...BUT they said they would not accept the manufacturer coupon in conjunction with their coupon...I asked to speak to the manager...she came over and said "no" so i just explained to her that they are unrelated...anyways she said" you might as well do it...she isn't going to leave unless we do " so what did I do...I called customer service as soon as I got home...I told the rep everything and said if that indeed is your policy so be it I will accept it but I will never be treated that way by a customer service person again and I will think twice before shopping there again! He admitted that they probably did not know what to do...so He said he is contacting the store on coupon education...I said that was enough for me at this time BUT I will not be treated that way again! I know I probably sound whiny about this and I should suck it up but I worked in customer service for twenty five years and I would never dream of saying the things they get away with today...it is awful! Thank you for listening...So to end the story on a good note...I am proud I held my head high through the transaction and did not lose my temper...
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire
    walkonby, Brooke_ and lghend like this.

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

I would have lost my sh**t...good for keeping your cool!
    maribel and frugalqueen like this.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

wow. not too surprising though. I always have issues using coupons at CT. They see me holding my coupons and before looking at them, they shout out a reason why I cant use them.
    frugalqueen likes this.
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm sorry you had that experience.

I find Canadian Tire very hit and miss. I've never used coupons there, but have price matched. One store (store A) made us run circles to try and do a price match, and they didn't even have the product in stock. So we went to another store, prepared to go through everything again, and they said what the store A told us was unnecessary, as they would just have to do it all again themselves to verify.
    frugalqueen likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Canadian's don't call it Crappy Tire for no reason.
    DianneS likes this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

One of the CT near me only takes shiny coupons.. another takes coupons but each coupon used must be a separate transaction.. it boggles the mind.. It sounds as though you handled it very well.. hopefully its resolved by the next time you go in.. Fortunately I've not needed anything that I can't pick up somewhere else..
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

I all most never shop at Ct especially with coupons as it's 1 per transaction at my 2 CT
    walkonby and Shwa Girl like this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    I all most never shop at Ct especially with coupons as it's 1 per transaction at my 2 CT
    Had the same experience.

Once, I would like to go in to CT with a few coupons and go through the check out multiple times to show them how dumb this policy is. Go to same cashier. Then just ask at each time through, as sweet as can be, "Is it o.k. to do more than one coupon on this order?". A reasonable cashier would say , "Go ahead", I think.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

frugalqueen, what a challenge CT has become, I too avoid them like the plague, just not worth the struggle. You came through with your dignity intact, btw thanks for your 25 years of CS done the right way.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Customer Service used to be "the customer is always right" but now a days that is no longer the case and unfortunately I feel it is both sides fault. There are too many customers that try to take advantage and too many reps that don't care. You know what they say... "one bad apple..."

Thread Information