User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mcon
  • 1 Post By trulyblessed

Thread: Visions Electronics - they may be right but is it right?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In need of a new GPS for my car I checked local ads and websites and found a very good price - about $75 - for a reconditioned Garmin at Visions Electronics. I went to the Surrey store which had the item in stock but the sales person recommended I move up to the Garmin Nuvi 2455 for $99.99 as it comes with lifetime map updates.
    This made sense as updates can be more than $25 each time so I purchased it. The salesman gave me the unit and also a leather carrying case which he said was included. I didn't really want the carrying case as I keep the unit hidden away in my car when I am parked.
    When I got my receipt I noticed that they had charged me $80 for the GPS unit and $19.99 for the leather case for the total of $99.99 I expected to pay.

I assumed this was for some internal SKU thing and didn't say anything.

Yesterday I received a Vsions flyer with the same unit I bought for $99.99 advertised at $76.00. Their advertising states that they match prices for 60 days. There was some fine print that for programmable items like GPS it is only 15 days but I was still within that time period so I went back to the Surrey store to get a refund for the difference.

I'm sure you can see what's coming --- I was told that I only paid $80 for my unit and the other $19.99 was for the case. I told the person (not sure if he was a manager but acted like it) that I never wanted the case and don't use it.

He refused to give me any refund and walked away. I suppose i should have at least gone for the $4 difference but I had to get back to work and didn't want to argue what appeared to be a lost cause.

I have bought a number of items at Visions over the years as they always seem to have the lowest price but this definitely left a sour taste in my mouth.
    This thread is currently associated with: Visions, Visions Electronics

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thats when you block the register line, if there was one, or if other customers come into the store, you dont let the employee talk to them until you get your refund....
    LIVE SIMPLE likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    324 (100%)

check with head office as it seems not right at all

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

sounds like the Best Buy "deal" I got last week - bought a movie advertised @ 44.99, at till he said there were free batteries included-cool! But, when I looked at receipt in car, they charged 41.00 for the movie and 3.99 for the batteries - huh? Might have something to do with not being able to actually offer free items? End result - paid the same price
    LIVE SIMPLE likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

why didn't you return everything(gps AND case),get money back and just buy the gps again?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

you can check with the head office

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks to provide good information and i am searching from many times

Thread Information