User Tag List

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

So in response to the email I sent Pricesmart head office (if anyone wants to see it let me know), this is all I got back from them today with their coupon policy attached. Nothing addressing the way the manager treated me, the remarks made, or an apology:

Hi there, thanks for your email. Attached is a copy of our coupon
    acceptance practices. We hope you'll find this helpful. Thanks again

Wow, I thought I would try stacking a few items at Pricesmart in Surrey because I know a few of you have with no problem. The manager told me he wouldn't stack them because I wasn't buying a cart full of groceries and his store was losing money because of people like me! I could not believe it! I spend thousands of dollars at their stores a year, and because I choose to only buy a few things this time I am less of a customer? I will never give my business to that store again. He said if I wanted to go buy $200 worth of groceries then he would take my coupons. I am such an easy going quiet person and this made me so mad I am shaking right now
    This thread is currently associated with: PriceSmart
    Last edited by tink30; Thu, Jul 21st, 2011 at 01:35 AM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Sorry to hear this!!! :/ what horrible treatment
    I would consider filing a complaint
    let them know what a valuable customer they will be losing.
    what a complete JERK!!!

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

I will be filing a complaint. All I wanted was some bread and lunch meat but because I wasn't spending $200 I was "getting stuff for free and ripping the store off". I nicely tried to explain that I normally spend at least that but have always used coupons to bring my bill down a bit but I only needed a few things this time and that it would be helpful if he could explain their coupon policy to me because maybe I misunderstood. I have never misused coupons, never cleared shelves, always so patient and organized with my shopping. Now I am made to feel like a criminal and embarassed in front of other customers and staff.

New to couponing!
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

How rude! I tried to stack at Langley location and they said only one coupon per item and wouldn't let me

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That is terrible!!!! I can't believe he would say some thing like that, you file a complaint and I hope you get some thing out of it like apology what a jerk I hate that store

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The ultimate irony with his reasoning is that he isn't losing money or shouldn't be unless his store is so disorganized that they are not submitting the coupons to the manufacturer for reimbursement. Sorry you had such a poor experience.
    Last edited by amoureux; Mon, Jul 18th, 2011 at 01:24 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

they probably lose more money from the crack heads shopplifting rather than people using coupons what a Jerk!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Unbelievable. Can't wait to hear what comes of this.

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

Sent my letter. I have learned when writing letters to be very polite, stick exactly to the facts...so I will see what happens. I even mentioned that it would be very helpful if they would have an official coupon policy on their site and stating which stores allowed coupon stacking. There is no excuse though to be told how much I have to spend in a store and that I am 'ripping a store off'.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Was this the KG/104TH location? I stopped shopping there because of the amount of item s that were past their due date and it wasn't a one off, this was most of the time. I sent an email to their corporate contact and the store manager called me and would not stop talking about how busy his store was with customers buying conveience foods (frozen meals, pop, chips etc) and how items like tofu products and fruit & veg get lost in the shuffle. My word, he went on forever. Bottom line of this tale is that you will get a call from the Manager who is going to have to fix what happened and he/she will ask you to continue to shop there again. I have never gone back because he was pushy on the phone. There is always tomorrow and the good experiences will outweigh the bad. Get some rest,we got your back.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (99%)

Oh wow, that's pretty bad. So sorry to hear that. Hope you get some justice soon!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Are you serious! That is ridiculous! What a stupid policy! I have never spent that much money at one time in that store. Expecially since they changed from Save On a few years back. They don't have the selection anymore. I hope you get some good answers with your letter. Hope you let us know the outcome. They haven't told me that policy yet. I stacked there Friday and had no problem. Probably spent 20.00 and used $20ish in coupons.

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

Yes I will let you all know my response, and I hope the manager doesn't call me because I really don't want to talk to him ever again. I would much rather keep my stacking to London Drugs, and get my groceries at Superstore where the prices are much lower anyways and they seem to always take my coupons without much of a problem.

Thread Information