User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Costco Store Hours Complaint

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I don't understand why Costco doesn't have longer hours. We've wanted to go shopping there a couple times now on Saturday evenings(the only time lately when my husband has time) and by the time we got there it was closed! They close at 6:00 on Saturdays and 5:00 on Sundays! Don't they know that those are the 2 days that people do most of their shopping?? For someone like us,we have to drive about 45 min.to get there,only to find it closed!
    I think people who agree with me should contact them and let them know.
    I have posted the link to the contact page,so lets let them know how we feel about theur short store hours!
    https://costco.egain.net/system/self...=en&COUNTRY=us
    This thread is currently associated with: Costco
    Last edited by mwieler; Mon, Jul 25th, 2011 at 09:59 AM.
    Artificial Colors & Flavours in almost all our food... You should be concerned.Everyone should watch this...
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/345273-...health-canada/

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well I contacted them,lets wait & see what they say.
    Artificial Colors & Flavours in almost all our food... You should be concerned.Everyone should watch this...

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

their hours have been this way for years.
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I work there and I have to tell you that this is one of the things that keep employees working there. LOL The hours have been this way for years and hasn't effected sales at all so I don't think it will change anytime soon. They actually have changed the way they run the business. At one time you couldn't get a membership unless you owned a business and when they opened the membership up executive members could be the first in the store and shop between the hours of 1030 to noon then from noon on other members were welcome to come in to the store.
    They have now opened the membership to non business owners but still that is there main focus is the business owner.
    I hope they don't change the hours but that is mainly because I wouldn't want to work past 530 on Sundays and past 6 on saturdays and even the weekday hours are nice. At Walmart and Superstore there employees can work up to 1 am. BLAH.

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

1am? That's crazy! I wouldn't want to work that long either. If all they did was change their hours on Saturdays to about 8pm,give people like us(who live a ways out of town & saturday evenings are the best time to shop) a little more time.That's all.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I hope they do change their hours because if you owned a business you'd care about how much revenue you make. At the end of the day, they might give a little bit more to their employees and keep the store working longer. Heck, its like that almost everywhere. On the other hand, if someone doesnt like the hours, than you go and find what you like some place else.

Follow my Beauty Blog on instagram @officialbestofglam
    or on facebook @bestofglam

I write reviews on all new and upcoming beauty products
    Sephora is my grand love

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MostarkaGirl View Post
    I hope they do change their hours because if you owned a business you'd care about how much revenue you make. At the end of the day, they might give a little bit more to their employees and keep the store working longer. Heck, its like that almost everywhere. On the other hand, if someone doesnt like the hours, than you go and find what you like some place else.
    this is true

and because they're not open long people are always cram packed in there because they have no time to spread out and go later, everyone has to go around the same time.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

random question, does anybody know how long a membership is? And how long does it last?

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

membership is for a year

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

There are a few factors you have to think about. costco, is a huge store, people know that this is how the hours are, they have to have alot of staff working ,if they had say 100 people working, and they stayed open for that extra 2 hours, thats like 2000 dollars they have to pay in wages per store. its not worth it for the few stragglers, they look at the big picture, its another way to keep overhead down ad make prices cheaper.
    KAT_5998 likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashmaster View Post
    There are a few factors you have to think about. costco, is a huge store, people know that this is how the hours are, they have to have alot of staff working ,if they had say 100 people working, and they stayed open for that extra 2 hours, thats like 2000 dollars they have to pay in wages per store. its not worth it for the few stragglers, they look at the big picture, its another way to keep overhead down ad make prices cheaper.

But how do you know there would be only few people in, if the hours have always been same way? If they tried to do it, maybe they'd be surprised at how many people would come to shop. It might be slow at first until people learned that the hours are longer. Also, if they stayed open longer, say those 2 hours, thats 2 hours that they will sell more things. Meaning $2000 per store means nothing to them if they are making much much more staying open 2 hours longer. On the other hand, they dont even have to give staff raise for staying 2 hours longer. If you dont like it, tough $h*t. Move on. Find work that makes you happy and can give you hours you like. Man, if every boss, went around and asked what he or she needs to do to make more money, they wouldnt be called bosses. Everyone else would be called bosses and they'd be called followers.

Sephora is my grand love

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

how much is a member ship?

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgirl14 View Post
    how much is a member ship?
    http://www.costco.ca/Common/Category...Top_membership

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by MostarkaGirl View Post
    But how do you know there would be only few people in, if the hours have always been same way? If they tried to do it, maybe they'd be surprised at how many people would come to shop. It might be slow at first until people learned that the hours are longer. Also, if they stayed open longer, say those 2 hours, thats 2 hours that they will sell more things. Meaning $2000 per store means nothing to them if they are making much much more staying open 2 hours longer. On the other hand, they dont even have to give staff raise for staying 2 hours longer. If you dont like it, tough $h*t. Move on. Find work that makes you happy and can give you hours you like. Man, if every boss, went around and asked what he or she needs to do to make more money, they wouldnt be called bosses. Everyone else would be called bosses and they'd be called followers.
    because my husband works at costco and they've looked at stuff like that. They actually count the amount of people that come in at certain times and it isn't worth it to them.
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ex0ticb3lla View Post
    because my husband works at costco and they've looked at stuff like that. They actually count the amount of people that come in at certain times and it isn't worth it to them.

How did they look at that if the store hours have never changed and have been always the same? Why would people show up to the store when the store is closed? I dont get it!

Store like Costco can not do a 3 month trial to see if the stuff will change. Because 3 months wont even be enough time for people to learn about the new hours. When big change like that happens, big corporations schedule in for couple of years of "trial" before making any decision of if it would work. Not sure what your husband looked at, he might've heard a rumor about something but unless he is big boss and works at head office, he did not look at the actual plan of what they have in store for their employees and customers.

Sephora is my grand love

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information