User Tag List

Page 18 of 102 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
Like Tree5959Likes

Thread: Choose Your Colour Package Train -- OVER

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nat77 View Post
    Sorry I haven't been to talkative lately. It's been a busy week! (Next week's not looking too great either....) My little guy starts school today and I'm a nervous wreck! I got all of 2 hours sleep last night. We had our first meeting with his teacher yesterday. The introduction went like this:

Teacher: Well, hello, young man. What's your name?
    Zachary: Woody.
    Teacher: Are you going to be in our Kindergarten class this year?
    Zachary: No, I'm a cowboy.

He'll do great! I bet he'll have a lot of fun. Be prepared, he'll be exhausted! Even if he'd done daycare before, school seems to make kids tired the first little bit I love that he wants to be a cowboy

We met Jackson's teacher today, he had fun playing with the train set. Then we had to go to daycare and he was quite put out, it was out of schedule (my kid likes his ROUTINE!) and he didn't get to finish building the train set!! He doesn't start until Thursday, then the following Tuesday is the real start date. It's going to be a long two weeks. And I need to go get a coffee...

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I'll snaggle DH's shop vac to vacuum the bags. lol

I pre-registered a few weeks ago to beat the rush. It gets crazy in September. She really had her heart set on Dance classes but I called and emailed numerous times and the studio never got back to me so I'm hoping she'll enjoy Gymnastics. Her class went last year and she had a ball.

Enjoy Target!

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Doing a wave by been a very frustrating week how I would love to just have a normal job......been closing last two nights and closing again tonight : (
    Basically I see Kayla in the am for a few minutes then not again till 9:30/10:00 then I am so tired I want to go to bed.....
    Any school I have done is basically worthless and feel like I am getting no where of going forward feel like this is a job for an 18
    Then tomorrow I have off and have to go uniforms for Kayla there goes apx 200.00 then I have to use my mom's visa for
    There is my pity party today

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherWake View Post
    This is my first package train, but what I understand is that there is no spending limit...as long as you do 5 of the items and one in their colour, everything else is filler. But I TOO wonder what is the average people will be spending? Like $20? $30?

Well the shipping on average is about $15-$25 alone, but minus that... I find myself spending almost $50-$60 worth but if I find good sales, etc. then maybe less and I always like to get extras. I think I spend a little more cuz I do a lot of online shopping for my buddy too

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Yay I`m approved! Cant wait to shop for my buddy I love shopping for other people. I can go crazy shopping for others but when I need something I am so cheep lol. I just read through the last few pages of posts and all this sushi talk is making me really want some. I`m in Orillia so I may check out the new sushi place with dh tonight since the kiddies are staying at nanas Happy Friday!

Trading Score
    134 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nat77 View Post
    Sorry I haven't been to talkative lately. It's been a busy week! (Next week's not looking too great either....) My little guy starts school today and I'm a nervous wreck! I got all of 2 hours sleep last night. We had our first meeting with his teacher yesterday. The introduction went like this:

Teacher: Well, hello, young man. What's your name?
    Zachary: Woody.
    Teacher: Are you going to be in our Kindergarten class this year?
    Zachary: No, I'm a cowboy.

I LOVE IT, I love imaginative little boys. I would have had a dozen sons ( I love Hailey very much) but boys are so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyanna_99 View Post
    That is helpful, thanks! And I did put some different items, as well as normal ones in my wishlist. It just feels so indulgent making a list for just me, I NEVER do this . It was fun!
    oh I'm glad I love it when I get a unique buddy list and I get to hunt down all sorts of things I've never heard off. I have added so much to my WL because of that and bought thing too. When I had juilejolie as she had this neat connected chopstick on her list so I bought some for Hailey and I, we love sushi but stink at using chopsticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody22002 View Post
    I sobbed outside of the school for all three of my kids.

((Nat))
    I still cry (grade 9,11)

Quote Originally Posted by juliejolie View Post
    Well the shipping on average is about $15-$25 alone, but minus that... I find myself spending almost $50-$60 worth but if I find good sales, etc. then maybe less and I always like to get extras. I think I spend a little more cuz I do a lot of online shopping for my buddy too

Disclaimer to who ever gets me I WILL LOVE MY PKG how do I know because you thought of me and that is so special do not stress at all ever

I have no budget really I just go with my gut, I also like to wait for buddy questions. To me i think i love the getting my buddies pkg ready the most. I did ask Mitch if he thought I road to much or if it bothered him he just smiled and said nope cheaper than therapy!
    Last edited by Armygirl76; Fri, Sep 6th, 2013 at 11:43 AM.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away"

"because tomorrow is another day"

Trading Score
    134 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    Doing a wave by been a very frustrating week how I would love to just have a normal job......been closing last two nights and closing again tonight : (
    Basically I see Kayla in the am for a few minutes then not again till 9:30/10:00 then I am so tired I want to go to bed.....
    Any school I have done is basically worthless and feel like I am getting no where of going forward feel like this is a job for an 18
    Then tomorrow I have off and have to go uniforms for Kayla there goes apx 200.00 then I have to use my mom's visa for
    There is my pity party today
    ah sweetie I hope you feel better soon. It sucks when we feel like we are spinning our wheels.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away"

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

THanks that helps more too!

My older 3 started school this week, grade 4 for my twins, and grade 3 for my next. My younger two start JK and SK on Monday. My 6 year old is re-entering school after his asperger's diagnosis last summer, when I then withdrew him for a year of intensive therapies and is repeating SK. Our local school board has doesn't have a great record of implementing their policy on this (not a fan of it either) with budget cuts all the time, so he's joining the other 4 in private school. I'm excited to see how he will do. He's done amazing over the last year, so nervous, but excited!

Then everyone is in school ! Then to expand my work hours, yet still be able to run 2 to various therapies and tutors each week, in addition to doctor's appointments and sports. I just did our fall calender, and it's busy with the younger 2 now in activities!

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Just sent in my wishlist...I have been on Pinterest most of the day so many items are quite specific. Surely, that site will be the death of me. lol
    julesm14, PammieD and chesterjes like this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherWake View Post
    This is my first package train, but what I understand is that there is no spending limit...as long as you do 5 of the items and one in their colour, everything else is filler. But I TOO wonder what is the average people will be spending? Like $20? $30?
    Yep, No limit. You can spend as much or as little as you like as long as you send a MINIMUM of 5 EXACT wishlist items and ONE additional item in the colour of your buddys choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Armygirl76 View Post
    exactly, maybe look at the pkgs from this train might give you an idea of what people send. I can't ever remember a bad pkg lol. I have loved every pkg I've received because my buddy spent the train leghth obsessing about me, and they are always perfect

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/362864-...g-20-a-canada/
    Well said!

I usually set $50 as my spending limit and then try and bargain shop as much as possible so that I can send my buddy more than the minimum. It helps if I have items from their WL in my stockpile but mine is super small so that doesn't happen often. lol

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    Bath and body Works has shea infused socks....I got Julesie ones for the advent train....are they any good?
    Oh those sound good I love bath and body works--omg something else not on my list--pretty much anything from there I like LOL

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I average around the same an have a similar outlook to juliejolie

I freaking love to spoil! And I love package trains!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    wanna swag with me? http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Brianna1980 signed up for ebates yet? if not http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=NPVTwJ63iIs%3D
    if you sign up under me - let me know and a special something will be sent your way!

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

I love the package trains because its an opportunity to really get to know your buddy and be a part of their lives =) I know with every package I've received from the trains, there is always at least one thing that I end up using and down the road, months later (and probably years from now) where I remember and look fondly on that item and remind myself, so and so got it for me. I'm trying to remember all the people who I've received packages from and I feel connected to them... a bond =)
    Last edited by juliejolie; Fri, Sep 6th, 2013 at 03:51 PM.

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I'm going to try and draw names tonight. Possibly send out PMs in the AM.

That way people will have plenty of time to shop the SDM bonus redemption if they are planning to (I know I want to get my buddy something).

Trading Score
    134 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    I'm going to try and draw names tonight. Possibly send out PMs in the AM.

That way people will have plenty of time to shop the SDM bonus redemption if they are planning to (I know I want to get my buddy something).
    Please don't take this wrong.......but I love you! Lol

Page 18 of 102 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread Information