User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: My daughter had the most disturbing dream ..

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Last night , DD who is 4 woke up in screams of terror .. Like huge screams that curl your skin and boil your blood . Usually she'll wake up crying and won't be able to tell me what it was then she'll have a sip of water and go to sleep.
    Not this time .. These screams oh my god she comes running out the bedroom and jumps into my arms and as I'm trying to console her I ask her what it was ... And she said : the d-d-d-devil

What !!?!?!!?! She's never heard, seen or known of the devil. I have no idea how she would know what that is .. Is it even possible for a toddler to dream of somthing she's never heard about ??
    It was so bad DF immediately got up and said she should sleep with me and he moved to the couch...
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    cheekysaver and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, that's awful for her. She must have seen or heard of it on tv - even cartoons mention the devil sometimes.

Just explain to her what dreams and nightmares are in general.

Make sure you have an extra-calming bedtime story tonight!
    tasha313, wolfwoman and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Definately will. It as terrifying

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow, poor girl! Nice DF to!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Does she go to daycare? It might be possible she heard it from another toddler there?
    DS says a lot of things he heard at the daycare and sometimes if a toddler pushed him, he would have nightmares and would say things like "no, please no" in his sleep.

Maybe it is not really the devil we know that she is referring to but something else that scares her but someone told her it's called the devil?

I agree with Natalka that some cartoons mentions the devil sometimes.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

That is what I was thinking too. Was there anything different that happened the last few days, mostly that day, where did she go? what did she see? did she say anything when you asked her about it. Oh so young to have a bad dream like that. My heart aches. Poor little angel. I hope it is not recuring . Did you just move or something different?

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Most kids have bad dreams sometimes... i spent a few night chasing ghosts or whatevers out of the house with a broom... make a label on a can of air freshener... a flavor you don't normally use and call it devil be gone spray... a little shot before she goes to bed (lavender helps with calming) and maybe she will sleep better... if she wakes up in the middle of the night... get the broom! (i made if funny and the kids laughed so hard they forgot they were scared.)
    Redneck Charger likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

BTW i might be tempted to have a sneaky moment and tell your DF that it is the spider and he should get rid of it immediately! hahahaha!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

While I agree it's probably just something she heard from another child. Probably a child that wants to terrify other kids. Has DD stayed over at anyone's house recently? Some parents don't alway screen movies/tv shows that kids watch. I went out one day leaving DS(aged 8) with DH. that night , we went through the same screaming that OP described. Turns out bonehead DH let DS watch Tom Cruise in Legend. She should be fine soon. But if it continues, try smudging her room leaving a window open get all the smoke in every corner of the room and continually say " all negativity leave, only good remains" call me crazy but kids can see things adults do not and adults never take them seriously. Just a thought, what can it hurt?
    thriftygranny likes this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    BTW i might be tempted to have a sneaky moment and tell your DF that it is the spider and he should get rid of it immediately! hahahaha!
    LOOOLLLL L! ! ! ! ! !! !! ! ! ! Most definately !! we have a start .. DF brought home bug spray !

Most kids have bad dreams sometimes... i spent a few night chasing ghosts or whatevers out of the house with a broom... make a label on a can of air freshener... a flavor you don't normally use and call it devil be gone spray... a little shot before she goes to bed (lavender helps with calming) and maybe she will sleep better... if she wakes up in the middle of the night... get the broom! (i made if funny and the kids laughed so hard they forgot they were scared.)
    What a GREAT IDEA !!! Will definately go buy some lavender spray today ! And the broom .. she'll laugh her head off !!

Quote Originally Posted by oscarandme View Post
    That is what I was thinking too. Was there anything different that happened the last few days, mostly that day, where did she go? what did she see? did she say anything when you asked her about it. Oh so young to have a bad dream like that. My heart aches. Poor little angel. I hope it is not recuring . Did you just move or something different?
    Nothing at all.. which adds to the mystery ...

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    try smudging her room leaving a window open get all the smoke in every corner of the room and continually say " all negativity leave, only good remains" call me crazy but kids can see things adults do not and adults never take them seriously. Just a thought, what can it hurt?
    How do you do that ?? It's definately not a bad idea..

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

A smugging is the burning a hand size bundle of whole sage leaves... you blow them our just like incense and it drives bad spirits away. Bad spirits also thrive on fear and bad energy... that is why the broom and the room spray work well too... that and when little kids are scared... they can't think logically to get rid of the fear... a good laugh snaps them out of that state. There is no reason you couldn't cleanse your apartment with the sage ...one thing is for sure... it never hurts to do that. (i am not sure where to get the whole sage in your area)

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

A smugging is the burning a hand size bundle of whole sage leaves... you blow them our just like incense and it drives bad spirits away. Bad spirits also thrive on fear and bad energy... that is why the broom and the room spray work well too... that and when little kids are scared... they can't think logically to get rid of the fear... a good laugh snaps them out of that state. There is no reason you couldn't cleanse your apartment with the sage ...one thing is for sure... it never hurts to do that. (i am not sure where to get the whole sage in your area)
    Ill definately look into it..

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i had a similar situation with my son, who was 5 at the time. He had a dream about someone bad coming into our house, stabbing the dog and putting the house on fire with matches. I have NO idea where he would have gotten this from, although it is quite disturbing, especially all the details he knew. I don't even think he's ever seen a match in his life, nor would he know what its for.

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by spidey46x2 View Post
    i had a similar situation with my son, who was 5 at the time. He had a dream about someone bad coming into our house, stabbing the dog and putting the house on fire with matches. I have NO idea where he would have gotten this from, although it is quite disturbing, especially all the details he knew. I don't even think he's ever seen a match in his life, nor would he know what its for.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information