User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Unsuccessful Coupon Adventure

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

walmart.ca is very inaccurate for prices search Dial soap and look up the prices for the Dial liquid soap refills that are the pouches aloe and spring water.
    Momof3girlies likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

"straight off some boat" "six words of English"

Sorry...but having your coupons denied does not give you the right to make racist comments like that. Can't help but think maybe you were the problem in this situation.
    Mujidah01 likes this.

emg
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kmiecp View Post
    "straight off some boat" "six words of English"

Sorry...but having your coupons denied does not give you the right to make racist comments like that. Can't help but think maybe you were the problem in this situation.
    Agreed
    Thinking of opening an ING account use this number 35728975S1 and both of us get a $50!! dollar bonus.

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

Okaaaayyy...KMIECP and EMG, I am sorry if you took offense to those remarks.

Firstly, the "6 words of English" spoken was an accurate description, a direct and true observation as evidenced by the fact that she DIDNT SPEAK ENGLISH.

My comment about her being "straight off some boat:, yes I apologize for that insinuation that she was a boat person, an immigrant from overseas...I understand that there is a lot of immigration via air these days. And I truly don't know HOW she came to be in this country nor how long she has been here....nor do I care. I have no beef with immigration, assimilation, other cultures etc etc. What I DO have a beef with, and what I DO take issue with is this. IF you barely speak the language, do NOT attempt to get a job in customer service! Do NOT try to tell me you can take my coupon when you can't even SAY the words.

This original RANT (supposed to be a SAFE place, no judginess) was more aimed towards the shi**y customer service at Walmart as opposed to a rant towards minorities. Clearly you've taken offense and for that Im sorry. But that doesnt change the fact that I would never DREAM of moving to India, Pakistan, China, Korea, Guatemala or WHEREVER an attempt to get a job serving people!!!
    Momof3girlies likes this.

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

And for the record, I CLEARLY stated in my rant that I have no issues with foreign languages/other cultures....and for YOU to state that *I* was "the problem in the situation" offends ME.
    You dont KNOW me, you cant JUDGE me...lol
    Momof3girlies, cath007 and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherWake View Post
    And for the record, I CLEARLY stated in my rant that I have no issues with foreign languages/other cultures....and for YOU to state that *I* was "the problem in the situation" offends ME.
    You dont KNOW me, you cant JUDGE me...lol
    Hey Heather.... you're a Scorpio.... which means unless they pay you, birthed you, you birthed them or are giving them access to kissy, you don't need to explain.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherWake View Post
    Okaaaayyy...KMIECP and EMG, I am sorry if you took offense to those remarks.

This original RANT (supposed to be a SAFE place, no judginess) was more aimed towards the shi**y customer service at Walmart as opposed to a rant towards minorities. Clearly you've taken offense and for that Im sorry.
    You need not apologize to me, but to the woman you're making these remarks about. If you're original post was intended to include "no judginess" you need to take another look at what you wrote. There are hundreds of posts on here where people complain about the customer service they receive and this is the first that suggests this had to do with language/race/place of origin. If, in the future, you don't want to come off as a racist (though obviously doesn't seem like you mind)- perhaps you could say something like "I was mad because it seemed like the cashier didn't understand what I was saying" rather than bringing up your racist assumptions about them... Hell, if I were serving you I would probably pretend I didn't speak english too.
    And... just FYI... saying that new immigrants and/or people whose first language isn't english shouldn't be working in jobs where they need to speak to people is just as racist as your original comment. FFS, where do you think they should be working? the plantation?

Sorry if you take offense.

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Hey Heather.... you're a Scorpio.... which means unless they pay you, birthed you, you birthed them or are giving them access to kissy, you don't need to explain.
    Thanks Vesper!
    Momof3girlies, cath007 and vesper like this.

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Sorry you had a sh*tty deal with Walmart, Heather. I, too, find it bloody frustrating when I see something on the walmart.ca site and says there's a deal then go to the store and where the heck is it?! Walmarts customer service is very lack, it needs to be revamped and not to make the customer feel like a criminal for using coupons. HUGS, girlfriend!
    cath007 and HeatherWake like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kmiecp View Post
    You need not apologize to me, but to the woman you're making these remarks about. If you're original post was intended to include "no judginess" you need to take another look at what you wrote. There are hundreds of posts on here where people complain about the customer service they receive and this is the first that suggests this had to do with language/race/place of origin. If, in the future, you don't want to come off as a racist (though obviously doesn't seem like you mind)- perhaps you could say something like "I was mad because it seemed like the cashier didn't understand what I was saying" rather than bringing up your racist assumptions about them... Hell, if I were serving you I would probably pretend I didn't speak english too.
    And... just FYI... saying that new immigrants and/or people whose first language isn't english shouldn't be working in jobs where they need to speak to people is just as racist as your original comment. FFS, where do you think they should be working? the plantation?

Sorry if you take offense.
    Very well said! Thanks for speaking up. I wonder how it's the person who supposedly can't speak English's fault that she got hired, and not that of the person who hired her knowing she could not speak English......
    kmiecp likes this.

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

Jesus christ people... *shaking head, face palm* I've almost had just about enough of the racist insinuations. I am not in any way, shape or form, a racist. My cousin married an man from Iran (I consider him a brother to me), My best friend is Jewish, my daughter is dating a black boy, and MY boyfriend is effing Korean! So take all your insinuations and eat them. Go twist someone else's words...but back the F off of mine. I'm normally a VERY tolerant person, but you've pissed me off. (oh hey, did you see I took the lords name in vain? Maybe Im a blasphemer now too!)
    Last edited by HeatherWake; Sun, Sep 8th, 2013 at 02:15 PM.
    Momof3girlies and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mujidah01 View Post
    Very well said! Thanks for speaking up. I wonder how it's the person who supposedly can't speak English's fault that she got hired, and not that of the person who hired her knowing she could not speak English......
    Hi mujidah, I se this differenly than you. The rant seemed more about the service from the provider and the low quality service she received, AND implied that it's foolish to hire people who can't speak English to serve.

My father employs hundreds of non English speaking people, but would never have them greeting clients.

Its not the immigrants fault, for sure, this poster never suggested that.
    Yahoo!!
    GoddessDigi and HeatherWake like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    89 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Hi mujidah, I se this differenly than you. The rant seemed more about the service from the provider and the low quality service she received, AND implied that it's foolish to hire people who can't speak English to serve.

My father employs hundreds of non English speaking people, but would never have them greeting clients.

Its not the immigrants fault, for sure, this poster never suggested that.
    Yahoo!!

I can see both sides. However, how it is written from both sides does lead to disagreements and issues.

Speak/Write how you want to be treated and you will get it in return
    kmiecp likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by nichols View Post
    I can see both sides. However, how it is written from both sides does lead to disagreements and issues.

Speak/Write how you want to be treated and you will get it in return
    I appreciate all sides point of views. Besides cheap labor, what is the 'other side' to employing people who don't speak English in customer service? Thank you kindly!
    HeatherWake likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information