• 2 Post By GoddessDigi
  • 6 Post By HeatherWake
  • 1 Post By GoddessDigi
  • 2 Post By HeatherWake
  • 1 Post By momgoneawol

Thread: DS in bed with DD

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

For the past 3 nights, DS has been climbing out of his crib (he's been doing that for a few months..) and climbing into bed with DD.
    Until 3 nights ago, he'd always get out, then come to my room, and I'd just put him back in bed. And DD HATES it. If he wakes her up (majority of the times he does), she starts screaming, and I have to go put him back in the crib. Or if she wakes up and he's in bed with her (for who knows how long), she cries, because I guess..it scares her?? No clue, but I have to calm her down.
    Nap time today, he's over-tired/sick, and I tried EVERYTHING to get him to nap (on the couch, in bed with me) so finally, I just put him in the crib and let him cry..but wait, what does he do? He climbs into DD's bed, and cries cause she's not there/there's no blanket (it was on the couch).
    I just don't know what to do with him...
    We are switching him back to a toddler bed (he was in at 6 months-1 1/2, until he wouldn't stay in it), but I'm not sure if that will 'fix' this...
    And I need sleep!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess
    walkonby and torontogal12 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh GodessDigi you have a puzzle to solve there. I look at it as so sweet that he wants to cuddle with his big sis, but yeah, that must aggravate her. I am amazed that he doesn't get hurt climbing out of his crib. I am sure some parent here will have a perfect solution for you, I am too old to remember much of it clearly now, lol!!
    torontogal12 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i notice your son is same age as my daughter and she has been climbing out of the crib for the last two weeks already, and when she wakes up the morning she like to take off all her clothes and diaper too! twice she pooped in the diaper and she was fiddling around with the Sh**, poop was every where on the carpet, wall and bed. no wonder people say "the terrible two". sigh. My 5 year old son was sleeping in the same room with her for two days, and twice my son end up crying running down stairs, saying his sister was throwing stuff at his face. Now my son is sleeping by himself. I sleep with my daughter so I can keep an eye on her in the morning. and just today when I was cooking in the kitchen, she took off her clothes and poop diaper on the sofa. OMG. when i got there, poop everywhere! is there any clothing that a toddler can't take off themselves, I need some here.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Oh my, I'm sorry, but LOL. And your poor son.. At least my only issue is him annoying her. DD loves him dearly, but I guess there's a limit to when he gets that love. :p He is VERY affectionate to her (DD is his life), and I know he does annoy her.. She'll be trying to play, by herself, and he'll just start hugging/kissing her, and she gets soooo mad.
    Very cute, but poor DD. lol

@walkonby
    His crib is drop-side, so after he started climbing out, I dropped it to the floor, so at least he won't get hurt (before, sometimes he would just let himself fall the rest of the way down).
    walkonby and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

lol, Im sorry ladies, but you WILL look back on this and laugh! DIGI, I have no advice, my kids have always had their own rooms. CINPOW, my youngest used to do that too...strip naked in the morning and smear sh**t/pee everywhere. She'd wake up soooo quietly and do it before I heard her through the baby monitor! I started turning her footie jammies backwards! Yes snapping them up the back. She'd eventually wriggled out of them! So the ONLY thing that worked, and yes, Ill admit it here...was DUCT TAPE. I wrapped a strip of freaking DUCT tape around her diaper before bed...she couldnt get THAT off! Saved me every time from cleaning up those morning surprises. If I remember correctly I even sent a praise letter to the DuctTape company and got a free roll...12 years ago!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Omg...though, you do what you gotta do lol. And it's not like the tape hurt her... Just saved your sanity, yeah? xD
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

hehe yes Duct tape really DOES fix ANYTHING!!! I cleaned dried poop out of the spindles of her crib ONCE...only ONCE and then I duct taped that baby!!! ;-)
    abbasgirl and walkonby like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

For the crib you can get those dome covers that don't allow the kids to climb out. For those who like to take their clothes off, try putting a one piece sleeper on backwards, they can't get to the zipper or buttons. Duct tape over the tabs of a diaper also work. Good luck. Don't miss those days.
    gracesmommy likes this.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I don't mind him climbing out in the morning, he just needs to stay in bed until wake up time.
    And if I even thought about trying that dome, he'd scream bloody murder, lol.

Last night was BAD. DS actually only got out twice...but, apparently, my daughter has discovered lying. Every 10 mins, she'd scream he was in bed. I'd go in, nope, still tucked his crib. Oh, and we took 1 rail off last night, replaced it with a bed-rail, so it's even easier to get out..but, he got out less. I think he may just want a 'big-boy' bed...

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

blah blah blah erased...cant figure out how to do it..lol
    Last edited by HeatherWake; Wed, Sep 11th, 2013 at 11:41 AM.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Said can't find server. =/

Thread Information