User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Letting off a little steam...

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Hi everyone,

It has been a bit of a tough week..1st my 5 year old front load washer decided to quit. Fortunately, my DH is really handy and after 5 hours of fiddling around, it seems to be fixed. ( Hint..if your washer "throws a code", take off the panel at the front of the machine, under the door, and on the backside you will find the info for the "repairperson" that explains the codes. Also , find the pump filter and clean it out.) Then last evening, we heard a loud noise almost like a gunshot in the attached garage. We found the right front tire (almost new of course) completely flat. After taking the tire off, we found that the spring behind the tire had completely snapped and drove the sharp point into the backside of the tire, causing it to blow. Thank goodness we werent zipping along the highway when that happened. It could have been much worse. So far the bill will be $600 for 2 new springs (should do the other side too) and whatever the cost will be for ordering in 2 new tires. I haver never heard of something like this before. The car is 11 years old, but is very well maintained. We are very lucky that my DH is very handy, but this was not our plan for this week. Thanks for letting me vent.

PS.....Thursday on the way home, the brakes let go on the truck! Those are now repaired and back to repairing my car...sigh
    This thread is currently associated with: Garage, Spring Shoes
    Last edited by Tweets77; Fri, Sep 6th, 2013 at 02:25 PM.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I feel ya Tweets77! DH car decided to die on him this morning. Luckly it was only down the street from our home. Don't know what is wrong with it yet. DH had it towed to the auto shop and is waiting to see what is wrong with it and of course what the damage is $$$$$ wise. Also, someone stole our lights outside of our house. I know who steals solar lights? They were not expensive, but, still, come on! Hopefully you have a better week!
    Tweets77, Stifler and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Thanks for the kind works saveadollardiva! Hopefully your bill won't be too bad either. Cars are sometimes a necessary evil!
    saveadollardiva likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

aw Tweets77 that is exactly what happens, we are rolling along and BLAM, the washer, the roof, the furnace, the vehicle...I know why you needed to vent. As you say, lucky, so lucky that spring snapped when it did and not while on the road. This rant entitles you to one free " lift up "

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I hope next week is better for you. At least your DH is handy. Mine is about as useless as a box of rocks when it comes to car repairs and or home repairs. But he's good to me so I'll over look his shortcomings

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Oh wow, it seems to be the trend for the month.
    We went to go get the oil changed, and my FIL heard something wrong and...well, ball joint. $150. And still need the oil change. ._. (We'll get that done Friday.)
    And then...DH's laptop charger pin broke! And he was wanting a new laptop, anyway..*sigh* But we had agreed to wait until the holidays..
    saveadollardiva and vesper like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

GoddessDigi, this is off topic but how do you pronounced your daughters name?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    156 (100%)

Tell me about it, fixing car is like fixing teeth, everytime it (car/tooth) gets touched, it costs thousands not to talk about pain, yet it HAS to be done and no one know what HAVE actually been done, just know it works normal after. At the end of the day, they just tell u that it's fixed and here is the bill. At least for car, some hubby can fix it here and there and save some money, unless ur hubby is a dentist, u got to pay big bucks so u can grind afterward.

As for appliances, I know for a fact that they don't make it like they used to. Most appliances nowadays die or showing problems within 5-7 years. I remember back in those days (I am not actually too old HA HA) stove can be used for 20 years and still running fine. The good old days.....

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    GoddessDigi, this is off topic but how do you pronounced your daughters name?
    lol It's Loo-nayse
    Like..Mayonnaise....... (My SIL calls her Mayo...)
    CrazyQT and saveadollardiva like this.

emg
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I feel your pain. Had to pay around 3000 dollars at the beginning of the year because there was something wrong with the motor of my car. Cars are money pits. Hopefully you week will be better .
    Tweets77 and vesper like this.
    Thinking of opening an ING account use this number 35728975S1 and both of us get a $50!! dollar bonus.

emg
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I hope next week is better for you. At least your DH is handy. Mine is about as useless as a box of rocks when it comes to car repairs and or home repairs. But he's good to me so I'll over look his shortcomings
    lol
    Thinking of opening an ING account use this number 35728975S1 and both of us get a $50!! dollar bonus.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bad things comes in 3's....

Good things come in pairs.

But in your case, I am sure in no time good things will more than equal out the bad things.

@Mission.... I totally agree! It's ridiculous!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    156 (100%)

Tell u a secret, mine used to be worse than rocks, more like sand when it comes to car. But it came to a point that we were so broke to fix/keep car, that we were calculating the cost of public transit and parking Vs gas & insurance. DH started to pull himself together (from sand to rock) and go online and watch u tube and see how others do car maintenance. Now he does the majority of services like oil change, tire rotation & balancing, wheel alignment, brake pad change and more. I am starting to think this box of rocks might turn into diamonds !
    Mine is about as useless as a box of rocks when it comes to car repairs and or home repairs. But he's good to me so I'll over look his shortcomings

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    Tell u a secret, mine used to be worse than rocks, more like sand when it comes to car. But it came to a point that we were so broke to fix/keep car, that we were calculating the cost of public transit and parking Vs gas & insurance. DH started to pull himself together (from sand to rock) and go online and watch u tube and see how others do car maintenance. Now he does the majority of services like oil change, tire rotation & balancing, wheel alignment, brake pad change and more. I am starting to think this box of rocks might turn into diamonds !
    I know lots of women who do thier own repairs though watching Youtube..most of that stuff simply requires having the correct tools and some patience..Gender isn't the important part..
    Sunshyne1 likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoddessDigi View Post
    lol It's Loo-nayse
    Like..Mayonnaise....... (My SIL calls her Mayo...)
    I love it! I love both of your children's names actually. good job!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information