Zonny, I've been on a slow burn concerning RBC since last winter. Because hubby still likes the RBC, it's still convenient for me to keep the joint account with hubby there. I did replace my personal chequing account with one from President's Choice. As for my other accounts, I'm in a wait and see mode. While I haven't closed my RRSP account, I'm no longer making contributions (having opened a TD e-series account). I haven't closed my savings account, but I've switched my deposits to a PC savings account. Now, I'm shopping for another credit card so that I can cancel my RBC visa.

Beware of closing registered accounts with RBC as there may be charges that apply. Just for transferreing cash in my RRSP savings account to another bank, they charged me $50, which started me on this journey of switching. No matter how much business I was giving to RBC, they refused to waive it. It's just one of a few instances that pushed me over the edge.

One comment I've heard from the PC associate who opened my account was that RBC delayed payments coming from PC to RBC because of sour grapes of losing customers. I haven't had any problems with money transfers showing up in my joint account when they should, but payments to my Visa have been delayed by about 4 days. I fixed that my making the deposit to the joint account and paying visa from there, but it's a bit of a hassle that I have to go through that. One more reason to stop giving business to RBC.