User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 22 of 22
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Planning on buying a Xbox 360 and need help

  1. #16
    Canadian Genius PurpleBunny89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Simcoe area, Ontario
    Age
    30
    Posts
    7,831
    Likes Received
    5823
    Trading Score
    454 (100%)




    DH doesn't actually have any games for his 360. Once he plays them and beats them he trades them in to get a new one.

    My concern is though once the xbox one comes out and the games aren't compatible with each other won't they stop releasing new games for 360 and only release new games for the one console because why would you release two of the same games right? Or am I wrong in this thinking and there would still be new games released for the 360?
    Insert Clever Signature Here

  2. #17
    CaLoonie Midnyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    124
    Likes Received
    2
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    There is some life still on the Xbox360...but you are right in that eventually the development of xbox360 games will die down and companies will only focus on the XboxOne. But for the remainder of this year and I would think also the next year...there will be plenty of games still in development for the current generation.
    Last edited by Midnyte; Mon, Sep 16th, 2013 at 12:00 AM.
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.
    Contest win(s): hopefully there will be more ....
    Official Winner Energizer Canada Xbox360
    Coca-cola Zero FansFirstGame: BruinsvsLeafs

  3. #18
    Smart Canuck uanoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    1,615
    Likes Received
    1737
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)




    There is another discussion about the comparison on New X-box and PS4 in this forum, you can check that too for some information.
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    Thanks guys, had no idea there was a "new" one coming out. Whats the difference between this new Xbox and the current ones available?
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

  4. #19
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    1,561
    Likes Received
    3086
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    DH doesn't actually have any games for his 360. Once he plays them and beats them he trades them in to get a new one.

    My concern is though once the xbox one comes out and the games aren't compatible with each other won't they stop releasing new games for 360 and only release new games for the one console because why would you release two of the same games right? Or am I wrong in this thinking and there would still be new games released for the 360?
    They will produce XBox 360 games for a while, but eventually, games will only be released fro XBox One. How long that takes will depend on how quickly buyers switch to the new systems and on the game developers. So once that happens, your dh would need to buy used games.

    My dh bought an original Play Station, used, back in 2003 or 2004 to replace the original Nintendo system that he had that finally died. Even though the PS2 was already out, he was able to find lots of used PS1 games. He happily played those until the PS3 was released in late 2007 and I gave him one for Christmas.
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.

  5. #20
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,928
    Likes Received
    5928
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    The topic at hand is Xbox. Not a computer, Not a PS whatever. Xbox. Thats it. No other system input needed. Thanks.
    Actually the topic on hand is XBox 360 ..you are the one who started straying off topic by asking questions and wanting to know about the new Xbox one or Xbox two or Xbox whatever.

    Stick to the topic of Xbox 360 yourself and then expect others to do the same.

    Don't ask questions about Xbox One ..its a whole different beast..no input on that is needed

    Just stick to Xbox 360 ..Thats it ..nothing more - nothing less.

    Thanks

  6. #21
    Canadian Genius PurpleBunny89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Simcoe area, Ontario
    Age
    30
    Posts
    7,831
    Likes Received
    5823
    Trading Score
    454 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Actually the topic on hand is XBox 360 ..you are the one who started straying off topic by asking questions and wanting to know about the new Xbox one or Xbox two or Xbox whatever.

    Stick to the topic of Xbox 360 yourself and then expect others to do the same.

    Don't ask questions about Xbox One ..its a whole different beast..no input on that is needed

    Just stick to Xbox 360 ..Thats it ..nothing more - nothing less.

    Thanks
    Uhh actually I had no idea there was a new Xbox coming out so it is completely relevant to my topic of wanting to replace a 360.

    The topic was Xbox. Thats it. Its also my thread so I can ask the relevant questions I want whether it pertains to xbox elephant or xbox purple. I don't want to hear about input on getting a computer, PS whatever or any other gaming system for him to play games on since I'm only interested in whatever Xbox has to offer.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

  7. #22
    Canadian Genius PurpleBunny89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Simcoe area, Ontario
    Age
    30
    Posts
    7,831
    Likes Received
    5823
    Trading Score
    454 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Midnyte View Post
    There is some life still on the Xbox360...but you are right in that eventually the development of xbox360 games will die down and companies will only focus on the XboxOne. But for the remainder of this year and I would think also the next year...there will be plenty of games still in development for the current generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post
    They will produce XBox 360 games for a while, but eventually, games will only be released fro XBox One. How long that takes will depend on how quickly buyers switch to the new systems and on the game developers. So once that happens, your dh would need to buy used games.

    My dh bought an original Play Station, used, back in 2003 or 2004 to replace the original Nintendo system that he had that finally died. Even though the PS2 was already out, he was able to find lots of used PS1 games. He happily played those until the PS3 was released in late 2007 and I gave him one for Christmas.

    Thanks for the info guys. I think what I've decided is to either take it apart and clean it ourselves or take it to someone to clean and hopefully that will create another year or two of life for it and then we can go from there.

    No point getting a new 360 if in a few years there won't be any new games released for it. At that point DH can decide which systems he would like.

    I know with electronics its the coolest thing to keep coming out with new ones so everyone can upgrade and people who create them can become rich but DH and I are "old school" in the fact that once we buy something we like it to last a long time. Sometimes creators make this difficult for consumers to do by not making systems/games "backwards compatible".
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •