User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: QOTD: Tues 10 Sept: The Smartphone

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    The Lady and I have a similar rule, which we enforce with family and friend as well when they are over.
    We have a soft cushiony pad (kind of like a mouse pad) that sits right beside the key dish by the front door. Keys in the dish, and phones on the pad (on vibrate, we don't want to here the 'ding'). Only phones not on vibrate are our phones.
    What kinds of parties are you two having?!?
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jina View Post
    I agree, kids nowadays spend too much time on their phones.
    and the computers/laptops in their bedroom....but this is another topic which deserves its own thread lol.
    even phones and TV's in kids rooms are something i don't understand.

the child has no good reason for needing so much privacy

yes, i am a mean mom *muahaha*
    Jina, Natalka, Lynn49 and 5 others like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    What kinds of parties are you two having?!?
    i said dish...it'd be a whole new ballgame if i had said a fish bowl for keys
    anisa and Lynn49 like this.
    DANGER

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I just got a Blackberry about a month ago because it was free with my contract but I don't have a data plan or anything like that . I rarely check it and don't play games it really is for emergency purposes only.

I must admit though that after having a Nokia P.O.S for 2 years before this one I can't believe how fast I learned all the functions. I never learned half of what my old phone could do because it was so hard. This one I think I had it all covered in about an hour
    anisa, Lynn49, danger_dan and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    I highly doubt that they worked their ass off to pay out of pocket for a class they don`t pay attention to.
    Then they should put their phones away as per the instructer's request...period.
    Lynn49, danger_dan, ticul and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Then they should put their phones away as per the instructer's request...period.

You`re right! I wasn`t standing up to them.

All I`m saying is most kids straight out of high school have Daddy pay their way through college/uni.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I highly doubt that they worked their ass off to pay out of pocket for a class they don`t pay attention to.
    You would be surprised.

All of the teachers and issuing warnings about it. Very common.

Oh and then there is facebook usage while on their laptops in class.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

You`re right! I wasn`t standing up to them.

All I`m saying is most kids straight out of high school have Daddy pay their way through college/uni.
    Your right on with that statement, the ones that are paying their own way will be more likely be the ones respectful of the rules!! We made our kids take out student loans for their education, if they didn't get a good grade point average they had to pay the loan off, if they did we covered the loan.We felt this was good incentive to do the best they could.Out of 3 of the kids that went one decided that partying took priority so she was stuck with paying for her first year of her education. she has since decided to put an effort in. I guess one out of 3 isn't bad!!!
    anisa, abbasgirl, Natalka and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    You would be surprised.

All of the teachers and issuing warnings about it. Very common.

Oh and then there is facebook usage while on their laptops in class.
    better than facebook usage was the girl who sat in the middle of a small classroom (25 students max) watching anime.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    even phones and TV's in kids rooms are something i don't understand.

the child has no good reason for needing so much privacy

yes, i am a mean mom *muahaha*
    If you are a mean mom I must be Satan Mom!
    My poor kids. I make them play outside on their bikes, they only have so many toys. Lots of books and craft stuff. The wii is community property and they have to share it, same with the tv and my computer and iPad are off limits unless we are out somewhere boring.
    anisa, Lynn49, walkonby and 3 others like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

That reminds me... i need to charge my "smartphone" it has been dead Jim for a few days. Someone needs to smack windows for calling it a smartphone in the first place... the apps are hard to get... you can't get the good apps i want like checkout 51 or price matching apps... nope can't get it... it is awful to get pics and vids off of it... i had to look up how to do it on youtube... oh yeah and i just bought it in the spring. Maybe someone else has had a different experience but don't recommend the windows smartphone. (i should have known by the windows symbol i know i know!!!)
    anisa, danger_dan and ticul like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alicia View Post
    better than facebook usage was the girl who sat in the middle of a small classroom (25 students max) watching anime.
    Now that my daughter is done school i should ask her if she did that... i am betting there is a yes LOL
    danger_dan and alicia like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

wow Dan, not everyone owns a cell phone....DH and I have never had one, don't want one either. Smartphone?? I disagree, I think they make this next generation of young people stupid! ok my rant is over. lol
    anisa, abbasgirl, Natalka and 6 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I still have an old basic cell phone, which doesn't text or anything. I don't even keep it turned on. I just use it to call out if I'm away from home or I leave it on for a few hours if someone needs to call me and I've made arrangements with them to call me on it. My landline phone is also very basic - just buttons, no display window.
    I find the loss of meaningful interactions between people really sad. I read an article recently that was written by a wedding photographer, who can't even take a wedding photo anymore without at least one person (usually several) in it taking a video with their phone. She was lamenting the fact that people are no longer really enjoying and engaging in the wedding celebration because they're focussed on taking a video.
    anisa, Natalka, Lynn49 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Abbasgirl, I see that all the time at weddings...I just want to say: People! Enjoy and be present in THIS moment!!! Yes, take a pic or two to remember the ceremony, but really....that's quite enough...there is a professional photographer present...stay out of his or her way, the couple are actually PAYING him or her to be there!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information