User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Declining quality of Fruit of the Loom Underwear.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by idonovan View Post
    while i believe the poster about quality would not washing and wearing a garment cause the weight to change and vary?
    Yes it would. It would reduce the weight as the product wears, meaning the reduction in weight is even more profound than the scales revealed.
    idonovan likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Buddyboy546 View Post
    Thrifty Granny: I am really amazed at your comment. When I buy a shoddy product from a retailer, my complaint, legal and otherwise, is with the retailer. No shopper can be expected to follow through to the plethora of companies behind the sale of any given product or the chain would never end. It's a well established principle of retail that the retailer is responsible for the product they sell.
    The only point I was trying to make is that before complaining to Walmart you should have contacted Fruit of the Loom to see what types of changes they have made to make their product lighter.It could be a lighter blend of cotton poly for example, resulting in comparable wear and durability.An excellent example is thermal underwear, my husband and son are avid outdoors men and the weight of the their long underwear has decreased significantly over the years and they are warmer and wick sweat more efficiently.why? Because the materials are improved and ever changing.I just feel before you complain to Walmart know what you are complaining about. At the end of the day it is Fruit of the Loom that needs to change if the product is substandard.

You have a problem with the product not the store and this product is sold in many different ones and underwear are nonreturnable thank goodness, so the only resolution to your problem would be to contact the manufacturer.By all means if the underwear were defective (seams not sewn or wrong size in package) then make a complaint to Walmart. I don't see how calling Fruit of the Loom takes more time than calling Walmart and then waiting for their reply. I didn't intend on an underwear debate but to each there own, but why waste Walmart's time until you find out if there is a problem or they have changed the product for the better. I think Walmart gave you an acceptably response.
    On another note I am glad that when you had a problem with Peak Freens cookies coming in smaller packages (another rant you posted) you directed your complaint to the manufacturer not the grocery store or wherever you bought them.Essentially the same argument.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Sat, Sep 21st, 2013 at 09:05 PM.
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

After the original message to Fruit of the Loom followed by two reminders over a six week period that a reply was still awaited, I today received a telephone call from a Fruit of the Loom representative calling from Toronto. A most cordial lady, she indicated she was unaware of any reduction in weight, expressed concern for my viewpoint and promised both to pass the matter on and also to get back to me with the result. As she indicated she was unaware of any weight reduction or other change which might result in such a reduction, I offered to mail back an old pair and a new pair of underpants to demonstrate the point. She told me that would not be necessary. I now await a further response and will post when I have one to hand. Although it took the company the longest time to even acknowledge receipt of my complaint, and perhaps realizing from my reminders that I was not going to go away, they now seem to be in the responsive mode which is good.
    hijinx25 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good for you!!!

I'm glad you offered to mail her your undies

I am sure she enjoyed your conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddyboy546 View Post
    After the original message to Fruit of the Loom followed by two reminders over a six week period that a reply was still awaited, I today received a telephone call from a Fruit of the Loom representative calling from Toronto. A most cordial lady, she indicated she was unaware of any reduction in weight, expressed concern for my viewpoint and promised both to pass the matter on and also to get back to me with the result. As she indicated she was unaware of any weight reduction or other change which might result in such a reduction, I offered to mail back an old pair and a new pair of underpants to demonstrate the point. She told me that would not be necessary. I now await a further response and will post when I have one to hand. Although it took the company the longest time to even acknowledge receipt of my complaint, and perhaps realizing from my reminders that I was not going to go away, they now seem to be in the responsive mode which is good.
    hijinx25 and i_forget like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

After the passage of another two and a half months, I have heard nothing further from Fruit of the Loom. I conclude that they have deliberately reduced the weight and quality of their garment for the sake of their own profits at their customers' expense. If they had reformulated the composition of the material as an earlier poster had suggested, they would have been quick to point it out. Cheaper brands are now more attractive. Why support a company that does this and simply hopes complainants will lose interest and go away?
    Decaf likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I would go to Marks, denver hayes has amazing quality.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by krrosell View Post
    I would go to Marks, denver hayes has amazing quality.
    Thanks. I will give them a try. If Fruit of the Loom read this they will see they have lost a customer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information