Like Tree15Likes
  • 7 Post By CanadianCouponCollector
  • 1 Post By seylz_gurl
  • 1 Post By ancarett
  • 2 Post By padfoot
  • 2 Post By CanadianCouponCollector
  • 1 Post By Lavender Lady
  • 1 Post By lilo0003

Thread: Not an exciting brag, nor any pics, but...

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

This weekend I took advantage of a LOT of sales, and spent two days in the city, including an overnight at a hotel. Had to get both kids their fall/winter clothes, shoes, backpacks and jackets. Also had to replace my iPhone. It was long and at times stressful, but over all I got a bunch of good deals and there isn't much left I will need to buy for the next few months.

First stop- Value Village for clothes for DD. She was so happy with the load of dresses she found, and my son found a few things as well! Yay! I have never spent $100 at VV before, but only because we never find that much in their sizes. Score!

Then Old Navy to use my super cash, Swagbucks gift cards, and a new email I received in the morning for 50% off any one item. They also let me get the 10% off everything because I brought my reusable ON tote. I bought $120 worth of clothes and shoes for the kids, and paid $50. I forgot to pull out my Air Miles card, and she forgot to ask me, so I'm thinking of emailing AM head office to see if they can help me out with that.

Made a few stops for a few t-shirts and a sweater and backpacks within the same mall and made sure to show my SPC to get 10-15% off items that weren't already on sale.

BOGO 1/2 at PayLess Shoes along with my SPC and a welcome email I'd received got me 3 pairs of shoes and three packs of socks for $80.

A run into the bookstore for the book I've been waiting two years for, and the hardcover was 40% off! SCORE!

At this point, DD had a meltdown, and ended up sick from it. Popped in to my favourite hotel and asked if they had a room available. When told the price, I asked if they had anything a little less expensive. She went down another $10. I asked if breakfast was included, and was told no, but she asked if I was a CAA member and nodded her head at me as if telling me to say yes (I am not). I said "yess..?" and she said ok great I can give you this rate, then. After she handed me the room key, she told me to go relax and get DD cleaned up and she'd send a few extra towels to our room. So fantastic!

Today I got my phone replaced and bought an Otterbox. it wasn't on sale, but if you knew me, you'd know this was my smartest purchase all weekend.

At WalMart, I got a bottle of sale Tide ($1 coupon), 6 hair dyes (6x$2 coupons), Bounty and Charmin ($2.50 coupon), and 6 Children's Tylenol (6x$2 coupons). Those coupons said one per person, so I did multiple transactions. At that price ($2.97 ea) I didn't care.

RCSS was my last stop, and while I only used $21 in coupons, I saved a lot by price matching.

I shouldn't need to buy much else between now and Christmas, and everything I bought was at it's rock-bottom price. That makes me very, very happy.

Thanks for reading!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

nicely done...you had a very busy w/e.
    oscarandme likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

The Otterbox is a really smart investment. Autistic DD has one and it has saved her iPod about a million times!
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (89%)

nice shopping trip...i am jealous...i was on vacation all week...went shopping almost everyday and did not find anything...i cleaned out my closet two weeks ago and now i need new clothes...nothing interests me lately...i think its because i am turning 40 and my tastes are changing...(that is my excuse for everything lately) i am having a hard time with this...

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Wow, that sounds like an eventful trip! I didn't realize hotel rooms could be used for that reason too!

What was the book you were waiting two years for? I'm curious now that you had mentioned it without a name/author!
    "Expecto Patronum!" - Harry Potter

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by padfoot View Post
    Wow, that sounds like an eventful trip! I didn't realize hotel rooms could be used for that reason too!

What was the book you were waiting two years for? I'm curious now that you had mentioned it without a name/author!
    We were considering spending the night in the city anyhow, but when I was told I had to come back today to have my phone replaced, a hotel was a necessity. But the fact that DD had been sick all over herself I'm sure helped us get a bit of a discount and some sympathy towels. lol

The book is "W is for Wasted" by Sue Grafton. I have read them all since high school when I did a report of "A is for Alibi" in grade 9. Right in love with the main character.
    padfoot and oscarandme like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

What a fruitful weekend--hectic, but you accomplished alot. Nice deals!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

you were busy and super productive. made me tired just reading all the activity.
    oscarandme likes this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Don't mess with a girl on a mission. I need a tylenol and nap after reading about your weekend.

I hope your little one is feeling better and you certainly accomplished and surpassed what you set out to do. WTG to you and your little family. Thank you for sharing with us.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Interesting to read your shopping adventures. I was wondering both why you didn't just use a public washroom and the name of the book but got those answers Now you got me wanting to read the book series too!
    The best things in life...aren't things

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

A very busy weekend indeed. Love the Old Navy deals. Great brag!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You pulled it off OP! And saved a lot too... You are an example for your kids on how to save and make good deals. Thank you for posting.
    freedomslink.com , a cool homepage!

Thread Information