User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: The Chocolate Class Action lawsuit

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

and like i said, it is just like the danone, people signing up even if they never bought it

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm sorry you got such a negative response on the last post. I personally am not interested in filing a claim, but that does not mean this is not a reasonable issue.

What people don't understand is that you're not posting this to tell everyone to file false claims to get money.

You're posting this so people are informed.

It's very frustrating. A company participated in practices that purposefully misled the consumer. The customer (although unknowingly) was hurt, and this is a way for the customer to receive restitution for a wrong that was committed against them.

Whether you are participating or not, it is wrong to make others feel ashamed for wanting to file a claim. We have no right to judge the truthfulness of others.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig_Lover View Post
    My original Hersey post received a lot of negative response. This is precisely why I do not post anything here anymore. But here is one more, and it is my response to one of the SCer's who had numerous opinions to share.

How isthis not real? Is the CBC and CTV lying to all of Canada? It is very offensivethat you are stating I am spreading lies and encouraging a scam by posting theWikipedia link to help people with their memory because Hersey makes so manyproducts that are not labeled as Hersey. Is the average consumer really awarethat Reese's and Cadbury are actually Hersey products?

Cadbury is actually part of Kraft. Has nothing whatsoever to do with Hershey.
    lecale likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Tue, Jan 20th, 2015 at 10:52 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Be aware that Hersheys produces *some* Cadbury items on licence in the US only. If you did the SDM Cadbury offer, those purchases probably do not qualify.

I think this rebate is targeted at retailers not consumers (although the odd consumer will qualify)
    I agree that it is more for retailers, given that it's for a large sum of money in a 2 year period (if it had been for the entire 7 year period they were accused of, I would file a claim).

For those interested in learning more though, there is an FAQ on the claim website, that also mentions what products qualify.

http://chocolateclassaction.com/Faqs...N#FaqQuestions
    lecale likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Your always going to get negativity no matter what you post that's the way the world is we just need to accept that . I personally don't but their products because of different valid opinion but I do love Cadbury one of the few choc bars made in Canada . Also you will get people that will file false claims and personally I don't think we should get that upset they know they are stealing and only they can change that . Thanks for the post

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Tue, Jan 20th, 2015 at 08:39 AM.
    MillieH likes this.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

I'm not really sure what this is about....but if i bought chocolate I did so very willingly and didn't frown at the price and devoured and loved every morsel.....no regrets
    ....just be happy

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
    I'm not really sure what this is about....but if i bought chocolate I did so very willingly and didn't frown at the price and devoured and loved every morsel.....no regrets
    any pricefixing has nothing to do with end consumers, chocolate bars in every store cost us the same anyways, the only people this would concern is the stores that bought the chocolate bars wholesale at a fixed price instead of the chocolate companies being competitive with eachother..

so im not even sure why they are giving "civilians" the chance to get any sort of refund.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

"Price fixing" affects everyone. Yes, even civilians aka the consumer. Even on sale, chocolate has been expensive for a very long time and Ludwig_Lover is justified in bringing this information to everyone's attention. Not everyone is in "the loop" all the time. I just hope to see the pricing changed back to a "reasonalble" level. Perhaps i am dreaming.
    luckbealady likes this.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

"Price fixing" affects everyone. Yes, even civilians aka the consumer. Even on sale, chocolate has been expensive for a very long time and Ludwig_Lover is justified in bringing this information to everyone's attention. Not everyone is in "the loop" all the time. I just hope to see the pricing changed back to a "reasonable" level. Perhaps i am dreaming.
    tobiwobi likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I appreciate when people post anything that they hear of. If I don't like it, or it doesn't affect me, I move on...don't know why people are being negative towards you for posting this - that's what this site is for. Thanks for bringing the information to our attention and don't pay attention to any negativity....people will be negative about anything and everything anyway!
    MillieH and tobiwobi like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

People are prolly being negative torwards OP because he/she is posting that people do not know the facts when OP is posting a number of inaccurate facts.
    1. It's Hershey, not Hersey.
    2. Hershey does not manufacture Cadbury products, Cadbury Adams Canada Inc. does, along with many many other products - they're part of Kraft.
    3. The suit involves more than just Hershey - 4 companies actually, Hershey Canada Inc., Cadbury Adams Canada Inc., Nestle Canada Inc., and ITWAL Limited (a distributor)

This case does apply to consumers. It is applicable to Cadbury products sold at SDM (but the big point grab Cadbury bar thing does not fall within the dates!)

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/busi...ction-lawsuit/

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle14361922/
    renegado, lecale, tobiwobi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Well frankly they should be punished by as many people as possible filing a claim, and that is my opinion. OP please do not take it personally when others have different opinions, appear to attack you personally or respond when they do attack you. These large conglomerates push out smaller players and then get together and inflate prices. In my perfect world everyone would be filing a claim. The settlement is a drop in the bucket for these companies, and it's coming from money that they illegally profited through price fixing and shouldn't have in the first place. I don't care who bought chocolate, everyone likely consumed chocolate products.
    renegado, nessa23 and luckbealady like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information