User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: So where are the real soup spoons?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

try a restaurant supply store, they have all kinds of things you can't buy at a regular store. We purchased ( a long time ago) shrimp cocktail bowls, and very large wine glasses. Also...maybe Williams Sonoma they may have them as well. Worth a try...good luck

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Buddyboy546 View Post
    This is one of my long-standing gripes. If you go into a restaurant, whatever level - fine dining or less, and you order soup, it comes with its own special spoon, a round, deeper type called a bouillon spoon. Why? Because that's the right tool to eat soup, simple. So, why is it so hard to find bouillon spoons anywhere, and I mean anywhere? Try department stores, specialty kitchen stores, dollar stores selling loose cutlery, anywhere. Look at all the cutlery sets sold in boxes, even the most expensive kind. Some of those have rarely used fish knives and forks, but never bouillon spoons.

As soup is such a standard, staple dish, why is this? It's one of life's mysteries. Exceptions prove the rule and I know you can likely find them at restaurant supply stores wherever they might be. Why is it so hard to buy proper soup spoons in Canada????? Yes, we do eat soup using dessert spoons, but that's wrong and why restaurants do not use them.
    OMG!! I cannot believe DH and are not the only ones who had this complaint!! After searching high and low at every possible store, we considered asking Swiss Chalet if we could buy a few of theirs, then realized they are engraved with their logo. The closest we have come to getting something acceptable was at Christmas time last year at Homesense, we needed them for the first course we were serving for dinner, but DH was alone and cannot remember now what he paid for them. They are not perfect but the best we could find. Maybe check them out.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

what i can't find anywhere.. is a parfait spoon (small spoon head very long handle) you get plastic ones at DQ many many years ago when i was a kid my parents had one but my sister stole it when she moved out before i could snag it
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

They've moved away to a place with sporks.....however....when we were cleaning out my grandmothers place we came across a stockpile of soup spoon......my husband laid claim to them.....I think he has a moment everytime he uses one!
    thriftygranny likes this.
    ....just be happy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The purpose of starting this thread was to highlight the total absence of soup spoons here in Canada. I have long since acquired all I need, imported from Scotland with the help of a friend there. I know there are many ways around it such as restaurant supply stores, importation via eBay and so on, but the whole point is why is such a basic item almost totally absent from normal retailers here in Canada?
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Asian stores has em
    try a china town esp if u r In GVA

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Completely understand... a soup spoon is so nice to have. I had to thrift mine from the local Sally Ann because I could not find any on their own or in a set. Maybe you can find some at the second hand stores?
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

There's quite a few options on Amazon. From individual sellers but as long as they have good ratings on their store front you're ok. I buy from individual sellers all the time on Amazon...

Brasilia Collection Round Soup Spoon 12 pc Set
    http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B003ZJN4Q0/r..._am_ca?ie=UTF8
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

PS I can't believe Amazon wasn't mentioned already lol. It's my go-to for everything!!! Lmao
    FallenPixels likes this.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

My utensil set is from IKEA. I got them years and years ago, and was there this past summer and they still sell the same set, so I got another 2 sets!

Here's an old link to them, the price is still verrrry cheap, although then you're getting the whole set.

http://smartcanucks.ca/ikea-canada-2...-set-only-499/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I don't think I've ever owned a soup spoon! They're cool though :D! I usually just use a "big spoon" (whatever the technical name is for the ones slightly larger than the "small spoons")

haha!!!

now i want some soup spoons though. those wonton spoons ARE awesome! i think i've been missing out on some of the soup eating experience
    Last edited by r0c0upons; Sun, Dec 22nd, 2013 at 10:49 AM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

any time I've bought a set of cutlery, I've always looked at the spoons. Contrary to what my hubby would say, I have a small mouth. I use the smaller spoons for everything from soup to dessert. The 'big' spoons are just too big for me and I hate having to eat soup from a soup spoon. I have to slurp from it or spill it in order to attempt eating from it. not a great look in a restaurant

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

After ordering a couple of sets online that showed round spoons but sent pointed ones (all returned) I found mine at Lowes of all places, a set of 12 for about $20 on sale
    I checked and they still sell them http://www.lowes.ca/flatware/cuisino...2_g764244.html

They don't match my set but are actual soup spoons
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    what i can't find anywhere.. is a parfait spoon (small spoon head very long handle) you get plastic ones at DQ many many years ago when i was a kid my parents had one but my sister stole it when she moved out before i could snag it
    For the life of me, I cannot remember where I bought mine, I know it wasn't online - but they were called iced tea spoons.

http://www.amazon.ca/ICED-TEA-SPOONS.../dp/B0033XX5H6

WM shows fountain spoons
    http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/hometren.../6000120014087

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I have also seen them listed as Irish Coffee spoons
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information