Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By GoJays
  • 2 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 1 Post By lll111

Thread: Jeans

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have a pair of jeans which I bought about 1 to 1.5 years ago. The jeans are guess brand and have gotten a hole at the top of the back pocket making them unwearable. I contacted guess through their website but the response I got was that they could only do something if I bought it from their website otherwise to take it to the store I bought them at. I bought these jeans at the bay and obviously do not have the receipt.

The hole is not from normal wear and tear, especially at this location, and I have never had this happen before.

I am a little upset that guess is not dealing with the problem directly since it is their product. I am not sure if I want to take the jeans to the bay, because most likely the sales rep on the floor will not know what to do with something that is sold 1 to 1.5 years ago.

Am I expecting too much that a pair of jeans that I bought for around $80 should last a bit longer or should I just think of this as a defective product that I happened to buy and leave it at that.
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, The Bay

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

just get rid of the damn thing, if it's causing you so much grief

it's only a pair of $80.00 jeans.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow, cranky much??... Some people can't afford "just $80 for a pair of damn jeans" if they're going to turn out to be disposable. If I spend that much I'd expect them to last me for years. I'd keep pestering them with your problem, hopefully you can eventually wear them down. Although I did have a problem with a Columbia jacket a couple of years ago and they didn't even bothering to respond to me even after two emails to them. At least you got a response from them. Sorry I couldn't help more, but good luck to you. Let us know how you made out.
    c_mcarthur and GoddessDigi like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lll111 View Post
    I have a pair of jeans which I bought about 1 to 1.5 years ago. The jeans are guess brand and have gotten a hole at the top of the back pocket making them unwearable.
    Michaels or Fabricland should have a denim jean patch kit that will help. Ask the employees at the store and they should help you locate it. Maybe bring the jeans with you so they can see and make suggestions.

Something like this:
    http://www.amazon.ca/Singer-Denim-Ir.../dp/B000FNG2K4

If the kit doesn't work perfectly, you can still wear the jeans with blouses or shirts that cover the top of the pocket area where the hole is. Lots of styles like that.

Good luck.
    GoJays and sweetmomma like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi Shwa Girl, Thanks for your heads up. $80 pairs seems costly for me.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    just get rid of the damn thing, if it's causing you so much grief

it's only a pair of $80.00 jeans.
    ONLY $80? Shoot, $80 is a lot for a piece of clothing. I agree with GoJays, at this price they'd better last until my kid is in high school. I'm surprised at this comment, especially on a site that is dedicated to finding good deals and SAVING money.
    I few years ago, I had purchased a pair of Buffalo Jeans with a retail value of $100 (original tags still attached). I found them for $10 at Liquidation World, and they were the best fitting jeans I have ever owned. I expected that they would at least last 3 years, considering that even my Walmart jeans last that long and I hang everything to dry. Not a chance. I had worn them only a few times when the button popped off. That's fine, I can fix that. Then within a few weeks, one of the belt loops developed a hole where it meets the seat of the jeans. Patched that up, too. Then a few months later, a hole in the crotch, of all places (this never happens with my other jeans! The knees always wear out first because I play with my kids on the floor). Two years later, not only are they not donation worthy, they are now used as rags. I'm so glad I didn't pay much for them, but I'm still ticked that I got a piece of junk when I thought I was buying quality. That's probably why they were at Liquidation World... *sigh*
    Anyway, getting back to the original comment: that mentality just allows corporations to take advantage of the consumer. And far too many people just sit back and tolerate it. I quote Macklemore in Thrift Shop: "I call that getting swindled and pimped [...], I call that getting tricked by a business". Well said, sir.
    Last edited by dizzyb; Thu, Aug 29th, 2013 at 01:36 PM.
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks for the positive comments, the company has built a reputation hence they are charging what they are. I expect them to stand by there name and quality of clothing, I am further pursuing this issue with the corporate office, otherwise next time I go to the mall I will take the jeans with me and see what they say at the bay.
    GoJays likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i dont understand the expectation that an "expensive" brand should last long.
    ie. ipods , you buy them for the brand name, when you could just buy a cheaper mp3 player for a fraction of the cost that does the exact same thing
    and ipods die all the time.

also, you say it is a hole, not that the stitching came loose?, so it is normal wear and tear, you sat on something sharp , and they got a hole...how is that the companys' fault

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes these are some cons of online shopping websites that after you bay the product their responsibilities are over. Now you have no way because you don't have any receipt but be care full for future shopping.

Thread Information