• 1 Post By shmeelady
  • 2 Post By shmeelady
  • 1 Post By mcon
  • 1 Post By QueenH
  • 2 Post By Chantel
  • 1 Post By mcon
  • 1 Post By mcon
  • 1 Post By Durham Couponer

Thread: P&G 6.00 coupons plus others (best way to use them and their combinations)

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I need some advice please regarding the best way to use these coupons:

You know the ones from P&G about buy certain products and save 6.00 and all the individual ones like 1.00 off Bounty Rolls, 1.00 BountyNapkins (also 50cents), Puffs and Tide, Bounce and others. (I think they came from packagings), got them from a coupon swap.

I cannot figure out the best way to use these and would love any suggestions/advice. Someone from Ottawa West posted a little while a brag that was for about 9.00 with Bounty Towels or Charmin and a swhole bunch of other items? and it was crazy. I printed the brag to study and cannot find it. The coupons are good till September 30 and I would love to be able to use them properly. RCSS I believe was where the SC member made her purchases but any advice on combinations of any products on these coupons and where the sale is would be sooo appreciated for this weeks sale.

So the best way to use these coupons and where is what I am wondering.

Thank you for any advice.

Cannot find the member name who posted this thread.
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS
    Last edited by oscarandme; Mon, Sep 23rd, 2013 at 12:44 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As of Sept 20 P&G coupons cannot be stacked even with other coupons. I spoke with an employee (she is a couponer) that told me as of Sept 20 P&G coupons can no longer be stacked. A memo/email was sent out to all stores across Canada. This is from save-ons policy.
    "Stacking is permitted
    Each coupon applied to one item, must have a different UPC
    Effective Sept 20, 2013 Procter & Gamble Inc. (P&G) vendor coupons can no longer be stacked, even if they have different
    UPCs"

That's too bad!!
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

My plan of attack for these coupons would be simple. BUT it depends on what your walmart actually carries and what your needs are...

Charmin Ultra 4 pack $1.88
    Bounty single roll $1.38
    Puffs plus lotion single pack $1.99

Total would be $5.25 which leaves you with $.75 to put towards taxes.

**edit to add** is it four products or three products that you need to buy?? I've never seen or had one of these coupons so I am not sure lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Last edited by shmeelady; Mon, Sep 23rd, 2013 at 10:16 AM.
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Oh also. I have been using the $1 wub2 bounty towels or napkins for a while now. My best way of using them is when walmart has their dura towel single rolls on sale for $1. Comes to $.50 per roll after coupon IMO that's a great price as it works out to $3 for a 6pack.

torontogal12 and oscarandme like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yeah, P&G is no longer stackable at SoF.
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    My plan of attack for these coupons would be simple. BUT it depends on what your walmart actually carries and what your needs are...

Bounty single roll $1.38

**edit to add** is it four products or three products that you need to buy?? I've never seen or had one of these coupons so I am not sure lol.

If its the coupon I have then the plan above would not work unfortunately because it excludes (single roll, 4 roll and single packs).
    There is a zehrs sale on for the Charmnin 16 dbl rolls and a bonus bounty pack of 8 rolls at $5.99 each and if available at WM you can pm the sale and grab a bounty napkin pkg of 100 for $1.99 (I think). That would be 5.99x2 + 1.99=13.97 - 6= $7.97.
    To me thats a good deal for all that paper.
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

OP lives in Ontario and the person whose brag she was looking at was from Ottawa, so I don't think stacking comes into play here since nobody out east has SOF or LD and has never been able to stack.
    torontogal12 and oscarandme like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    OP lives in Ontario and the person whose brag she was looking at was from Ottawa, so I don't think stacking comes into play here since nobody out east has SOF or LD and has never been able to stack.
    oh yeah, thought they were saying use them all, as in stacking.
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

That is correct I do not have a Zehs either (booo)!! but the scenarios are excellent because those are brands that I love but could never afford and for once I know I have good coupons and only 2 sale weeks to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

That is exactly the one and no Zehrs...But you are giving me an idea of scenarios and prices for these items that are good. So many sizes and rules and stuff. There should be a thread just on these coupons..sheeshhh. May I ask where they are from? are they inserted in TP or Paper Towels of their line?

There are soooo many...

Tide, save 50 cents "any Tide Product".
    Tide Boost, save 1.00 "any Tide Boost".
    Puffs, save 1.00 "excluding single packs".
    Head and Shoulders, save 2.50 when you buy any H&S shampoo and conditionner (excl. trial size).
    Downy/Bounce, save 50 cents "any".
    Charmin, save 1.00, *excluding 4 roll".
    Charmin wipes Freshmates, save 50 cents.
    Bounty Napkins, save 50 cents.
    Bounty Towels, save 1.00 (12 rolls or bigger).
    Duracell Batteries any (Duracell Coppertop or Alkaline Batteries), save 75 cents.

*the one in question was this one:

Save 6.00 when you buy :
    1 Bounty excluding single roll,
    1 Charmin exlcluding 4 roll,
    AND
    1 Puffs (excluding single packs product.

*and another one is:

Save 2.50 when you buy two of the following brands:
    Bounty Towels (6 rolls or larger),
    Tide Pods (13 count to 40 count),
    Cascade Action packs (not applicable to trial size, special pack or bonus pack).

*and another one is:

Save 3.00 when you buy 2 products from the following brand:
    Bounty excluding single roll,
    Charmin excluding 4 roll,
    Puffs excluding single packs.

See what I mean, there might be more, these are the ones I got and I would offer to share but not much time left to share. But these come out every so often I guess and scenarios for best deals/prices I think might be helpful to other members too that is why I thought I might ask.

Thank you so much everyone for taking the time to figure out and and offer scenarios. My brain just can't do it.. too many rules...Yikes...
    Last edited by oscarandme; Tue, Sep 24th, 2013 at 03:44 AM.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

You are really good at this...thank you for your suggestions Shmeelady!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post

Bounty single roll $1.38

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

You are exactly correct, that is the one. Your scenarios give me an idea of what to look for and as Shmeelady said, plan of attack. I just need to find the right PM now. Thanks so much for your advice. You are really good at this too.....wish I had these skills to do this...I just can't do it...

Quote Originally Posted by QueenH View Post
    If its the coupon I have then the plan above would not work unfortunately because it excludes (single roll, 4 roll and single packs).
    There is a zehrs sale on for the Charmnin 16 dbl rolls and a bonus bounty pack of 8 rolls at $5.99 each and if available at WM you can pm the sale and grab a bounty napkin pkg of 100 for $1.99 (I think). That would be 5.99x2 + 1.99=13.97 - 6= $7.97.
    To me thats a good deal for all that paper.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

does ontario have IGA ?? over here in BC they have cascades paper towel for 1.99 (still on sale for 3 days), theres that $2 off any cascades pdf.....tax only
    oscarandme likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh I have those $6 coupons too. I think they came from Bounty packages. I didn't use them because they you had to find some really good sales on all the products to justify it. So if anyone in the GTA/Durham, ON want them PM me and you can come pick them up before they expire on Monday LOL.

The Charmin may be good on ANY product, depending on which version it is. Go to Walmart and look for the Charmin $1.00 toilet seat covers. The "any" Tide is good on the travel Tide packets (3) at Walmart, I can''t remember what the price was.

I don't think the higher value coupons from P&G, where you have to buy more than 2 items, are usually worth it. You are generally better off buying on sale individually with a coupon. P&G has made it very hard to use their coupons- all you see is no, no, no you can't use it on THAT product. Target had stackable coupons for a lot of P&G over the summer and that was great. Hope they do that again.
    oscarandme likes this.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I know right..that is why I wondered if it was me not working it out..which I would have staked my life on, that that was the case. But I think you need to be brand loyal to efficiently use these coupons or the planets allign and you find a four leaf clover and you just won the lottery. These coupons are nicely marketed and pretty to look at till they expire.

Quote Originally Posted by Durham Couponer View Post
    Oh I have those $6 coupons too. I think they came from Bounty packages. I didn't use them because they you had to find some really good sales on all the products to justify it. So if anyone in the GTA/Durham, ON want them PM me and you can come pick them up before they expire on Monday LOL.

The Charmin may be good on ANY product, depending on which version it is. Go to Walmart and look for the Charmin $1.00 toilet seat covers. The "any" Tide is good on the travel Tide packets (3) at Walmart, I can''t remember what the price was.

I don't think the higher value coupons from P&G, where you have to buy more than 2 items, are usually worth it. You are generally better off buying on sale individually with a coupon. P&G has made it very hard to use their coupons- all you see is no, no, no you can't use it on THAT product. Target had stackable coupons for a lot of P&G over the summer and that was great. Hope they do that again.

Thread Information