User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: September 25. Only 3 months till December 25 -- Christmas! Start saving now.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    you must save quite a lot of money then. Many do not feel they can opt out of the gift giving no matter how painfully expensive or redundant...... it rears it's ugly head every year.
    i know right! i don't like wasteful spending.... besides i don't get invited to many holidays parties
    so gift giving isn't expected and if i do give the odd gifts.... it's usually a re-gift.
    coupon girl and Candini like this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Shoppers Drug Mart Redemption for Christmas - Usually get majority of everyone on my list done for under $50
    http://frugalkris.blogspot.ca
    Check it out for my couponing, freebies and money saving experiences!
    Twitter @FrugalKris

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I`m excited for gift giving this year with my new job! A lot of babies and kids in the fam so everyone is going to get clothes! (I`m the boring/cheap Aunt.)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I shop thruout the year -see items cheaper buy themn for that special birthday ,xmas, or just because gift
    Angela273 and Shwa Girl like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    O.k. Don't yell at me. This is good news.

You have 3 months to save for Christmas (if you celebrate this holiday).
    And you don't have to go into debt too. If you start taking a tiny bit from each paycheck and put in the bank, by the beginning of December, you should have a nice amount for shopping.

So no need to use the credit card.
    No need to have to pay credit card bills in January.

http://www.680news.com/2011/12/14/su...for-christmas/

Shwa Girl, you freaked me out with this thread but it's a good one. I don't have a whole lot of shopping to do, we're all at the age where we don't do gift exchanges. I only have 3 (sometimes 5 if I see the other two) small cousins to shop for and honestly they usually get so much stuff, we don't get them too much. Depending on what you're buying and who you're buying for, I find it's best to shop year round.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tonight I am gathering all the stocking stuffers and seeing what I need still!

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Aside from doing something really great for my mom, I'd prefer not to do any gifts this year because I went all out last year. But I just know when it gets closer to the season I will want to go shopping. I thought I had already decided on no gifts this year but this post got my wheels turning. Now I'm thinking of people I need to get gifts for like my roommates -- well thanks for the reminder to start saving

PS this is the best advice I've ever gotten (originally from my Aunt). Save a little bit each month and when the time rolls around it won't be a burden.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm with you there, and I stopped giving "big" gifts a few years ago. Except for a few exceptions, the gifts I make are the usable or perishable kind, like home made food (cookes and/or preserves), chocolates, and/or christmas ornaments. None of those gifts are expensive. In November, most drug stores will start selling the small boxes (45g?) of Lindth chocolates for $4 or $5 depending on if it's on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke_ View Post
    Aside from doing something really great for my mom, I'd prefer not to do any gifts this year because I went all out last year. But I just know when it gets closer to the season I will want to go shopping. I thought I had already decided on no gifts this year but this post got my wheels turning. Now I'm thinking of people I need to get gifts for like my roommates -- well thanks for the reminder to start saving

PS this is the best advice I've ever gotten (originally from my Aunt). Save a little bit each month and when the time rolls around it won't be a burden.
    Brooke_ likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    I'm with you there, and I stopped giving "big" gifts a few years ago. Except for a few exceptions, the gifts I make are the usable or perishable kind, like home made food (cookes and/or preserves), chocolates, and/or christmas ornaments. None of those gifts are expensive. In November, most drug stores will start selling the small boxes (45g?) of Lindth chocolates for $4 or $5 depending on if it's on sale.
    I like to give homemade food gifts as well. Chocolate bark is one of my favourites to give. It's cheap, easy to make and there are so many possibilities with it.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I'm already mostly done! Found such great deals at the end of August. Gift for DH from SDM redemption. Gift for mom from Bay clearance dept,. Gift for friends from a jewellery sample sale. Just dad and bro to go for me. It'll cost me less than $200!

DH's family on the other hand... pfft. Will cause me stress.

Thanks for the eye opener, Shwa!

@Candini OMG clock is ticking!
    Angela273, Shwa Girl and trishka like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

its just me, dh and the kids. parents dont' want anything. probably take them out for dinner.
    I started back in June. quite proud of myself. Will have my cards done by the end of the month.
    two weeks later i'll have my house decorated. i've already pinterested all my 'treats' i'll be doing for the trays im doing up for friends. I should be well under $100 for everything!!!
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    Will have my cards done by the end of the month.
    really organized

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I appreciate that Shwa.. unfortunately there is reasoning behind my being ultimately organized this year more than before.
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by trishka View Post
    I like to give homemade food gifts as well. Chocolate bark is one of my favourites to give. It's cheap, easy to make and there are so many possibilities with it.
    And I made saltine toffee candy last year that were a bit hit.
    BuggaBugga and trishka like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    its just me, dh and the kids. parents dont' want anything. probably take them out for dinner.
    Quite a few places have a Christmas brunch in my town. That may be an option depending on who much you want to spend. It's a nice treat for everyone, including the cook in your house.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information