User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: September 25. Only 3 months till December 25 -- Christmas! Start saving now.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Right now I'm thinking more about eating delicious Christmas food than giving/receiving presents. :D
    Get good karma by joining Tellwut surveys under me!

Be a Smart Canuck! Check out: Canadian Paid Surveys

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

just bought a few more xmas presents yesterday -baby sock .89 for her stocking-bath and body works got 2 candles there (used a receipt spend 30.00 save 10.00) so got the candles for 9.00 each -large ones after the coupon - for my daughter and daughter-in-law(I use the glad candles I get cheap for me)shirt for hubby from old navy for 10.50 reg 32.00 -but gave it to him know cause we don't exchange gifts at xmas
    Angela273 and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    but gave it to him know cause we don't exchange gifts at xmas
    Christmas in October --nice idea!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I start putting bits of money away during the year and stick it in a envelope marked "Christmas". When it's time to buy gifts, I take that envelope and only use that money for presents. Plus I set a budget per person. Sometimes I have gone over my budget, maybe 5 dollars per gift. It feels good to know I won't be in debt once the holidays are over.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toban View Post
    Sometimes I have gone over my budget, maybe 5 dollars per gift. It feels good to know I won't be in debt once the holidays are over.

Oh yeah. Sometimes PC Financial and ING have a little "savings war" and offer 2 % on new deposits for a limited time. That would really help to grow the Christmas savings.
    Angela273 and blueeyetea like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Found another gift for my son.. a plaid shirt with corduroy cuffs and color so 'sic' looking. reg. $20. on clearance for $5!
    my kids always get a new outfit each xmas. sometimes new shoes if i can find them on a good deal..
    so far jeans, shirt. $10 total each.
    PLUS i got them an extra shirt .. duck dynasty.. they luv this show.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Great buys.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    PLUS i got them an extra shirt .. duck dynasty.. they luv this show.
    I think there are going to be a lot of Duck Dynasty Hallowe'en costumes -- a lot of people like that show too
    Angela273 and blueeyetea like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My dad's side of the family has a tradition of an adult gift exchange of $50...which might change this year after an upcoming discussion at Thanks Giving. We are all put on a list and the list shifts by one person so that you buy for a new person each year. My dad is one of 6 children, so there are quite a few of us on this list.

My younger siblings are ages 19, 17, and 11. Dh and I buy something for them each year...about $50 each. We now have our own 13month old son, so not really sure how much longer we will be buying for my younger siblings. It gets quite expensive, especially since we are the ones who always travel 5hrs to visit my family. Dh's family lives even further away. Dh and I somewhat exchange gifts, but what we buy just depends on the year. It is usually things that will be useful. Dh's birthday is Dec 28th, so I often buy him a big combined present. I have no idea what we will be buying our LO this year. I need to get him a Christmas stocking...we were at my mom's for Christmas last year.

I really enjoy baking and typically do extra around the holidays. I am a chocolate lover.

We have never gone into debt because of Christmas...even when it sometimes costs more than anticipated. (especially when traveling to visit family)
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Oct 6th, 2013 at 12:21 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    We have never gone into debt because of Christmas...even when it sometimes costs more than anticipated. (especially when traveling to visit family)
    Angela273 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love all the tips in this thread!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I received my MOST wanted xmas gift yesterday.. a little early.. but very much loved. will probably be used 100x over before xmas too..
    its a Kitchen Aid mixer. PRO series 600. with the lift bowl.. her name... is..
    Pearl! (well thats what her color is.. so im sticking with it)
    if i dont' get anything else.. ima happy happy happy..
    although i'd love a few stocking stuffers.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    .. her name... is..
    Pearl! (well thats what her color is.. so im sticking with it)
    if i dont' get anything else.. ima happy happy happy..
    although i'd love a few stocking stuffers.
    Pearl

Congrats on the early gift

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I have picked up half my granddaughter's gifts so far saved 5.00 on a toy for her -coupon spent 10.00 save 5.00-nice denium jumper and top clearance from the summer -gotta shop like that for sure and cute summer skirt and bop top for only 4.10 at end of summer clearance at childrens place a few weeks back -before she was born
    Angela273 likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've been trying to think of what to get my mom for Christmas (and her birthday as it is shortly after Christmas), and I think for both, I'm going to make a donation to a couple of charities that she would approve of in her name and get her a big container of an assortment of nuts, because she loves nuts but doesn't usually buy them for herself. She doesn't need "stuff" so I thought she might like and appreciate this. Now to figure out my brother...
    Angela273 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    My dad's side of the family has a tradition of an adult gift exchange of $50...which might change this year after an upcoming discussion at Thanks Giving. We are all put on a list and the list shifts by one person so that you buy for a new person each year. My dad is one of 6 children, so there are quite a few of us on this list.

My younger siblings are ages 19, 17, and 11. Dh and I buy something for them each year...about $50 each. We now have our own 13month old son, so not really sure how much longer we will be buying for my younger siblings. It gets quite expensive, especially since we are the ones who always travel 5hrs to visit my family. Dh's family lives even further away. Dh and I somewhat exchange gifts, but what we buy just depends on the year. It is usually things that will be useful. Dh's birthday is Dec 28th, so I often buy him a big combined present. I have no idea what we will be buying our LO this year. I need to get him a Christmas stocking...we were at my mom's for Christmas last year.

I really enjoy baking and typically do extra around the holidays. I am a chocolate lover.

So the gift exchange on my dad's side of the family has changed this year. They have decided to do a Chinese gift exchange that includes only the people attending Christmas this year. You have to spend $50 on a gender neutral gift. Dh, LO, and I will not be attending Christmas this year because dh's company has a black-out period for 2wks around Christmas where you are not allowed to book any holiday days. This results in dh having Christmas day and boxing day off, which fall on Wednesday and Thursday this year...not traveling 5hrs each way to visit family.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information