User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: MAXI - RDP limiting coupon use because of shelf clearers

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

So my favorite Maxi stunned me with this news this morning.

I shop in RDP Maxi & Cie exclusively because they are knowledgeable in PMing/coupon use. This morning when I went one of the regular cashiers stopped me before I even started putting stuff on the belt and said she was calling the manager to explain the new coupon rules, I said ok. Figured it might be limits. I can deal with that. Manager comes tells me it's 2 items only from now on with coupons because people were coming in a clearing the shelves and she had complaints from "regular" customers. She said the coupon shelf clearers were getting ridiculous . Ok that made me feel a little awkward. I said that's not my problem, I had 3 Degree Men's , 5 Degree woman's and 15 Lever 4 packs (which they had about 60 on the shelves) and no shelves were cleared by a longshot.

She says new policy 2 items, I said ok I will go and PM at Walmart and Target then, she said I will have to do that. So the cashier says to me are you taking the other Lever, I said no. SO this is where is gets weird, I can buy the 15 Lever but I cannot use coupons. ??? This makes no sense. I said to her well you've lost me now. It used to be a one stop shop for me but I guess I will find another place to shop. The cashier was even confused by this policy. Funny enough people were buying cases and cases of Unico oil so I said to her what about the oil everyone is buying? The guy at the next cash and 18 of them, she said but he has no coupons. I was dumbfounded.

Anyhoo I will be writing to the head office but I wanted to know if anyone else encountered this policy at other Maxi's or is this just the RDP one making up rules. Thanks for listening.
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Maxi, Target, Walmart

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

Stupid policy from a coupon hating manager. Good for you for writing a letter fingers crossed head office will tell them it is dumb.
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

There always someone that has to spoil it for the rest of us
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

This is bad and sad
    Hi! I'm a shopaholic... hum no, scratch that, I'm a dealaholic!!!

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I would definitely write to head office. I've known a few Maxis to invent rules like that and the next week it's different.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I wrote them today so we shall see what their reply is.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Oh no!!! That is too bad. Especially a store you like and are comfortable with. I have a feeling this is going to start happening more and more.

I look forward to hearing what they(H.Q.) Have to say about it and especially about the other customer with the oil. Thank you for sharing Patty and good luck. (Yuk!!!)
    tasha313, cath007 and Shwa Girl like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarandme View Post
    Oh no!!! That is too bad. Especially a store you like and are comfortable with. I have a feeling this is going to start happening more and more.

I look forward to hearing what they(H.Q.) Have to say about it and especially about the other customer with the oil. Thank you for sharing Patty and good luck. (Yuk!!!)
    Limits are o.k. by me however, make clear concise rules for everyone and please raise it to limit 6, 2 is just a joke. We are 6 in the house 5 adults, 2 doesn't cut it. I buy in 10's for the most part. 15 if it's something we really need and use all the time like the soap.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Limits are o.k. by me however, make clear concise rules for everyone and please raise it to limit 6, 2 is just a joke. We are 6 in the house 5 adults, 2 doesn't cut it. I buy in 10's for the most part. 15 if it's something we really need and use all the time like the soap.
    No Frills at Townline in Oshawa did the same to us - limit the number of coupons that can be used at that store. That was 2 years ago.

I asked the cashier to get the manager.
    He was not working that day.

I asked for the person in charge.
    She came and said said yes, they were limiting the number of coupons.

I told her I was using 6 coupons for 6 items and there were at least 50 left on the shelf.
    She said I still could not use the coupons.

I asked if this was posted at the door or in the No Frills coupon policy.
    No.

I asked why you would ambush the customer at the cash and why the customer had no warning whatsoever upon entering the store.

She shrugged.
    Shrugged!?!? Nah-ah. You can't make it up a policy for one store in a chain, and not tell customers!!!!

Guess who has not shopped at No Frills Oshawa Townline for two years +?
    Guess who price matched the No Frills flyer at Walmart and used the 6 coupons?

Me!!

Last edited by Shwa Girl; Fri, Sep 27th, 2013 at 10:23 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Our maxi already limited the coupon zone at 1 per custumer ,familly this summer and even before but at least we can stack a manufacturer and coupon zone togheter it took long time too,and the great idea is the coupon is on front of the product,but still empty pads...it is worst at Loblaws they are still at the entrance like maxi used to be before..I hope that what you announce will not be the next step for others maxi.I taught all maxis should have same guiding rules,and I am wrong.I know Pharmaprix and Loblaws limited the item at 3 when we have a sale but it is not that bad,that suck for you and the people couponning on there,another case of shelfish people who ruined for others with abuse.
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Oct 4th, 2013 at 11:36 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Funny enough people were buying cases and cases of Unico oil so I said to her what about the oil everyone is buying? The guy at the next cash and 18 of them, she said but he has no coupons. I was dumbfounded.

Seriously,that one make me sceptic,it is ok because they are paying full price and because we use coupons we are less important...ummm....no....also I Wonder if the factor of not having the cash money now and have to get the refund process as a part in that?More trouble?I see some reasons behind the argue she give it to you but I can be wrong.
    Patty Smyth likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    218 (100%)

That is so true. The same happened to me at my favourite Pharmaprix this week. The head cashier who knows me as a frequent customer said that I'd see a limitation posted starting from next week because some people abused the system and made tons of photocopies of the smartsource coupons (all came out with the same pin and the store lost their money)
    Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    There always someone that has to spoil it for the rest of us
    Last edited by innaor; Sat, Sep 28th, 2013 at 10:27 AM.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

That's the problem with stores limiting items people go in with large amounts of coupons at one time.I usually have never go shopping with less than $20 in coupons so i will broke up my shopping in 2 transactions even if i have to go back in the store it works for me
    cath007 likes this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

What's the update on this patty?
    cath007 likes this.
    Cause I'm a princess thats why!!!

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

any update ??