User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Brooke_
  • 1 Post By s.hamandi

Thread: RUDE parents!!!!!!

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Every Saturday I take my 4 yr old dd to swimming and she loves it. Today I had a birthday party for her since Nov 29 was her birthday and I had a small gathering at my moms. Neways she finished swimming and I took her to wash her hair in the shower and there r 5 showers next to eachother my dd got shampoo in her eyes and started freaking out I had my towel on a hook next to her so when she's done she can cover herself. She ran to the towel and cleaned her eyes out which is 2 steps away she went back and there was someone else that took her spot I told the mother that she is using it and she's not done. She told her son to leave okay great. Then my dd did the same thing went to get the towel again and she's crying she has it in her eyes. She still has shampoo in her hair, the same boy took her spot AGAIN!!!!! I told the mother she is not done! She is wiping the shampoo from her eyes shes STILL has shampoo in her hair!!!! She is like ur daughter is playing wait for him to finish I told her NO. She is not done she was wiping the shampoo and was crying and I told the boy to leave and wait for my dd to finish she made her son stay and said ur child is playing going back and forth she's like look there is a empty one go to it. I said great there is a empty one YOU GO TO IT MY DD IS USING THIS ONE!!!!! then she started talking about me to other parents look at what this lady is doing blah blah. I am like great parenting talking about parents to other parents good job u must be proud of urself. She told me to mind my buisness I told
    her IT IS MY BUISNESS WHEN U R TALKING ABOUT ME TO OTHER PEOPLE!!!! and I made sure I got the shower back!
    I am usually pretty calm but now a days I am dealing with difficult people and I am not letting people take advantage of me anymore!!!!
    Thanks for reading
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

your daughter is 4 and she is already bathing and washing hair by herself?? if that is so, your daughter is amazingly smart. because my son who is 5 can't even stay in the shower himself for more than 2 mins. my goal is to train him to bath himself by age 7. i started to bath myself when I was 6.

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

She wants to be independent since she sees all the other kids doing it themselves but I usually do it at home or check her while she is doing it

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sounds like the other mom wanted the same thing as you, for their child to hurry up and get clean! I wouldn't let something like this ruin my day, nor would I get into an argument like that with a stranger. Maybe she should have controlled her son better though since you did inform her of what your daughter was doing!
    Happy Birthday to your daughter btw!
    DianneS, mom3kids and saavygal1234 like this.

senior canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (96%)

Exactly I would nt start an argument with a stranger too.As these community centres are for every one..you just cant reserve a spot.

I have taken my kids to swimming classes as well and just feel that we should express our patience and give the right of way to others.So this whole experience would be delightful for me and kids

p.s Sorry if my opinion is different than yours...also I dont like my kids to take bath in public so mostly we do it when we get home.

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Now that it finished I know i should of kept my cool, she was insisting my dd was playing when she clearly wasn't and I was standing still right infront of the shower usually I am patient and always make sure my kids wait and ask the parent if they were done before using it. But she can't just stick her kid where she feels like it and talk about me infront of my face to others that's what got me upset. We waited to use the shower just like everyone else.
    Brooke_ likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I believe common sense for the other woman should've have just walked away! Even if your daughter had to get soap out of her eyes and you told the mom clearly that she wasn't done with it she should've walked away instead of trying to keep your spot. So sorry that happened.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think you are right.

It was obvious that your DD had soap in her eyes and what you were doing.
    The woman is obviously one of those people who thinks that they are right and that no one else matters. Probably one of those people who just let their kid do whatever they want and does not correct any bad behaviour or bad manners.

Good for you for standing up to her.

I know that it sounds like it is small, because it is just a shower, the point that the woman was inconsiderate towards you and your daughter and then had the nerve to blame you and talk about you just shows what sort of person she is.

I personally would have done the same thing. She probably would not have cared, but simply saying something like "I hope you remember your rudeness and inconsideration towards me and my daughter when someone treats you and your child in the same manner." could have really left a bit of a kick to her ego.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

i am assuming that you brought your own soap or body wash from home. if she left for a second to get a towel I assume she left some personal belongings in the shower. (the soap or bodywash bottle and possibly a cloth or scrubbie) so not only was it rude to jump in like that its kind of creepy that they went back in and then made a fuss about it.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is the first time I have seen this woman usually i mind my buisness finish what I have to do and leave. But this is the first time I have confronted someone like that I usually brush things off. But she was just making false comments and I showed her she is not done. I stand with my daughter at the shower with all the stuff. But she didn't get the point. If i left the shower area and came back and started fighting that would be a different story but I didnt move anywhere. I useto see peoplw fighting for parking spots and thought thats so dumb just find a different spot but now I TOTALLY understand how they feel and will not judge anymore.
    You want to teach your children manners and wait for your turn and don't cut in line, but sometimes u have to stand up for yourself and say thats not right and have your children also stand up for themselves not have people take advantage some people that's what they do take advantage of people's weakness

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That woman is a bully and tried to bully you into getting what she wants. Then talking over your head. Good for you for standing up to her.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kidsteph View Post
    That woman is a bully and tried to bully you into getting what she wants. Then talking over your head. Good for you for standing up to her.
    I agree! I applaud you for standing up to her and in the process giving your DD a valuable life lesson!

Thread Information