User Tag List

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree644Likes

Thread: 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

... and it's already a meme!

Anton Gafarov, a Russian skier, crashed early in his run today and broke his left ski. He continued his race with the broken ski, before Canadian ski coach Justin Wadsworth gave Gafarov his ski, allowing him to finish the race.
    anisa, TaraF, Patty Smyth and 3 others like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 02:31 PM.
    anisa, Patty Smyth and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

^ yikes, that's nasty.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

ok i just googled "sochi usa door"

oh man, looks like someone panicked!

couldn't he have gotten down low, and said "excuse me, can somsone help?" through the vents at the bottom? lol
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 02:31 PM.
    anisa and Patty Smyth like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Actually the half pipe was in horrendous conditions from what I have been reading, fantastic for the athletes that did well with it but the conditions were not ideal at all. I guess that is what seperates the men from the boys. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/snowboa...183637062.html
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Tue, Feb 11th, 2014 at 08:56 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Just finished watching the women's slopestyle skiing - anticlimactic because I knew we got gold and bronze - but, wowsers, seeing them in action is absolutely amazing!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Actually the half pipe was in horrendous conditions from what I have been reading, fantastic for the athletes that did well with it but the conditions were not ideal at all. I guess that is what seperates the men from the boys. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/snowboa...183637062.html
    I saw an interview earlier today with Shawn White who said the pipe was in great condition earlier, and said that he hoped it would be the same for their later runs. His falls were consequences of his own actions, and he owned up to them so far, but fellow boarders were less generous of course, blaming the course for their failures.
    It's called: "adapting to conditions" boys! Whiners.

I was surprised at our Canadian pairs being in 6th place with their 'bobbles' in their routine; so unlike them. But I have to reluctantly hand it to the Russian pair in first place (can't remember their names)...they were flawless and they performed so beautifully under so much pressure from their country to win gold!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Just finished watching the women's slopestyle skiing - anticlimactic because I knew we got gold and bronze - but, wowsers, seeing them in action is absolutely amazing!
    I hadn't watched much slope style skiing before this and I agree it is fantastic to watch, I have always been a snowboard girl because that is what my kids do. The skiing looks like the difficulty level is harder especially on the rails. The fall that Yuki had was hard to watch she just bounced off the nose of the jump, looked very painful.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Wed, Feb 12th, 2014 at 12:05 AM.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I watched Alex Bilodeau's Gold medal performance whenever it was (th days are meshing together now lol) and saw him rush over to his brother, Frederic, who has cerebral palsy. Frederic is paralyzed and Alex just grabbed him up in a bear hug lol. I read a few articles tonight and it seems that Alex has since captured the hearts of many with his devotion and love of his brother, and that moment has been dubbed one of the highlights of the games. Amazing.

Name:  ale2.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  45.9 KB

Name:  alex3.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  60.6 KB

Name:  alex.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  32.5 KB
    Last edited by TaraF; Wed, Feb 12th, 2014 at 12:22 AM.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Molson beeer fridge opens for Canadian passport holders only.

There are a few things Canadians get theirs chests puffed up about when it comes to nationalism, and the Olympics manages to combine almost all of them into two highly patriotic weeks. They are, in order of importance, hockey, beer and manners. And the ad above from Molson Canadian does a pretty great job of snagging all three, and also pulling strongly at our notion of Canadians as global citizens. In an ingenious bit of marketing originally released in honour of Canada Day, Molson Canadian (which, it must be pointed out, is owned in full by bi-national company Molson Coors Brewing Company) created a fridge that apparently only opens when a Canadian passport is inserted into its scanner. Then, and only then, will the door open to reveal shelf upon shelf of cans of Molson Canadian, which can be duly shared with the surrounding crowd.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I've seen that ad on tv, it's very cool.

The new ad is Project Indonesia

http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/ottawa-man-...pics-1.1674042

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Women's hockey, second period, Canada vs USA-hustling on ice! USA scored on Power Play so was 1 ahead of Canada's 0. Will see what's left of the game online. It seemed the hockey teams made more noise than the spectators unless a scrimmage was going on around a goalie's crease.

Two referees-the blonde one gets into the fray when needed. She only has the helmet and not as much gear as the players. She must be brave to insert herself between tangled arms! Noticed she is also doing the bulk of the talking. Brunette referee is getting between players but not talking to anyone except other referee.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Johnny Quinn, US bobsledder, who broke the bathroom door, had to show up for an NBC interview. It was reported that he tried calling to his teammates who did not hear him before he resorted to the door bust.
    I saw that he was on an elevator with two others recently and the door would not open. Yet someone had a cellphone snap of Quinn trying to pry doors open. Hope Quinn has an interest in building inspection-he might have the talent to go far if he learns Russian building standards (translated docs for a fee of course through a Moscow company).
    BlazingDriver likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Our Canadians beat the US women at hockey just now!! It was exciting! When USA pulled their goalie with 2 min left and scored that was scary. Then too many players on the ice for Canada with less than a min left.
    It was right down to 10 seconds left before Canada cleared the puck down the ice, whew!! Great first win for them over USA I think.
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Feb 12th, 2014 at 09:49 AM.
    Patty Smyth and thriftygranny like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information