No-Overspending November

Maddens
    Momma
    "No Shave November"?
    How about "No Spend Novemer"??

LuvToUseCoupons
    Remember to be Frugal
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Thu, Oct 31st, 2013 at 11:06 AM.
    cath007 likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Goals/Challenges for October

MrsSunshine
    organize pick up of all items needed for upcoming event--
    DONE
    make project for it myself.--DONE
    finish shopping for and make 5 other baskets for event.--DONE
    conquer paperwork regarding son's OSAP.--
    DONE
    get front yard/backyard ready for winter.--
    DONE
    clean out car/vacuum one last time before winter--probably do before end of weekend
    clean all house windows.--also do this weekend
    hopefully cleaning BOTH duvets (2 in 1) at the same time.--Might conquer this one on my own next week.
    work on getting a few more gifts and SS. -- DID ACTUALLY PICK UP A COUPLE MORE.

cath007
    organize
    be happy
    Sorting-classing-all my coupons,make trades for those I dont use and exchange for those I will use.
    Class all my coupons as soon as I receive them,purchase hockey cards at dollorama for that,make a trade list,planify more my shopping and meals.

PammieD
    1. Attack one room/section of the house per day now that Alexa is in daycare.
    2. Get at least 20 hours/wk of consulting work (or a FT job).
    3. Book 4 Epicure fundraisers to happen by Christmas time (at $5/kit profit for the organization, I can't see it being too hard to complete this goal because the kits are great for xmas etc, but I'm a HORRIBLE introvert when it comes to selling people on something and cold calling etc so...). We'll see.
    4) use the drying rack for laundry 50ish% of the time
    5) Make 15 trades in the month

jasperandchar
    1. Strip paint off ds#2 dressers and apply stain and/or varnish (carried over from September's goals)
    2. List items on facebook pages to sell -
    DONE - just need to keep bumping
    3. Pressure can meals (chili, turkey, ground beef) whatever is on sale meat wise
    4. Make pickled red cabbage (pressure can)
    DONE - Sunday, Oct. 6th
    5. Pick 3 more bushels of apples and can
    6. Minimum 15 coupon trades during October -
    4 trades already
    7. Restart Sunday baking (with our without ds)
    8. light candles at night vs. lights on (I enjoy this and so does my Hydro bill)
    9. Travel into city with dh 1 time a week while he's working while the weather is still good for coupon hunting & awesome sales in the city
    10. $1.00 or less per item or do without (exception of meat)

thriftygranny
    1. paint 2 bedrooms and
    2.the trim on the main floor of my house and
    3.get some more sewing done.
    4. I also need to organize all my husbands hunting pictures so I can make him a photo book for Christmas!

SassyAshley
    1 - Complete the bathroom stockpile clean up - This is a carry over from September which I did not get done, my goal is to get this done this week and have it done by the end of the weekend - Done with the exception of under the sink which I plan to work on tonight as well as take all the extra to the basement
    2 - Finish the basement stockpile - I have a lot of stuff still in bags or boxes that needs to be inventoried and a home found for - Have not started hoping for this weekend
    3 - Get back to meal planning and more eating at home - So far we are right on track, we ate out once last week and looks like once this week, as long as we stick to one day a week I am happy

Frugalbigmama -
    My goal for October for laundry is to not use the dryer

Caseythegoalie -
    Make an additional $500 to pay down my MC (yep its up there again) and
    $250 towards Christmas,
    $175 for nursing license. So I guess I will just say I need an additional $1000.
    I'm also hoping to rack up 50000 optimum points this month through various promotions without buying stuff I don't need. I want to build up enough for two top level redemptions for Christmas. I have two niece birthday giftcards to buy in October too-$25 each=$50 total.

MaddensMomma
    - Find a chance to shower every day... honestly I have to make this a GOAL with the new baby here that doesn't sleep some days
    - Start making homemade Christmas gifts... DS' felt food is the main priority but also want to start making some greeting card sets that I am going to give away.
    - Use up foods in the freezer to make room for sales. We are packed full already even after the big defrost and have no room to stock up on Turkeys this week So far I dug out a Shepherd's pie for lunch this week, 2 bbq chicken packets for dinner tonight and a bag of chicken noodle soup and stew for 1 dinner and 1 lunch. Now at least I can buy ONE turkey this week and a couple pizzas lol.
    - Get creative with stockpile foods to use up stock and save money. DS will soon start receiving waffles in his school lunches, bagels/cream cheese, frozen yogurt tubes, canned pineapple, random crackers, etc.
    - Organize coupon binder and incoming coupons at least once per week and do more trades
    - Organize closets (baby's, front hall, back patio, DS') and purge as much as possible

- Organize stockpile room (once DH cleans out all his tools, etc from fixing the furnace)

- Organize and purge papers, bills, etc.

saundyl-Pay $300 on credit cards - most going to prepayment of Christmas gifts except for the $86 already spent on the card. This payment is half done at $150
    - Finish 2 more scarves, a few dish cloths and my wrap for knitting. - next year i'd like to have enough knitted for scarves, dish cloths, wraps, baby blankets to participate in a craft sale
    have come to a stand still on knitting the last couple weeks should do some tonight and tomorrow night though.
    - Put my entire GST refund into savings. Done the first week of October
    - Another $25 in Gift cards for Swagbucks/Amazon.ca - I've gone from having $30 in Amazon cards to having $50 and applied them to various xmas gift orders. After christmas is done I've decided swagbucks will continue to be amazon cards and im going to save them to pay atleast part of a new laptop.
    -Put an extra non christmas related $75 on my capital one - Not done and have a feeling it wont be this month.
    -Have 10 of the 15 christmas gifts ordered and completed - I got 4 done in September and 1 done yesterday. plus stay under budget. - I'm now at 9 of 15 gifts ordered and about 100 dollars under budget!
    -catchup on the last 50 of the late part of the power bill.
    - Still working on this one.

avoncallingu
    Goals for Oct. - SELL the HOUSE!
    Get my Xmas Shopping almost completed and wrapped so that I can go on holiday and not have to run around like a chicken when I get back.
    Get my KOBO fixed and load it up for the trip.
    Load up the MP3 players for the trip.
    Research the best way to get a Garmin GPS for our car as a gift for dh for Christmas. I'm hoping that SDM has them so I can use my redemption points to get it.
    Figure out how to redeem my Swagbucks for PayPal and then transfer it into my bank account.
    Get someone else to organize Thanksgiving!
    Run our church Garage Sale

Blueeyetea
    My big goal this month is painting my craft room and I'm on track for that. The room is empty except for the furniture, and I went and bought the supplies for fixing the cracks in the plaster and the primer to put over the old paint. I saw that you can now buy paint that is both primer and paint, but since that room hasn't been painted in over 20 years, I'm just not taking any chances and bought a can of primer/sealer. Picked up paint colour chips to see which one will fit better in the room. That room is used mainly for when I plan and sew my quilts, no a neutral colour is a must. I'm attracted to medium grey for some reason, but I feat it would get too gloomy in such a small room, so I'm looking at different shades of beige.

Angela273
    Here are my updated October goals.
    - keep tending to my vegetable garden (finish harvesting this week because of too much frost being forecast, weed garden, possibly remove the old plants...I typically do this in the spring...it help put nutrients back into the ground if it decomposes in the garden) I harvested everything except the beets.
    - eat and preserve my fresh garden vegetables (still have green onions, red potatoes, beets...which dh absolutely hates, LOTS of tomatoes, Swiss chard, zucchini, spaghetti squash, butternut squash, a cross between a spaghetti squash and a zucchini...never had this before...my research indicates that the seeds that I planted must have been a cross...weird thing is that I bought the seeds at the store) - I have made another batch of tomato sauce for the freezer, eating fresh tomatoes, bringing some tomatoes up to my dad this weekend, ate a spaghetti squash, green onions, and some more potatoes. Still waiting for other harvested squash to ripen.
    - try out some slow cooker recipes (because I didn't accomplish this in September)
    - try to get as many local teaching days as possible - I have already worked 5 full days in October
    - continue to take advantage of the mornings when LO is at daycare (go to work, run errands, go shopping, preserve more vegetables, clean random stuff in the house, do laundry, weed the garden, take a nap bc LO still does not sleep threw the night, etc) - I have taught most days that he was in daycare in October. I am still accomplishing things on the other mornings.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Sat, Oct 12th, 2013 at 01:51 PM.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Food Recipes
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Household Cleaners & such recipes
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

just in case
    cath007 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Thank you for organizing the new thread. I'll try to post my October goals tomorrow.

edit: Here are my October Goals.
    - keep tending to my vegetable garden (finish harvesting this week because of too much frost being forecast, weed garden, possibly remove the old plants...I typically do this in the spring...it help put nutrients back into the ground if it decomposes in the garden) - everything is harvested except for 1 row of beets. I would still like to weed it this fall before the snow flies.
    - eat and preserve my fresh garden vegetables (still have green onions, red potatoes, beets...which dh absolutely hates, LOTS of tomatoes, Swiss chard, zucchini, spaghetti squash, butternut squash, a cross between a spaghetti squash and a zucchini...never had this before...my research indicates that the seeds that I planted must have been a cross...weird thing is that I bought the seeds at the store) - I have made another batch of tomato sauce for the freezer, eating fresh tomatoes, bringing some tomatoes up to my dad this weekend, ate a spaghetti squash, green onions, and some more potatoes. Still waiting for other harvested squashes to ripen.
    - try out some slow cooker recipes (because I didn't accomplish this in September)
    - try to get as many local teaching days as possible - I have already worked 5 full days in October
    - continue to take advantage of the mornings when LO is at daycare (go to work, run errands, go shopping, preserve more vegetables, clean random stuff in the house, do laundry, weed the garden, take a nap bc LO still does not sleep threw the night, etc) - I have taught most days that he was in daycare in October. I am still accomplishing things on the other mornings.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Oct 11th, 2013 at 10:09 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Wow...October...where has the year gone?
    Subscribing

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

WOW not sure if I should be happy it is October and we are so much closer to Christmas Shut down (2 lovely weeks off) or sad because where oh where has the year gone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wwow October -first half of this year was a crappy one for me(my mom passed plus other stuff) -lets hope this baby comes soon -oh 12 more days til her due date -cant wait to hold her in my arms-xmas I don't even care -nobody to wake up xmas morning -only hubby and and we don't buy for each other stopped years ago -when hubby bought me a white knit suit 4 sizes too small -yep I cried and we stopped buying for each other-just went to ikea on sunday -why oh why did we pick that day??? tooo busy -oh well bought a lovely red rug (30.00)beside our bed and a floor plant(14.99) and pot (12.99)for our bedroom -I feel like I am in an oasis or heaven-wish my mom could see the room that was hers for years -oh and something I am really proud of -yep that was my September goal to finish the room and make it clutterfree and I achieved that goal -next goal cant say -will tell you as I achieve it

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Subscribed!!! Yes,where the year did go???Time just fly at an incredible speed lol!!! Happy first day of October everyone!!!! Have all a great day!!! See you later!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Just need to be more planificated and organizated,I feel you are all super womans in here lol.Being planified is a challenge because I need the car and my dad just said is rengaine of I am not at yours orders,I have no obligation with you,dont get planificated with me,that is a part of a problem too.I will restard to do grocery in bus or in walk I suppose,we live as a coloc,planification and help for making meals is not too much demands ...in common sense,and when you are telling fact and true he is just dont listen,close is mind.My goal is that have to change. I see my uncle and is sister living togheter because economics budget choice and even if they are not always agree,they make it,they planified togheter the meals and grocery list.Familly is supposed to support each others,for accomodate and make life who is already hard a little more easier.Oh and yesterday he trow in the garbage bins the new pg insert I leaved in is car.not happy.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

gogogo it's live brandhttps://www.samplesource.com/, to get the men's razor select Gilettehttps://www.samplesource.com/

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Subscribed!!! Yes,where the year did go???Time just fly at an incredible speed lol!!! Happy first day of October everyone!!!! Have all a great day!!! See you later!!!
    cath sounds like you are in better spirits today which is awesome and so are you.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    gogogo it's live brandhttps://www.samplesource.com/, to get the men's razor select Gilettehttps://www.samplesource.com/
    Thanks I got 17 samples wow!

Page 1 of 82 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information