User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: QOTD: Wed 02 Oct: Random Acts of Kindness

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

For all those wonderful Smart Canuckers who love spreading a little cheer to others...
    ...and all those amazing people who offer a little Random Act of Kindness (RAOK) here and there.
    What was the last RAOK you've witnessed?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by danger_dan; Wed, Oct 2nd, 2013 at 11:27 AM.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got a text from my daughters besties mom crying about her horrible day, so I offered to pick up her kid (at her dealers house) and take her overnight. I took her out to McDonalds and bought her some junk food. My daughter was away, so I was playing surrogate mom to the kid, since her mom is an addict who puts her own life ahead of her daughters.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

It was for me!!!

I happened to pass by my friends restaurant, we were chatting and he said where are you going. I told him I was off to scout new cars for my dad he asked what kind. I told him Accent he says wait one sec. . Gets out his phone calls the VP of Hyundai and says go see him he will take care of you. Got red carpet treatment and a new car, saved thousands. Very cool.

Now the funny part of this is, I was there because one of the waitresses keeps the inserts for me and she called, so I went to pick them up not thinking my friend would be there. My dad had just decided the day before it was an Accent he wanted to look at and so the universe was aligned that day for sure.

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

My DH is one of those people who is always there to help out the neighbors or anyone for that matter. He recently cut down all the dead trees at one neighbors and helped another neighbor with their electrical work. He never expects or wants anything in return, he is just a good man.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I helped the woman in front of me at Walmart on Monday.She was in a scooter (she could walk with assistance)and I loaded her groceries into a cart and went to her car with her.She was capable of doing it but it was pouring rain and it would have taken her awhile.

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    I got a text from my daughters besties mom crying about her horrible day, so I offered to pick up her kid (at her dealers house) and take her overnight. I took her out to McDonalds and bought her some junk food. My daughter was away, so I was playing surrogate mom to the kid, since her mom is an addict who puts her own life ahead of her daughters.
    How nice of you .. the poor kid though

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

The vending machine pic is pretty cool,
    my friend last holiday season posted a pic on fb, she had taped some change onto a couple parking meters
    Super cool in theory but she's in downtown montreal, I have a feeling a couple hobos got a beer or two Does it still count as a RAOK ?

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

ROAKs happen all the time. I kept trying to think of one and it just lead to another and another. I will tell you about a big one that happened to me. Someone 2-3 months ago sent me 5 brandsavers and I wanted to do something big. As a result i saved over 1K in items and groceries in a month and I did a record of it to inspire others. I refilled my stockpile from all of the giveaways from the flood we had in the summer and inspired others to keep track for a month and see what they can do. A ROAK isn't a ROAK unless you find a way to pass it on. I know some of the ladies that have been keeping track use the extras for donations, to help families in need and to help their own family... so it goes on still to this day... who knows where it will lead.

Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Acts of kindness are really nice!@
    danger_dan likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here is my RAOK for the day.

Doing a 3 point turn on a side road to get a parking spot.
    An impatient woman in front of me pulls a U-turn and then comes back towards me. I was midway through my manoeuvre.
    She pulls her car right up in behind/beside me while I am in MOTION and takes up TWO parking spots. I honked my horn at her, so she moves backwards. Because she did this WHILE I WAS IN MOTION, I had to stop and was then blocking a couple of cars who turned down the road in the meantime.
    I finished my move, parallel parked, got out of the car and gave her proper sh!t for being so stupid as to cut me off while I am in the middle of a move. She then retaliates to say that it was my fault because 3 point turns are illegal (not sure when this happened as I did one on my test a few years ago).
    She felt as if she was better than me (nose high in the air) and continued to try to justify her bad driving, so since we were going to the same place, I did what I do best and took the opportunity to tell her how rude and ignorant she was the entire time we were walking.

As we were walking into the building, there was an old man with a cane going through a door. She then had the NERVE to cut him off and he went off his balance and nearly fell. There were two doors. I then went and had another go at her for being an ignorant b!tch.
    As I was on my way out, she was still parked behind me, so I wrote a little note and left it on her windshield.

Name:  image copy.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  46.9 KB

I was so irritated with what she did to me and that man that I went to Tim Horton's to get a coffee, and then paid for the order for the man behind me in the drive thru....because not all of us are a$$holes.
    Last edited by i_forget; Thu, Oct 3rd, 2013 at 12:18 PM. Reason: the last word on my note is sad....uggg, my writing is terrible with I am PO'd

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

3 pt turns are definitely not illegal. Very sweet of you to buy coffee for the person behind you. I haven't done anything recently, although I am always giving stuff away to people for free that I don't need like nailpolsh, makeup bags... not sure if that counts.
    danger_dan and i_forget like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    3 pt turns are definitely not illegal. Very sweet of you to buy coffee for the person behind you. I haven't done anything recently, although I am always giving stuff away to people for free that I don't need like nailpolsh, makeup bags... not sure if that counts.
    It does count. That is amazing of you
    danger_dan likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Today i saw a ROAK. 2 elderly people were loading their groceries into their car at the store... the elderly man was struggling to bend over and pick up the flour... someone stopped dead in their tracks and said... excuse me Sir can I help you with that and didn't wait for a reply before bending over to pick it up. Once the flour was loaded the Very happy elderly couple thanked my 18 year old daughter for helping. (She did this without being encouraged to by me.)

The elderly couple looked like they had their faith in teenagers restored.... I just might have raised up a good kid!
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    Here is my RAOK for the day.

Doing a 3 point turn on a side road to get a parking spot.
    An impatient woman in front of me pulls a U-turn and then comes back towards me. I was midway through my manoeuvre.
    She pulls her car right up in behind/beside me while I am in MOTION and takes up TWO parking spots. I honked my horn at her, so she moves backwards. Because she did this WHILE I WAS IN MOTION, I had to stop and was then blocking a couple of cars who turned down the road in the meantime.
    I finished my move, parallel parked, got out of the car and gave her proper sh!t for being so stupid as to cut me off while I am in the middle of a move. She then retaliates to say that it was my fault because 3 point turns are illegal (not sure when this happened as I did one on my test a few years ago).
    She felt as if she was better than me (nose high in the air) and continued to try to justify her bad driving, so since we were going to the same place, I did what I do best and took the opportunity to tell her how rude and ignorant she was the entire time we were walking.

As we were walking into the building, there was an old man with a cane going through a door. She then had the NERVE to cut him off and he went off his balance and nearly fell. There were two doors. I then went and had another go at her for being an ignorant b!tch.
    As I was on my way out, she was still parked behind me, so I wrote a little note and left it on her windshield.

Name:  image copy.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  46.9 KB

I was so irritated with what she did to me and that man that I went to Tim Horton's to get a coffee, and then paid for the order for the man behind me in the drive thru....because not all of us are a$$holes.
    Do you ever get the urge to key someone's car? Gads, I do!! Esp when I see someone parking in a handicapped space and then hopping out like a regular teenager!! But, I don't. I want to. But I don't. That gal deserved it, though. I mean...had you done that. Which of course you never would. Neither would I. I don't think.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Do you ever get the urge to key someone's car? Gads, I do!! Esp when I see someone parking in a handicapped space and then hopping out like a regular teenager!! But, I don't. I want to. But I don't. That gal deserved it, though. I mean...had you done that. Which of course you never would. Neither would I. I don't think.
    I would never key someone's car. It would bring me no satisfaction. But giving someone a piece of my mind does, my tongue is sharp enough to leave enough of a mark I think.
    There is no reason for anyone to not be courteous and respectful to those who surround them.
    I know that I probably should bite my tongue when I see things like this, but I don't. I have always and will always stick up for people who need it.

I do always keep a pen and some paper in my car for nasty notes. Maybe give it a try for those times when you do want to? Better to let it out
    danger_dan likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information