User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New to couponing!
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

My 2 yr old son just climbed out of the crib tonight. Not sure when to put him into a toddler bed. He's so naughty and active I think he will never sleep then haha. Should he be in a toddler bed now?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Ugh, I hear ya. My oldest never climbed out the crib. My youngest started at 18 months. Once they figure it out they never stop and it becomes dangerous.

Is there anything hes climbing on top of helping him out? Like a toy or anything? If so remove it.

Otherwise, sorry momma time for a toddler bed

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i agree with sally.. once they start climbing out it's time to take teh side off and have a toddler bed.. it's safer then them climbing out.. for the first few nights i suggest putting pillows on the floor right by their bed because.. they do fall out (i still remember hearing the "thunk" followed by the cry)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

We started DS in his toddler bed at 18m....mainly because we didn't want him to start climbing out and breaking something. It's a hard decision because nobody wants their babies growing up too fast, but sometimes it's safer to do so. We never thought he would sleep either, and thought he would be getting up to play at all hours of the night, not the case! He never gets out of bed until we open his door (even when he's awake), and he sleeps for 12h straight (2h naps). good luck!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Sure, time for a bed. He just let you know he is ready. Life as you know it at bedtime just changed forever! LOL Good luck.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yes, it definitely is time! I did that when I was about a year and a half old, climbed up and halfway over, fell down and landed on my head. That ended with a trip to the ER to make sure I was okay. That was the end of the crib for me, and it's a good thing because once I figured it out I wouldn't have stopped, I tried to climb out of and over everything I could including playpens and baby gates.

I wouldn't take the risk of leaving him a crib.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

First time my DS climbed out was the last time he slept in the crib, we took it apart and he got a big boy bed. I didn't want to be always worrying about hearing a sound of a crib falling over on a kid in the middle of the night

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

We moved DD to a toddler bed just after she turned 2. Not because she was climbing, just because we knew we'd need the crib for when DS arrived and wanted DD to be used to the toddler bed by that time.

She actually sleeps better in the toddler bed, so it worked out nicely.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would graduate him to a toddler bed and install a gate if there are stairs. If he is going to get out of bed regardless much better to have him closer to the floor.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I have to agree that it's time for a big boy bed. My oldest was a little over 2 before we switched her over however she never tried to climb out of her crib but she did try to climb in, lol....Pillows on the floor are also a good idea just in case

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

As others said, yep, definitely time for that move. It's funny how each child differs with things like this. My oldest son learned to climb out of the crib before he was a year old, sneaky little one he was. My youngest is over 2 years old and has never once gotten out of the crib (he has half attempted to climb out once or twice but quickly gave up on it).

I was also worried with my oldest that he would never sleep in a toddler bed, but he never got out of bed unless we came in and told him he could. I wonder if maybe they just like knowing that they could get out of bed, like maybe it's an independence thing?

Trading Score
    170 (100%)

My DD started climbing out at around 17 months!! It was horrifying. We ended up buying a crib tent...which kept her from climbing out. At about 22 months she started sleeping in her toddler bed, and we've had no issues.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I would suggest taking the side off the crib for a few nights, and then just buying him a regular twin bed. My daughter was a TERRIBLE sleeper (woke up an average of 3 or 4 times a night) until the day we took the side off of her crib, which wasn't until she was a little over two. I was anticipating a hellish night with her constantly getting out of bed, but it was the first time in her life she slept through. You never know, he might actually sleep better in a bed and not a crib. (On a side note, what is the point of toddler beds? Is there a reason most people don't just buy a twin or a double bed for their toddlers?)
    Marriage is a wonderful institution, but I'm not ready for an institution yet.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Katyana08 View Post
    (On a side note, what is the point of toddler beds? Is there a reason most people don't just buy a twin or a double bed for their toddlers?)
    Haha, I told DH this! We're going to be switching DD in about 3 or 4 months, so I was thinking we should get a normal bed and just buy rails for now (just in case) that way we can just take them off later, plus, we can switch them to DS's when it's time.

New to couponing!
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

My mom has an extra toddler bed so we will use it. We share a room with him in our apartment so couldn't fit a bigger bed. Hopefully we can move early next year and he can have his own room!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information