User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Mailman refuses to hand me my samples boxes

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What?!!! I can't believe he actually admitted that! What he's doing is illegal and he could be fired for it.
    How is the mail in your building set up? Do you have a central mailbox location or does he normally bring all your mail to your door? Do you have a buzzer to ring someone in? If you have those things than, like Mandy said, he should be buzzing you and you should be going downstairs to pick up the packages. If you're not home he should be leaving a delivery notice. So I don't understand why stairs are even a valid excuse.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

That's not nice. I would like to hear an update when this gets resolved, and I hope it does.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nicolthepickle View Post
    That's not nice. I would like to hear an update when this gets resolved, and I hope it does.

I'd be really interested to know as well.. and love the username nicolethepickle !! lol !

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey guys, thank you for the moral support! I have called Canada Post and I basically told them everything I wrote. They will call me tomorrow to figure something about this and I will tell you guys about the outcome!
    anisa and Anna Michele like this.

Please help me to receive a free Shu Uemura foundation sample Thank you in advance ! https://www.facebook.com/ShuUemuraUs...8726161&rest=1

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupongirl99 View Post
    Yeah I would definitely call Canada Post. The mail person is paid to deliver the mail. The sample boxes are mail. I would also maybe check with other neighbours if they are having any problems - if there are, it would be a stronger case.
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianhockeymom View Post
    I would definitely make a complaint! I personally would call, as I think it is against the law for him to throw out your mail, not to mention, it has your personal info on the package. I definitely shred all envelopes etc that has personal info on it, so i would be extremely ticked about that!!!

I had an issue last year with our mail person and called to complain, they were diligent about rectifying the issue and I have never had an issue since.
    Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    Like everyone said, you should call Canada post and make a complaint..I don't think he's throwing them out, he's probably keeping them and that's against the law!! Opening peoples mail...good luck!!
    Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    you really need to let Canada post know what is happening.

Canada Post agrees to deliver items when they take it from the sender. The mailman works for CP, and can't just throw out things, or ruin them out of sheer laziness.
    Quote Originally Posted by tasha313 View Post
    all i can say is :
    what a f*cken douche !!!!
    Thank you for the help! I have filed a complain to them via phone (I can't seem to find their email address ) and I should receive a call tomorrow. Hopefully the outcome of it will be positive!

Please help me to receive a free Shu Uemura foundation sample Thank you in advance ! https://www.facebook.com/ShuUemuraUs...8726161&rest=1

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    I would not suggest leaving a note for the mailman to put boxes under your mat - just because you'll then be announcing to everyone in the apartment that you could have parcels unattended at your door.
    Yeah, I will drop this idea, but there's really no solution, then I will opt for that choice.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mandy403 View Post
    From my experience living in an apartment receiving multiple sample boxes that do not actually fit in my mail box the mail man is suppose to leave you a delivery notice in your mail box for you so that you can pick up the box at your nearest post office. Also the mail person is required to call you on your buzzer if you have mail that won't fit in your mail box. If you don't answer that's when they should leave you a delivery notice. If you find that this particular mail person is handling your mail in an not so appropriate way you should call canada post and inform them your expecting parcels and from your past experience they never showed up. Canada post takes complaints very seriously and im sure if you call it will make a difference.

I hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by mcon View Post
    if you live in an apartment building, should there be a mailbox wall(whatever its called) for the tenants?
    Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I am glad to not have this problem,even if I live 2 floors my mailbox is upstair,but I heard you and I would writhe a letter to Post Canada,that is part of their job,you dont have a mailbox or put a bigger one for those who can fit?When I moved in here,the mail box was small ,nothing appart letter could fit in that,so I purchased a bigger one horizontal and if I move I will reput the other one Never had a problem getting my mail at 4:00 hres after the day.If post canada office is near you,try to make an arrangement to kept those boxes and getting them there,that will resolve the problem.(diy solutions) Or send those boxes to a friend adress and pick those there. Replace the buzzer is on my to do list,but it is the landlor problem
    Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    What?!!! I can't believe he actually admitted that! What he's doing is illegal and he could be fired for it.
    How is the mail in your building set up? Do you have a central mailbox location or does he normally bring all your mail to your door? Do you have a buzzer to ring someone in? If you have those things than, like Mandy said, he should be buzzing you and you should be going downstairs to pick up the packages. If you're not home he should be leaving a delivery notice. So I don't understand why stairs are even a valid excuse.

My mailbox is attached with the other tenants, but it is too small for the SampleSource box. My landlord does not want to put another mailbox.

For the delivery notice, the person who helped me file the complain told me that if the box doesn't have a tracking number, the mailman can't issue a delivery notice. Now I really, reaaally can't remember if SampleSource has some sort of number on their box.
    Last edited by GetaUkami; Wed, Oct 2nd, 2013 at 08:09 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by nicolthepickle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tasha313 View Post
    I'd be really interested to know as well.. and love the username nicolethepickle !! lol !
    I will inform you and the rest when I will get the call tomorrow!
    Last edited by GetaUkami; Wed, Oct 2nd, 2013 at 08:12 PM.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Ask your superintendent if they would agree to receive packages on your behalf and then the stairs issue is resolved.

I've recently had issues with CP myself and I've found that even if I called every single day the problem never resolves itself. (We had mail go missing so installed a locking box. Now our mail person only ever puts the mail in vertically which defeats the purpose of a locking mailbox and lets everyone know that she *just* delivered it so why not grab that nice big stack?)

As far as I know there isn't much more we can do except just keep calling and complaining which has so far got us no where.
    tjthemanto and GetaUkami like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GetaUkami View Post
    For the delivery notice, the person who helped me file the complain told me that if the box doesn't have a tracking number, the mailman can't issue a delivery notice. Now I really, reaaally can't remember if SampleSource has some sort of number on their box.
    That's definitely very interesting. The sample source won't have a tracking number as it is sent regular. The tracking number is like a 'courier' package or registered mail. I wonder how they handle these things if it's too big to fit in the mailbox? I recently moved from a house to a condo and my box is big enough to fit a sample box. I got the last sample source there but I did wonder if I receive a few things and it doesn't fit, what happens to my mail. There has to be some way that the mail can be delivered. I mean it's not your fault that CP has these tiny boxes.

CP has not exactly been in my good graces lately. I was selected for a Chickadvisor thing and was wondering where my package was. I open my mailbox today and what do I find, a final notice of delivery. Ummm, never received the first one. I went online to check when the first was supposed to have been delivered and it was September 23. I check my mail everyday so I wouldn't have missed it. This final notice was also supposedly delivered on Monday. Yep, not there until today. I'm glad they at least provide a final notice, but would have been nice to get the first one.

Anyway, I hope your issue gets resolved. I also agree with PurpleBunny about getting the superintendent or maybe the security guard if you have one to sign for you. My brother's building does that. He had to fill out a form that is kept with management authorizing them to sign for and receive packages on their behalf. He just picks it up from security. I wish my building did that but our security guards handle three buildings and our set up is not very conducive to doing that.
    Last edited by trishka; Wed, Oct 2nd, 2013 at 09:14 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

My mailbox is attached with the other tenants, but it is too small for the SampleSource box. My landlord does not want to put another mailbox.

That part is totally wrong. CP employees have an option on their scanners when they are issuing a delivery notice card that says NON BAR CODED ITEM, they choose that, leave you the card and the SDM where you pick it up knows to search the shelf for a non bar coded item, simple!
    anisa, abbasgirl, tasha313 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    That part is totally wrong. CP employees have an option on their scanners when they are issuing a delivery notice card that says NON BAR CODED ITEM, they choose that, leave you the card and the SDM where you pick it up knows to search the shelf for a non bar coded item, simple!
    Walkonby is correct - my mailbox is to small for the samples boxes so I pick them up at my local pharmacy - I have done this on several occasions,the mail carrier always leaves me a pick up card, you were given false information.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Im interested to here the out come. what a a**hole mail man!
    tasha313 and krysta lynne like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey guys! As most of you know, SampleSource.com went live and everyone is excited to receive their goodies, but I am probably sure that I am the only one that has worries about it.

I live in an apartment and I unfortunately live on the highest floor in my small building (you only need to climb four stairs with 10 steps each to reach my floor.) Throughout the year, I did not receive one SampleSource box and two P&G brandsampler boxes which was odd since I always receive my samples.

One day, my mom was going out when he noticed the mailman leaving our apartment with a P&G sample box. She told him if it was ours and he said yes, but he didn't want to climb the stairs because he isn't apparently paid to do so and he wanted to throw it away. My mom asked him why he didn't rang our bell and he shrugged. I was in my room at the time and if he rang the bell, I would happily get it from him. He said that he was fed up with giving my boxes and he left.

I understand it might be a trouble to climb a couple of stairs, especially when you carry a huge stash of letters with you, but I don't get a sample box each week. We usually get 4-5 boxes per year and I personally think it won't be such a hassle to put a sample box under my door mat once per three months. I am the only one in my neighbor that gets sample boxes, so I highly doubt he carries 50 samples boxes in his bag.

On another note, the mailman put my high school studies' diploma in my mailbox and it got bended when it was clearly written on the large envelope ''do not bend.'' My diploma is creased in the middle. Needless to say I was upset.

This is the first box I got from him after my three others were gone. Now I am worried as if I won't get the samples (I was able to select 15 samples!) since no one stays at my house during the day on weekdays since my mom and I are students.

*sighs* I will call Canada Post and I think I will write a letter and post it near my mailbox for my mailman to kindly put my sample box under my door mat. What do you guys think? Opinions and tips are welcomed!

Thank you for reading and have a great day/night! ^_^
    that's part of his job no matter what he says!
    call or make a complaint on the Canada post website.
    sorry you have those problems.... sometimes you have to wonder what they are thinking

edit: sorry, I didn't read the second page. Glad you called and they seem to take care of it
    Last edited by Cocovanilla; Thu, Oct 3rd, 2013 at 01:36 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    This has been my experience. All packages that do not fit in my mailbox are sent to my local post office. I've never had one go missing.
    walkonby likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information