User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By omegacanuck

Thread: Sears.ca shipping rant

Daddy-O
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Why do companies feel that as long as the product is thrown in the mail with an address that it will magically be fine when it reaches its desintation?

A bit of background. I'm a child of the 80s, and Transformers are a passion of mine. There is out right now a new toy (Metroplex if anyone cares ) that is biggest Transformer ever made. This monstrosity is 2 feet tall! It's also very popular and hard to find. A recent trip to Calgary, not a single Toys R Us had one. Luckily, my wife found that they were available from Sears.ca with free shipping. Sweet!

We placed the order Tuesday, got free shipping, and the item arrived on my doorstep on Friday. Pretty good, right? Wrong. Sears idea of packaging is apparently to just throw a couple shopping bags over the box and throw it in the mail. Now, you don't have to be familiar with this particular item to know that toy package boxes are not very sturdy, and will certainly not stand up to going through the mail. Sure enough, I didn't even open the package. I could see through the ripped bag and the feel of the box that this was pretty beat up. Basically my evening consisted of getting home from work, eating supper, and off to Sears to return the item.

Pretty big disappointment. I've never had an item shipped that badly even from random Joe Ebay sellers. You'd think Sears would be a bit better at it.

End rant.
    This thread is currently associated with: Ebay, Sears, Toys R Us
    Decaf likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

That sucks!
    Sears is pretty bad for shipping, I ordered pants from them once and when I got them 3 weeks after I ordered them they were soaked because if the poor packaging. I try to get anything I order from Sears sent to the store, so its not going through the mail, just from the warehouse to the store and the crappy packaging doesn't matter as much.

Thread Information