User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Tupperwares

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Tupperwares .. the real deal, not just the dollar store stuff we call tupperwares

Do you have any ? A few ? A lot? Which ones ? Do you like them ? Do you find they are worth the money ?
    DFs coworker sells them and I looked at the catalog and ordered some (200$ worth.. ) and LOVED THEM .. I'm a nut when it comes to organizing and also I figured, why bother with coupons, getting deals and stuff only to throw it away ?? And I found the containers really did keep the fruits and veg longer, the freezie ones are awesome..
    I Just wanted everyone elses opinions on it and wanted to know if I am the only one with a (newly found) love for these things ?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Natalka, OctoberSun and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, you are so lucky you can afford them!

I have some, but haven't bought any for decades, literally. Got some for wedding shower over 24 years ago and they are still going strong.

Very favourite item is a big, long rectangular piece, and inside is an insert so you can fit two layers of muffins, cupcakes, squares, etc. It has doohickeys on the side that you can flip to make the insert higher or lower. This was long before you could buy those specialized cupcake carriers. I also use just the big container for tons of things.

My second fave is a big divided tray, with the top you can fit on the bottom to put ice in to keep items cold.
    Another fave is a triple condiment server - mind you, I use it for munchies most of the time.
    The cups with lids have been through tons of use and abuse by kids over the years, and they are still going strong.

Others are just assorted ones which hold about two or three cups of food - I love them all!

Oh, my I just looked online at the fall/holiday brochure and they still sell the pickle elevator - wait, it's actually called Pick-A-Deli, lol! Sells for over $20.
    Best invention ever made! I saw a friend of mine had one a bazillion years ago, and I picked one up at a garage sale about 10 years ago for 50 cents!
    tasha313 and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

They're soooo good.
    DF actually bought them for me and what happened is I had selected stuff, then said never mind this stuff, order this instead and he ordered everything

That pickle thing is AWESOME !!!! We use it here to marinate feta actually. We buy the huge tub from costco and share it between my mother and I. We marinate in oil and oregano and when you pull it up, the oil stays behind
    Also for pickled eggs, love those!!!

They last foreeeevvvvveeerrrrrrrrrr. And yay for that life warranty
    I had lids that didn't close and DFs buddy just took them and brought new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Oh, you are so lucky you can afford them!

I have some, but haven't bought any for decades, literally. Got some for wedding shower over 24 years ago and they are still going strong.

Very favourite item is a big, long rectangular piece, and inside is an insert so you can fit two layers of muffins, cupcakes, squares, etc. It has doohickeys on the side that you can flip to make the insert higher or lower. This was long before you could buy those specialized cupcake carriers. I also use just the big container for tons of things.

My second fave is a big divided tray, with the top you can fit on the bottom to put ice in to keep items cold.
    Another fave is a triple condiment server - mind you, I use it for munchies most of the time.
    The cups with lids have been through tons of use and abuse by kids over the years, and they are still going strong.

Others are just assorted ones which hold about two or three cups of food - I love them all!

Oh, my I just looked online at the fall/holiday brochure and they still sell the pickle elevator - wait, it's actually called Pick-A-Deli, lol! Sells for over $20.
    Best invention ever made! I saw a friend of mine had one a bazillion years ago, and I picked one up at a garage sale about 10 years ago for 50 cents!
    Natalka, lilo0003 and SnowFlakey like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I use to sell it and got tons for myself dirt cheap. Love the stuff I have but haven't bought anything else since (Don't really need it as it is good quality and still looks like new) I love the round containers with the vent for heating up in the microwave (can't remember what they are called) we use these weekly for taking leftovers to work for lunch.
    Natalka, tasha313 and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tasha313 View Post
    Tupperwares .. the real deal, not just the dollar store stuff we call tupperwares

Do you have any ? A few ? A lot? Which ones ? Do you like them ? Do you find they are worth the money ?
    Some large malls have the pop up stores for Tupperware, with cheaper prices than a salesperson.

We are buying the Anchor glass storage, since plastic is not great for your health, for reheating things. Canadian Tire and Giant Tiger has the Anchor glass on sale about every 3-4 months.
    tasha313 and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I have not bought any in ages but agree with everyone. It is great stuff. All of my dried goods and most spices are in Tupperware. I was also lucky enough to find some at a garage sale. Same as what I had just colored lids. I paid 2.00 for 3 containers and lids that would have cost 50.00 new.
    Natalka, tasha313 and SnowFlakey like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

I'm actually hosting a party saturday, I woulda NEVER thought that would've been me lol !!
    Anything to get my hands on more of those containers.
    Natalka, SnowFlakey and blueeyetea like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post

Never thought of putting ice in the bottom of the veg tray! Thanks Natalka.

I love Tupperware too. I have mostly received as gifts. The only thing I don't like is some of their items have BPA (e.g. Rock 'n Serves). We hand wash it all anyway, avoid the products that have BPA and use the Anchor products mentioned above when freezing or microwaving. None of the children's items contain BPA. I also love my kids cups and lids!
    Last edited by Granger; Wed, Oct 9th, 2013 at 08:39 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I have Tupperware I bought 25 years ago and it is still in great condition. A big chunk of my Tupperware came from profits I made by selling it for about a year or so. Once I stopped selling it, I began getting the rest from thrift stores and on ebay for a fraction of the price. I have my kitchen cupboards done in modular mates and have a number of freezer to microwave pieces, and much, much more. One word of caution....Tupperware can become an addiction!
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    One word of caution....Tupperware can become an addiction!
    That's exactly how I feel.. like all of sudden after my first ones I got and going through all the products with DFs friend. i'm addicted.. I just want them all now
    SnowFlakey and blueeyetea like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

oh I forgot I was on the hunt for a Tupperware hamburger press this summer garage saling. (can't find mine) Found one with tons of storage containers. After I bought one my friend decided she wanted one too!
    Natalka, SnowFlakey and blueeyetea like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Ahhhhhhhh Tupperware! I love Tupperware. Best thing ever invented besides Lay`s Potato Chips! I have Tupperware storage containers that i bought 30 years ago and they are fantastic. If a piece cracks, it can be replaced at no extra charge. This stuff lasts and lasts and lasts; reminds me of the Energizer bunny. It keeps on going and going. Anyway, i have several favorite containers. My primary fav is the long rectangular container. I freeze and store cakes, cookies, muffins, etc. I have 10 of those containers and at least half of them are always full in the freezer. My next fav is the pick a deli; i have 2 different sizes. Then i love the cracker keeper (dont know if they still make them) to store different kinds of crackers (i have 4 of those). They are good for lasagna noodles also or for spag noodles. I keep all my perishables, like rice, flour, sugar, Brown sugar, pancake mix, etc in the larger containers. I also like using the shaker container. Small Tupperware items that i love are: combs, orange peelers, egg separators, funnels, scoops for all the above stuff, and i also keep a miniature Tupperware bowl on a keychain in my purse with a few loonies in it for emergencies. I love my Tupperware bowls that i use daily. I never put them in a dishwasher (dont have a dishwasher) and they still look great after all these years! like my hubby! lol
    Natalka, tasha313, DianneS and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I have a Tupperware stack cooker that I like. You can do your whole supper at once in it. It came with a recipe booklet for some simple stuff. My only complaint is that the hard plastic scratches easily.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I I have way too much Tupperware. All my fruit gets frozen in the square rounds...3 different sizes. Not sure what they call them now. I`ve had most of them 35 years...had to replace some lids. I also have a few sets of bowls that get used a lot. Had some trouble with lids not fitting properly anymore after almost 30 years so they replaced the bowls and lids. I love the Freshmates too, and the modular mates, the cereal storers. I could go on and on and on. Yeah, Like I said...I have way too much. lol
    Natalka, tasha313, DianneS and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakey View Post
    they still look great after all these years! Like my hubby! Lol

awwwwwwwwwww
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information