User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By blueeyetea

Thread: Swiss Account

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Anyone has any idea how to open a legal Swiss savings account?

Much later added
    ouch, their fees and minimum balance are ridiculous for swiss accounts. I was thinking if the US currency ever fails (maybe due to not raising the debt ceiling) and if I see that coming, I could put and convert some money into a foreign account to try to preserve the currency's value and diminish potential loses (which would affect most of the currencies anyways).

So then, any other stable, western country where I could open an account? Preferable savings.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by aemi; Thu, Oct 17th, 2013 at 05:06 AM.
    Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Get up to 18 GB in free online storage when you sign-up using this link -> http://db.tt/218DjYg

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If you have that kind of money, your bank would be happy to help you open one. When I say that kind of money, that's a minimum of $250,000.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'd think you'd have to see how close you are to the nearest major city in Canada hosting a Swiss bank location. Toronto and three other cities have UBS branches-the primary account fee is $150 (ouch) but the bank lets you have different accounts.

http://www.ubs.com/us/en/wealth/bank...anagement.html

The legal information mentions its for US investors residing in US. Hmm, how to do the Swiss account? Do you have ties to Switzerland?

From Wikipedia:
    Top-Tier Swiss Banks[edit]

Swiss based banks with a significant presence domestically and overseas with considerable assets under management, listed in alphabetical order.
    Credit Suisse
    Hyposwiss Private Bank
    Julius Bär & Co. AG
    UBS AG
    Banks Incorporated in Switzerland[edit]
    Banque Bonhôte & Cie SA
    Banque Cantonale de Genève
    Banque Cantonale Neuchâteloise
    Graubündner Kantonalbank
    Hinduja Bank (Switzerland) Ltd
    ICB Financial Group Holdings AG
    SIX SIS AG
    SIX x-clear AG
    WIR Bank
    Zurich Cantonal Bank
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...in_Switzerland
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Oct 7th, 2013 at 03:40 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ouch, their fees and minimum balance are ridiculous. I was thinking if the US currency ever fails (maybe due to not raising the debt ceiling) and if I see that coming, I could put some money into a foreign account to try to preserve the currency's value and diminish potential loses (which would affect most of the currencies anyways).

So then, any other stable, western country where I could open an account? Preferable savings.
    Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Get up to 18 GB in free online storage when you sign-up using this link -> http://db.tt/218DjYg

mandolinatou
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If the currency ever fails you would be better off investing in silver and gold....you can get early print US and canadian dimes as a inexpensive way to start collecting silver. There are other things that would likely be currency if the dollar ever drops significantly in value. I read a couple of dooms day books on surviving the end of the world. They were a bit dooms day and crazy in my opinion but a couple of pieces of advice they offered. I would recommend you read a couple of books with titles like that to gather some ideas about what to do in the event of crazy inflation, deflation, pandemic, or other disaster.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did read a couple of books related to currency collapse. Unfortunately, the views in those books are just the opinions of their authors. The money won't be for long term investing so there is no point to invest in silver and gold. It's a short term maneuver to avoid losing too much value. I still would like suggestions or maybe I should open another thread.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Some preppers suggest ammo and guns..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Some preppers suggest ammo and guns..
    Yeah, I am not really into this.

Thread Information