User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Shopping Online or In Person?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

These days I buy a lot more online(just because I like getting stuff besides bills in the mail lol), however I will only buy from places with great return policies, free or super cheap(5.00 or less)shipping, and the store must be in one of my local malls so I can return it easily if needed.
    Mia001, toban and krrosell like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Good luck to them! They should look into the cost of opening an e-commerce site. There's so many websites that ship to Canada, that Canadian stores have to compete with American stores that have money to buy off Google to make sure they appear at the top of search results.

I dont mind buying electronic, food and, toiletries online because that stuff is the same no matter where you buy it. Clothes are iffy for me. I often end up returning them to the store because they fit funny, so I only buy clothes from stores with really good return policies like The Bay (3 months)

I personally think it's great that small stores want to open websites. It opens the world to your product, and your store. I wanted to buy this lamp that is unavailable at any of the big stores in Canada. Found it on the website of a small family owned business that happens to be in Toronto. I'm gonna buy it there this weekend. If it wasn't for their website, I wouldn't have known they existed and bought it in the US
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Gard View Post
    My parents are opening a store and aren't sure if they want to get into online selling or sell only in their store.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Another thing about small stores I found is that they will have really unique items. They are more like boutique shops and carry stuff that you don't find with big retailers.
    So it is absolutely a must for them to have a site, so people can find them…

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Love shopping online, lots of quality niche retailers out there offering great products.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by katboss07 View Post
    Another thing about small stores I found is that they will have really unique items. They are more like boutique shops and carry stuff that you don't find with big retailers.
    So it is absolutely a must for them to have a site, so people can find them…
    right about uniques items in small stores and specially those old ones that are pass from generations.....we used to have some of these unique ones in my town...were we could find things that no one else sell, unfortunately the new generations did not take the follow up
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I have been doing a mix of shopping for the holidays. thanks to Shoppers and their great prices on electronics this year and points and bonus redemptions, I have been buying a couple of electronics there, but did purchase clothes for DS with roots (30% off plus free shipping). I keep an eye out for good online sales that I dont need to try clothes on for but for DS and others I find myself buying more online. Groupon has been great lately as well.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like buy online. Clothing, shoes, bags, even foods. But I would occasionally go out shopping if friends call me.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I prefer online shopping. Recently, most of the top brands have their online stores. You just need to check them and place an order. Online stores provide various discounts and offers and you can get branded cloths at lower price than market. It also provide a large variety to choose. And most importantly it helps in saving time.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I do most of my shopping in stores, and try to not shop online much, only because I HATE making extra trips to return items. A lot of times I feel that in store deals are better than online deals as well.
    Mommy to be, personal style blogger sharing outfit posts and reviews at http://choochooli.blogspot.com. Currently running a $25 Gift Card Giveaway on the blog for December, I'd love for you to check it out!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think every woman has a favorite brand that fits just right or perhaps you are stil searching for it.....you know those perfect jeans that make your butt look perfect...So if you know your brand, shop online and avoid the line-ups in the store and crazy mall shoppers

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I tend to buy everything online (except for small portion of cloth), even if I want to check stuff in person, I end up buying them online.

You can get better deals coupons / rebates, which is usually limited option in store.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I do most of my shopping in stores - I'm starting to really hate it (crowds, annoying women that work at the stores)!!! They think most of us are shoplifters... Which makes your shopping experience really uncomfortable. I have now somewhat turned to online shopping. I love it!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i buy all my clothing IN PERSON....i need to see it/touch it...make sure it fits right. & if anyone knows where i can find a (resonably priced) leather messenger bag, please do tell. ;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information