• 1 Post By phoebew
  • 2 Post By SassyAshley
  • 1 Post By Darth Penguin
  • 2 Post By torontogal12

Thread: Iron Chef meal kits

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Has anyone seen the Iron Chef meal kits? I never found them yet but I know they are here in Canada because I found $2 coupons so I'm guessing they are expensive. I wanted to see if they are gluten free to get some for my son and his wife they love to cook I thought they would get a kick of using them. The only problem is I have been reading up on them and the sauce for the Mongolian beef frozen mean has 1030 milligrams of sodium for one quarter of the package that's 43 percent of the average person's total recommended sodium intake. While the calorie and fat content of the meals are fairly low, this isn't exactly healthy food. I got that part from the article I read. Has anyone used this product? Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by phoebew; Tue, Oct 8th, 2013 at 07:39 PM.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have not had one but I did see them in Metro and they were expensive I think it was somewhere between $13.99 to $16.99
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I have not had one but I did see them in Metro and they were expensive I think it was somewhere between $13.99 to $16.99
    I saw them there too and thought them rather expensive too.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Thanks for the reply I think I leave it for now I don't want to spend that much just to save $2.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I saw a few different flavours at Longo's for $14.99. Each box said it serves four people. So it's reasonable at $3.74 per person (cheaper after coupon). We will try them once we have freezer space because the boxes are HUGE.

DH also loves the Food Network and he would get a real kick out of the "allez cuisine" packaging they have. It's the show's catch phrase. Hopefully they'd be good quality for that price

My suggestion re: the sauce is to throw some of it away instead of adding all of it to the meal. That's how I cut down on salt with a lot of this prepackaged stuff. I do remember the fat and calories were pretty reasonable.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sat, Oct 12th, 2013 at 10:41 PM.
    GoddessDigi and beecameron like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Thread Information